The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Member Dealings (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=237)
-   -   WARNING!!! Bad business...oldschool68 (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=274187)

NWD02 01-15-2008 01:59 PM

WARNING!!! Bad business...oldschool68

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up... be careful who you buy things from.

I recently replied to a classified ad for some 67' turn signal assemblies from a member. He said they were mine, just sent a money order. I sent a money order within the next few days from receiving his PM. The dude replied a like 5 days later saying, "Sorry, that day I sent ya this email back this guy came and bought my brake kit and offered me 100.00 for the turn signals so I just let me go for that. I called ya to leave ya a message. Don't send the money order, if you already have I will just resend it back to your house."

Yeah he sent my money order back but the whole situation is crap! Maybe I'm over reacting.

Oh yeah, thanks again...... "oldschool68"

NWD02 01-15-2008 02:01 PM

WARNING!!! Bad business...

I recently replied to a classified ad for some 67' turn signal assemblies from a member. He said they were mine, just sent a money order. I sent a money order within the next few days from receiving his PM. The dude replied a like 5 days later saying, "Sorry, that day I sent ya this email back this guy came and bought my brake kit and offered me 100.00 for the turn signals so I just let me go for that. I called ya to leave ya a message. Don't send the money order, if you already have I will just resend it back to your house."

Yeah he sent my money order back but the whole situation is crap! Maybe I'm over reacting.

FRENCHBLUE72 01-15-2008 02:11 PM

Re: WARNING!!! Bad business...

Come on dude please read the rules and dont cross post...

LockDoc 01-15-2008 02:52 PM

-
Maybe I don't know the whole story but it sounds like BS to me. If he sold you the stuff then he should have saved it for you no matter how much someone else offered for it. That's pretty low in my book....:(.. It would make me think twice before I bought anything from him.

Just my 2¢ worth..

LockDoc

jaros44sr 01-15-2008 02:59 PM

There are other ways to handle conflicts on this forum, bad choice...J.

1966gmc 01-15-2008 03:02 PM

Lockie Lockie
You should have handled this in PM's man

Liz 01-15-2008 03:47 PM

This post was merged and moved to the proper forum.

LockDoc 01-15-2008 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1966gmc (Post 2529583)
Lockie Lockie
You should have handled this in PM's man

Not as far as I'm concerned...... Who would that help in the future? NO ONE!!

LockDoc

68gmsee 01-15-2008 04:28 PM

I haven't purchased from anyone here yet, but I'm sure other's would like to know when someone goes back on their word. I just read a thread where a seller was disgusted with people that commit to buy and don't follow through. It should work both ways.

If you commit and agree to sell to one person and then sell to someone else because they offered more, that reflects on your lack of courtesy and business professionalism.

CG 01-15-2008 04:36 PM

At least you got your money back.

NWD02 01-15-2008 07:38 PM

Thanks Loc for the support on the post. I'd hate to see a post tomorrow from another member saying they got the shaft from the same dude.

vtblazer 01-16-2008 01:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NWD02 (Post 2529496)

Sorry to hear about your dealings within your first year of signing up, not the norm here on the board IMO.

22 posts in and you feel burned...bummer.

Liz 01-16-2008 03:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NWD02 (Post 2530254)
Thanks Loc for the support on the post. I'd hate to see a post tomorrow from another member saying they got the shaft from the same dude.

The reason for the lack of support was not due to the bad deal, but rather how it was handled. The site rules are posted on every forum on the site. All bad deals, until recently were to be handled via pm with an admin until the issues were resolved. Recently we added this area for people to work stuff out and or let members know about their deals. The main message boards are not the appropriate areas for these kinds of posts. Thats why the members did not back you up in this at that time, as well as it being cross posted which is also against the rules.

Now that its merged and in the proper area, notice the change in responses? You need to follow the rules, when complaining about those who don't, or noone will take it seriously.

special-K 01-16-2008 05:27 AM

Re: WARNING!!! Bad business...oldschool68

Once a deal`s made,that`s it.

panhandler62 01-17-2008 06:53 AM

Re: WARNING!!! Bad business...oldschool68

I agree with Tim.

I understand how tempting it can be to go hand to hand with parts & cash but I consider any deals that I have an agreement on to be binding as long as everyone holds up their end.

That said -- at least the member provided a prompt refund so we're only dealing with "rude" and not with "dishonest."