The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Racing and high performance (trucks haulin more than hay) (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Yowlzaaaaaaaaaaaaa !!!!!!!! (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=280704)

QKENUF4U 02-28-2008 08:35 AM

Yowlzaaaaaaaaaaaaa !!!!!!!!

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/car/588095805.html

Chevyman680063 02-28-2008 08:54 AM

Re: Yowlzaaaaaaaaaaaaa !!!!!!!!

I want that motor.

slammed1 02-28-2008 09:10 AM

Its got some nice features I wouldnt mind having on my ride.

bowtieboy93 02-28-2008 09:25 AM

thats nice i saw it a couple of days ago, 500HP doesnt seem like a whole lot for a motor like that

Couch 02-28-2008 09:56 AM

any1 else running those tires. or know what it takes to fit em like that.

swb85 02-28-2008 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowtieboy93 (Post 2600068)
thats nice i saw it a couple of days ago, 500HP doesnt seem like a whole lot for a motor like that

Probably rear wheel HP.....pretty decent considering how much that drivetrain probably eats.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Couch
any1 else running those tires. or know what it takes to fit em like that.

ladder bar suspension, narrowed rear end and big wheel tubs

That's a wicked truck.:metal:

BADGMC 02-29-2008 11:43 AM

It's a damn nice looking ride but it's a classic poser. The fake rollcage tubes must be why they think it's worth $42K. :eek::eek:

71Dragtruck 02-29-2008 07:41 PM

It's just my opinion, and keep in mine I also hold the opinion that if it's your truck do what ever YOU want with it, but I could never understand the whole fake roll bar thing?? I've seen trucks with a full 6 point roll bar before, and the back bars were bolted on?? It would never pass tech that way so why bother, or bars made of exhaust pipe? If it's the look your going for just do it right and be done with it, even the side bars, just put swingouts on and remove them when your on the street. But like I said it's MY opinion, and that's just me, I'm not into fake perfommance add-ons, like braided hose covers, fake injector hats, cowls and scoops that go nowhere. If you have any of the above more power to you, do what YOU like it's just my taste. Just seems like the whole pro-street look is being coppied more and more, and I know people are buying these vehicles without knowing they can't run it at the track.

Outlaw72 03-01-2008 06:55 AM

Too much bling for me....I like to drive mine :)

Looks like they went a tad narrow on the rear .. lol

57sailplane 03-02-2008 06:09 AM

are you guys sure that there is not a bar in there? the top 2 pics look like it has a bar on the inside painted the same color as the seat.. it may be a seat belt. if its not a real roll bar then why? why spend that kind of time on a fake setup? if it is fake then it goes in the class with all the rice grinders painted that color with zoomy chrome tail pipes and giant chrome wings.. of course this is my opinion.

71Dragtruck 03-02-2008 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 57sailplane (Post 2604667)
are you guys sure that there is not a bar in there? the top 2 pics look like it has a bar on the inside painted the same color as the seat.. it may be a seat belt. if its not a real roll bar then why? why spend that kind of time on a fake setup? if it is fake then it goes in the class with all the rice grinders painted that color with zoomy chrome tail pipes and giant chrome wings.. of course this is my opinion.

Even if so, there's no side bars, no way there's a correct height back cross bar with that seat, and look how the bars out the back are 45* at the top. No way it would pass as any type roll bar at a NHRA track, IMO just for show, I'd be very surprised if it's even spec tubing.

slammed1 03-02-2008 06:45 AM

There used to be a gunmetal grey stepside here in town all lowered and louvered up with a custom offset made wider rear factory ralley without narrowing the rear and and just tubbing the bed his looked just like the mint green one did. It was funny to be behind it at a stop light and see the outer corners of the rear trailing arms almost damn near touching the lip of the rim.

ProStreet68SB 03-02-2008 08:32 AM

My dad (1968SWBBigBlock) has some hoosiers that are 31x18.5 under that back side without a narrowed rearend, just a nice mini-tub. it's sweet.