The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Vendor Reviews (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=238)
-   -   LMC Truck... (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=270319)

PDomes7277 12-16-2007 05:57 AM

LMC Truck...

Just Wondering,

I never bought anything from LMC truck. Does anyone have any PROs/CONs with LMC?

I was looking through their Catalog they have A TON of parts, but prices seems high tho.

Any questions or comments.

Thanks,
Paul

63 & 64 Bowties 12-16-2007 06:33 AM

Re: LMC Truck...

I've bought a bunch of stuff from them. Fast shipping. I think most stuff comes directly from manufacturers. I've seen others on the board that say their customer service is a nightmare if you're shipped the wrong part and have to return it, but I haven't had a problem. Hopefully others can explain their complaints. But, I've been very happy with them.

lilred67 12-16-2007 07:26 AM

90% of the products i have bought from them i sent back. mainly because of poor quality and fitment issues.i haven't bought anything from lmc in 4 or 5 years!
i buy all my parts from kenny's or gmc pauls now!!!

Billla 12-16-2007 07:41 AM

I haven't been very happy with the quality of their products. As a specific example, I bought side marker lights from them with chrome trim and in less than a month all of the trim had come off. Looking at how they were glued on, it was a lousy job. I got another set from a board vendor, and they've been on for 4 months with no issues.

I like the catalog as a reference, but I wish they'd just publish bolt sizes vs. charging $8 for a standard hardware bolt :/

PDomes7277 12-16-2007 02:39 PM

Yea, LMC's catalog is awesome too see what is out there. I never actually bought anything from them. I I enjoy the service GMC Paul's delivers.

Good info to know.

Paul

LEEVON 12-20-2007 04:16 PM

I lived blocks away from LMC when I built my first truck and only did business with them once. Prices are high, quality questionable, and trucks are only one part of the business. When I was there they had MG parts everywhere...weird.

Billla 12-20-2007 06:31 PM

Yeah, they're also Victoria British. Same problem - I bought a set of MGB pushrods from them once and they were complete junk. Or, I guess "rubbish" considering what they were going into :) I mean, they were dead grotty - RIGHT OUT!

(With sincere apologies and a ;) to our UK brethren)

kszygc 12-23-2007 05:43 AM

Just ordered two replacemtn foglights from them. Got them in the mail before I expected them, less than three days. Fit great, look great. Much cheaper than going to the dealer.

Dinos63 12-25-2007 07:18 PM

I have bought a lot from them service good.but the parts are poor and the fit is even worse, sorry lmc

kris's66lwb 12-30-2007 11:58 AM

havent had problems with them yet just dont buy their wiper arms or blades they are s&!ty i bought a pair and in staled them and had to re adjust them so they would wipe the win sheild went to take them off and the spring broke call ed they sent me two more for free took one day to get there they broke too so i found two good one from my used parts pile and have had no problems whit old chevy stock

duane67c-10 01-01-2008 05:09 AM

I have orderd alot of little dash parts from them and never had any problems yet, most of the stuf said tiawan on the back, i figured it was with the cheap prices, you get what you pay for, if i wanted perfect stuf i would have got on goodmarks website, but again im building an old 67 truck not a 67 chevelle ss numbers matching car.

blu87 01-18-2008 03:42 AM

They advertised that they acquired the last remaning NOS GM rear bumpers. Ordered one and when it showed up it had heavy scratches chromed over on both ends, so it wasn't a shipping problem. Called C/S they called back and said they were all like that. I told them were selling GM rejects and they shouldn't deceive their customers about what they would be getting....big shrug of the shoulders response. They refused to pay for the return.
Lousy C/S attitude that is becoming common place. If the owners would spent more time getting direct customer feed-back, they would be able to weed out some of their lousy staff workers.

LIVE RUST 01-18-2008 09:50 AM

All this on line ordering crap is quite scary. Sounds like with any of these Vendors, it might go well, or you might get screwed so my advice would be "watch out for you're cornhole buddy".

retodd7711 01-19-2008 08:10 AM

I give them a 5 out of 10. About half the parts I ordered were perfect, other half cheap crap.
I'll look elssewhere next time.

724x4a/cchevy 01-22-2008 04:26 AM

I bought my billet grille, and a bunch of other interior stuff from them. Probably $300-$400 worth of stuff and no complaints here!

Mr79C10 01-27-2008 09:59 PM

Cant go wrong with LMC!!!

LUV2XCLR8 01-28-2008 07:12 AM

I have NEVER seen anything on their site cheaper than a Board Vendor will sell it for ;)

heavy71chevy 01-29-2008 03:02 PM

me i bought a new signal lever and gauge lens from them...kinda expensive for what the parts were but no complaints other then that

canadianc-10 01-30-2008 03:08 PM

only ordered from there once, just last week actually. ordered 97 sonoma trim peice the gm dealer wanted 300 bucks for. ordered from lmc for a 100 bucks expecting taiwain parts, surprisingly it was a sealed nos gm part.

ProjectDD 02-01-2008 11:45 AM

I just asked that question too... here's what people said on my thread

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=276718

PDomes7277 02-06-2008 12:14 AM

I'm tryin to stay away from LMC as much as possilble. I If I need something asap or something, then and only then would I fork over the pocket book to them.

blukangoo 02-10-2008 06:25 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I bought a Body Mounting kit and it worked fine and fit great.
The taillight lenses I got fit fine too but after taking a flash photo I noticed that the reflectors are half blind. I also noticed when I hit the brakes, the light isnīt a pure red but a pinkish color.

I have also ordered and got my Rubber kit for the front and back windows, doors and hood. It will be a while til I can say if these will fit.

Otherwise service and shipment went without any problems.

bad6772 02-10-2008 09:48 PM

Ive never had any problem with L.M.C . be it parts or customer service...Parts wise..they are selling the same thing as everybody else. and i have never noticed a huge price increase over what everybody else sells the same part for. and as far as customer service goes...i think its whoever you do deal with..........shipping has always been fast in my situations and if you go over a certain amount ..Its free....i would buy from them again..and will if needed........