The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   S10 S15 Luv Blazer (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=130)
-   -   Maybe lowered trucks aren't so great? (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=311423)

67ChevyRedneck 10-21-2008 08:52 AM

Maybe lowered trucks aren't so great?

I dropped my front passenger side tire in a "rut" this past weekend on the side of the road (I was doing a u-turn after I saw a nice house for sale and didn't see the deep ruts in the grass on the side of the road) and it bottomed out the nose of the truck. It broke two of the clips holding the spoiler on on the PS side and now my bumper is off 1/2" from one side to the other. My truck isn't even that low yet :lol:

I already fixed the spoiler, there's a couple not noticable scrapes on the bottom, still have to readjust the bumper.

No real point to this, slow day at work.

corn 10-21-2008 12:37 PM

Re: Maybe lowered trucks aren't so great?

Quote:

Originally Posted by 67ChevyRedneck (Post 2939302)
I dropped my front passenger side tire in a "rut" this past weekend on the side of the road (I was doing a u-turn after I saw a nice house for sale and didn't see the deep ruts in the grass on the side of the road) and it bottomed out the nose of the truck. It broke two of the clips holding the spoiler on on the PS side and now my bumper is off 1/2" from one side to the other. My truck isn't even that low yet :lol:

I already fixed the spoiler, there's a couple not noticable scrapes on the bottom, still have to readjust the bumper.

No real point to this, slow day at work.

Most of my vehicles are or have been lowered some. Its almost a habit now to watch for it & deal with it when it happens now. :lol:

Arad68 10-24-2008 12:04 AM

That must have been a serious rut. Having driven my Trans Am for years, it does get to be a habit to watch for obstructions to your low vehicle. I learned this the hard way crossing an interstate on a Highway patrol crossing road. I bottomed out my car enough to put a gash in my transmission pan. I ended up losing all of my trans fluid on the other side of the Highway. It was the only time that car was ever on a hook.

Was it as nice house?

67ChevyRedneck 10-24-2008 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arad68 (Post 2943591)
That must have been a serious rut. Having driven my Trans Am for years, it does get to be a habit to watch for obstructions to your low vehicle. I learned this the hard way crossing an interstate on a Highway patrol crossing road. I bottomed out my car enough to put a gash in my transmission pan. I ended up losing all of my trans fluid on the other side of the Highway. It was the only time that car was ever on a hook.

Was it as nice house?

Sure was, went back home and found it on the 'net... WAAAY more than I could afford :lol: