The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 99-06 GMT800 Chevy and GMC Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Are these Wheels Anywhere Near Popular? (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=335515)

GOPAPA 03-25-2009 06:11 PM

Are these Wheels Anywhere Near Popular?

Hello all ,,I am ol papa and I have bought my self this 06 silverado and was curious if the wheels are crappy , so so ,, nice , real nice or what .

Doesn't matter to me if you diss them as I dont care and wont change them anyway ,,just wanted to know if I bought a truck with some cool wheels or not ..

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...ExtendoCab.jpg

stump 03-25-2009 06:28 PM

Re: Are these Wheels Anywhere Near Popular?

they look fine in my eyes, are they 18's?

truckdude239 03-25-2009 07:17 PM

i think they loook alright

67ChevyRedneck 03-25-2009 09:24 PM

Overall I like the truck...

...the rims look cheesy to me.

They're not something I would buy for my truck at all.

GOPAPA 03-25-2009 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 67ChevyRedneck (Post 3219380)
Overall I like the truck...

...the rims look cheesy to me.

They're not something I would buy for my truck at all.

I figured that ,,but I have my show off truck so the wheels will stay at least until I need new tires, thx for being honest ,, papa

Just for the record they came with the truck ,, LOL

67ChevyRedneck 03-25-2009 10:59 PM

2 Attachment(s)
They don't look bad at all... they just don't look cool to me :D Yeah, I saw your thread when you first got it, I figured they came with it.

Stock rims are fairly cheap if you can find a local seller. I don't know what it is about these trucks, but for looks, it really is hard to beat the stock alloy rims.

I've had my fair share of ugly rims on trucks. I rocked red painted sawblades on my old Toyota truck :lol: I actually got made fun of for them. I thought they looked OK. I know the pic sucks, best one I have.

I also rocked white wagon rims on my 67 for about 10 years. I guess those are "uncool" now too.

OARNGESI 03-25-2009 11:01 PM

They look ok id keep them if i had them but not buy them to put on

GOPAPA 03-26-2009 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 67ChevyRedneck (Post 3219629)
They don't look bad at all... they just don't look cool to me :D Yeah, I saw your thread when you first got it, I figured they came with it.

Stock rims are fairly cheap if you can find a local seller. I don't know what it is about these trucks, but for looks, it really is hard to beat the stock alloy rims.

I've had my fair share of ugly rims on trucks. I rocked red painted sawblades on my old Toyota truck :lol: I actually got made fun of for them. I thought they looked OK. I know the pic sucks, best one I have.

I also rocked white wagon rims on my 67 for about 10 years. I guess those are "uncool" now too.

Thanks Stump ,Truckdude and oarnges ,,the wheels are 17 inch and what i think I will do is wait until the tires are worn down and then look on Craigs List and find a set of wheels and tires for sale ,,

ChevyRedneck:: that blue on that truck is a great color ,, and I have an old 82 Toyota ,,it has chrome wheels but getting rusty from dogs pee .. Not mine but from the PO.. Papa

If some one can tell how to answer all people in one reply with out bring up two different pages of the same text ,,it would help me aknowledge all maybe better than what I just did,,

Palf70Step 04-01-2009 06:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by 67ChevyRedneck (Post 3219629)

Not really....They still rock ;):lol:

papa...Your wheels are OK, but I think I would like something different.

JohnC 04-03-2009 03:03 PM

I think they look ok, not my choice, but they are ok. That is why there are soooo many different wheel styles out there. Everyone likes something different.