The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Electrical (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Ron Francis Wiring? (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=329166)

LowBow 02-16-2009 07:05 PM

Ron Francis Wiring?

Has anybody ever used their products? Ever heard of them? They sound like a really good kit, and custom build every kit they make.
I really need new wiring to get my truck running properly and safely, but I want to be able to add stuff to it later. I was just googling wiring sites and ran across this one.
Somebody please let me know what you think.
Thanks in advance.Ron Francis

mbgmike 02-16-2009 08:12 PM

Re: Ron Francis Wiring?

Quote:

Originally Posted by LowBow (Post 3148478)
Has anybody ever used their products? Ever heard of them? They sound like a really good kit, and custom build every kit they make.
I really need new wiring to get my truck running properly and safely, but I want to be able to add stuff to it later. I was just googling wiring sites and ran across this one.

I personally like them. We might be a "little" Biased since we are Dealers for their products. For Custom applications they are great cause you wire from the accessory back to the box and terminate it. It allows you to run the wires where you want. easy to understand diagrams great tech service. If your keeping your stock guage setup this is where the kit lacks some. They don't have all the stock connectors. They also look cool being stainless. You can also switch some of the circuits from battery Hot to key ignition by sliding the fuse over. I have installed two of these in my personal vehicles and never had a problem

LowBow 02-17-2009 06:27 PM

fairly easy install then? I'm not a wiring expert by any means. I was thinking either this or painless. This one just looked cool, priced better, and has the availability to upgrade accessories as I want. But like I said, this guy, not a wiring genius.
Will the wire ends be plug and play, or will I have to do all the end connections manually (e.g. lights plugging into harness or me wiring in proper connections to each end)?
Thanks for all your help on this.

BIGPIMP 02-17-2009 08:12 PM

Quote:

take a look at this first http://www.ezwiring.com/wiring_harness.html

LowBow 02-18-2009 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIGPIMP (Post 3150521)

Have you used them personally?

BIGPIMP 02-18-2009 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LowBow (Post 3152361)
Have you used them personally?

no it's the one i'm going to order just thought i would tell you about it .

Musclerodz 02-18-2009 11:11 PM

AAW just released their new 69-72 kit this week. If you want 100% new, AAW is the only way to go.

http://musclerodzstore.com/index.asp...ROD&ProdID=689

mbgmike 02-19-2009 02:24 PM

Quote:

I commented on Ron Francis wiring kits because that was the question. We offer products from just about every wiring company and I don't give a damn what anyone says their is no best kit. Some people just because they sell them act like they are the best and only kit to buy from them of course. We have used just about all of them and we try to offer an un-biased opinion about the products not just try to make a sale.

my67chevytruck 02-19-2009 03:12 PM

+1 on Ron Francis, this is what i used, and wired myself in my '56 chevytruck. I will probably use a RF on my son's '67 as well.

Mike,
I like unbiased opinions, and I also like hearing opinions of products ppl have personally used, or used in customers projects with minimal issues.

LowBow 02-19-2009 05:24 PM

Thanks on all the suggestions guys, I just need to make a decision and stick with it:waah:. anyway, I really appreciate all the help!