The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans & Panels Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Pics of Burb's with caddy tail lights? (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=200732)

5150 05-27-2006 03:54 PM

Pics of Burb's with caddy tail lights?

anybody got these. I was stuck in traffic the other day behind a cadillac deville and I was just thinking about this mod.

Just wanted to see what it would look like on a burb

swissfacade 05-27-2006 06:06 PM

Re: Pics of Burb's with caddy tail lights?

2 Attachment(s)
Here are some pictures of burbs with cadillac taillights, the first picture is of 88-93 taillights and the second is of 94-96 taillights on a newer burb, the second type are the ones going on my 69 burb. I am also adding a link to ebay of some 88-93 taillight with the wiring harness at a great price.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cadil...QQcmdZViewItem

4x4Poet 05-27-2006 10:17 PM

That's a cool look. Do the housings have a flat or curved mounting surface?

Frizzle Fry 05-27-2006 10:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I like these. Not sure what they're from though. Just noticed the split gate. I'll have to post this pic in the tailgate/barn-door thread too...

5150 05-28-2006 10:21 PM

I like the first pic better then the second. I think this is a real nice mod to do to these trucks and burbs.

cornutz 05-28-2006 10:47 PM

WOW! What are those tails out of in the burb posted by fizzle???

That is the sweetest I have seen yet!

:bling2:

1LoC10 05-28-2006 11:09 PM

those where custom made, billet bezels and custom cut lenses.. it was in StreetTrucks a few years ago

cornutz 05-28-2006 11:17 PM

That sucks!!! I would def buy a pair of those!!! They look awesome, I dont particularly like the thin caddie lights in the burbs/trucks, too thin!!!

Oh well, that is one sick lookin burb there! Wish I had a copy of that mag it was in....:metal:

1LoC10 05-28-2006 11:26 PM

The Feetwood's had some pretty wide tails.. they are not as skinny as the Deville's
http://i18.ebayimg.com/04/i/06/ce/5e/35_12.JPG

Rokcrln 06-03-2006 01:15 AM

I have got to say the one thing I do not like about these burbs is the rear end. I am planning a 4dr Tahoe for one of my future projects and I am thinking of grafting the rear of truck fleet side bed to the burb. It would look like the rear of a blazer with the blazer/truck gate as well. Any thoughts or pics?

Kevin
LFD Inc.

gringoloco 06-03-2006 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rokcrln
I have got to say the one thing I do not like about these burbs is the rear end. I am planning a 4dr Tahoe for one of my future projects and I am thinking of grafting the rear of truck fleet side bed to the burb. It would look like the rear of a blazer with the blazer/truck gate as well. Any thoughts or pics?

Kevin
LFD Inc.

I was just thinking the same thing. The fleetside lights would look so much better than the Suburban tails

-Chris

Long Roof 06-03-2006 11:20 AM

The fleet lense will fit on a burb. You just need the fleet bucket or remove the upper mounting tab on the burb bucket. But I assume you are in reference to the fleet tail and backup light combo which would be different than the burb.

Aaron

Rokcrln 06-03-2006 11:36 AM

Speaking for my self what I plan on doing is cutting off the entire rear of the burb and grafting on the rear of a SWB from center of the wheel opening back. This will give teh corect (in my opinion) length for a 4dr Tahoe and give the rear look I want when done. The fleet side rears have diferent corner design as well as the truck tail gate. I will keep the Burb lift gate but widen the opening to more match a Blazer gate width.

Kevin
LFD Inc.

cstanley 06-03-2006 01:53 PM

Quote:

Speaking for my self what I plan on doing is cutting off the entire rear of the burb and grafting on the rear of a SWB from center of the wheel opening back. This will give teh corect (in my opinion) length for a 4dr Tahoe and give the rear look I want when done. The fleet side rears have diferent corner design as well as the truck tail gate. I will keep the Burb lift gate but widen the opening to more match a Blazer gate width.

Kevin
LFD Inc.

i agree. i can't wait to see that. i've thought that the pickup/blazer rear would look better than the burb's, but haven't seen it done. yet. :)

Hart_Rod 06-03-2006 11:19 PM

Quote:

Kevin
LFD Inc.

I will be working on that shortly, except I'm going to use the burb tailgate and liftgate.

Rob

Frizzle Fry 06-04-2006 12:41 AM

Quote:

Kevin
LFD Inc.

I had the same thought. But the Burb rear has grown on me. Maybe first insticts know best... I want to see it!

Frizzle Fry 06-04-2006 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hart_Rod
I will be working on that shortly, except I'm going to use the burb tailgate and liftgate.

Rob

Working on what? Making it a shorty? I thought I was the only one with serious plans to do it!:o ;) :lol: :metal:

Hart_Rod 06-04-2006 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frizzle Fry
Working on what? Making it a shorty? I thought I was the only one with serious plans to do it!:o ;) :lol: :metal:

No, I'm not doing the Tahoe, but I am going to change the look of the back of my Suburban. I have a set of truck bed ends that I'm going to make work some way or another. I like the look of the truck rear better than the suburban rear. Hopefully, I will be able to make it look the way I'm seeing it in my head.:crazy:

Rob

Long Roof 06-04-2006 11:07 AM

I'm hungry to see all these mods. Make sure to post pics on the progress.

Aaron

Rydn2L0w 07-29-2006 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frizzle Fry
I like these. Not sure what they're from though. Just noticed the split gate. I'll have to post this pic in the tailgate/barn-door thread too...

That is really cool! Im not a fan of barn doors but the split looks awesome! I might do that to mine.

Musclerodz 07-30-2006 12:14 AM

There is a company that will be releasing a bunch of billet exterior parts for 67-72 trucks at SEMA. I will post more info as soon as I have it. I know there will be billet taillights, marker lights, and some custom interior parts.

Mike

5150 07-30-2006 12:53 PM

Thanks, I know I would appreciate it

5150 03-13-2011 12:16 PM

I'm bringing this one back from the dead because I know there has to be some more since then.

The burb I'm looking at buying this week has everything shaved on the rear, but doesn't have a tail light set up yet.

suville 03-13-2011 02:31 PM

78 Cad taillights fit the overall body style of the 67-72 burbs better than the later thinner ones plus they dont extend beyond the confines of the body lines and they have a BU light in them. I havent got a pic of one sorry, if I can locate one I'll try to post it

lowrollin70gmc 03-13-2011 06:48 PM

I'll throw mine up there since it currently has caddy lights, but I hate them on a 4WD. It would look okay if it was slammed and fit the theme. I'm going back with a modified stock look when I take these out.

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/j...b/DSCN0735.jpg
http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/j...b/DSCN0738.jpg