The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Do they think it looks good. (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=318688)

theyammieguy 12-10-2008 10:34 PM

Do they think it looks good.

http://houston.craigslist.org/ctd/953038993.html

I mean come on. Big rims don't look good on everything. This fad needs to hurry and be done with.

thirdstreettito 12-10-2008 10:54 PM

Re: Do they think it looks good.

Wow. Thats gay.

Puropedo 12-10-2008 11:05 PM

I guess sometimes "bigger" isnt always better :barf:

*Dylan 12-10-2008 11:06 PM

Change rims and it looks like you'd have a nice truck. Price is a little steep for me though.

matthufham 12-10-2008 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thirdstreettito (Post 3021327)
Wow. Thats gay.

as to not offend anyone

i agree

it's "ghey"

but not completely, cool interior.

leddzepp 12-10-2008 11:22 PM

:haha:

Classic Bowties 12-10-2008 11:34 PM

But wait... It does have 2 televisions. :aiiet:

thirdstreettito 12-11-2008 12:03 AM

The wheels alone are worth more than my Chevy and my 2 VW's.

It's probably $15K without the wheels. :haha:

jritt72 12-11-2008 12:14 AM

1 Attachment(s)
big wheels are for big trucks. thats what i think.....

clay68c10 12-11-2008 12:18 AM

He took too much, too much...

thirdstreettito 12-11-2008 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jritt72 (Post 3021528)
big wheels are for big trucks. thats what i think.....

Yeah! Except Hummers. 30" Wheels are just, well, VERY EXPENSIVE!

Prostreet 67 12-11-2008 12:22 AM

That is terrible!!! Im supprised they dont have the name of a candy bar or soft drink painted on the side of their cars like some of the ones around here do!?!? There are a bunch of cars running around the city I work in (Mckinney Tx.) like Skittles, Snickers and Dr. Pepper. I guess they call them Donks. I call them stupid. Just my 2 pennies worth...

jritt72 12-11-2008 01:05 AM

test

R.L. 12-11-2008 04:09 AM

I don't like em ether, looks like a giant generic hot wheels knock off. The rest of the truck looks good.

caminokid 12-11-2008 04:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prostreet 67 (Post 3021560)
That is terrible!!! Im supprised they dont have the name of a candy bar or soft drink painted on the side of their cars like some of the ones around here do!?!? There are a bunch of cars running around the city I work in (Mckinney Tx.) like Skittles, Snickers and Dr. Pepper. I guess they call them Donks. I call them stupid. Just my 2 pennies worth...

we have the Pillsbury dough boy...tony the tiger...wonder bread. Wouldnt that be a infringement...dont they need to get their $5000.00 each? :lol:

Donks? How bout Dorks?

Bishops Trucks 12-11-2008 04:32 AM

I just threw up in my mouth. I would have a romantic candle light dinner with my ex mother-in-law before I was seen driving that.

special-K 12-11-2008 06:51 AM

Cool truck! How`d they shrink the body like that?

71 burb 12-11-2008 07:03 AM

yea i seen a trojan magnam impala where i live i bet thats thats real positve picking up someones daughter on a date

big_al_71 12-11-2008 08:38 AM

Yo Yo Yo look a my pimp ride straight out of the hood!!!!!!

melt the wheels, then it will be kind of ok!!!!!

Hair 12-11-2008 09:07 AM

Those are too big and things are way out of proportion, but I like up to 20" wheels on a truck. I like a bigger wheel and a smaller tire and keep the over all diameter the same, just more wheel, less tire. Maybe a little bigger overall, but not much.

I don't think it is a fad, like spinners were. I think that bigger wheels are here to stay. 24" is "overdoing it", but a larger diameter wheel looks better than a 15" wheel and cars come from the factory with larger wheels on them now, so the days of the 15" wheels are over.

Before long 15" wheels will be like the little skinny skateboards that they had back in the 60's... obsolete.

special-K 12-11-2008 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hair (Post 3021979)
24" is "overdoing it", but a larger diameter wheel looks better than a 15" wheel and cars come from the factory with larger wheels on them now, so the days of the 15" wheels are over.

Before long 15" wheels will be like the little skinny skateboards that they had back in the 60's... obsolete.

WRONG!!!! Or,at least that`s "my" opinion,just as we now know yours.We have all these sizes now.One hasn`t replaced the other,like skateboards did.:cool:

c10addict 12-11-2008 09:39 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I looked it and thought with the right wheels it would be nice until I spotted the FREAKING LAMBO DOOR!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHH NOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Seriously though I wounder what they did to the suspension to get it to sit up like that for the wheels to clear...

68Stepbed 12-11-2008 09:41 AM

I saw a SpongeBob Caprice a couple months ago in Knoxville. My wife and I both looked at each other in that weird way like seeing if each of us saw it. When we realized we had, we both lost it and started laughing.

Hair, I do agree with you that larger wheels are the way things are heading and some vehicles do look good with up to 20" wheels if done right. I don't, however, agree with the comment about 15" wheels becoming obsolete.

IMO, 15" wheels will always be around and will always hold a timeless look. One thing I've noticed from my truck is it still gets as much attention and still gets trophies just like vehicles with larger wheels.

Another thing about 15" wheels is they will look good on ANY older vehicle(pre 1996) in any form. How many times have we seen where someone sticks a set of 20's on a stock or barely lowered vehicle and it looks bad because the proportions aren't right. You pretty much have to build a vehicle around larger wheels. 15" wheels with the right tires will look good on stock, slightly lowered, lowered, and slammed rides.

I know it's all about taste and personal preference. I myself really don't care for anything larger than 18" wheels. If we built all our rides the same way, it would be a boring hobby. Seeing people do different things and people "stepping out of the box" is what keeps things interesting. It's what starts new fads, it's what keeps new ideas and new inventions coming to keep the automotive hobby fun.

I do agree larger wheels are here to stay, but I do think there's enough old-schoolers out there to keep 15" wheels around for a LONG time.

Hair 12-11-2008 09:56 AM

Okay, okay...maybe the word "obosolete" was too much.

I know that 15" wheels may always be around, (like white wall tires, which are cool too), but I think they will, and have, taken a permenent backseat to the larger wheels.

Don't most all of the full-sized trucks made today come from the factory with larger than 15" wheels?... I may be wrong on this. I can't see them backing-up and going back to a smaller wheel again.

69ROTROD 12-11-2008 10:10 AM

That's what happens when they take your truck on "Pimp My Ride":lol:

Ostrich interior? I'm surprised it doesn't have a Louis Vuitton dash pad.