The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Alternate Tinkerings (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=140)
-   -   Tile job I did (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=342549)

sleepertruck72 05-06-2009 12:23 AM

Tile job I did

5 Attachment(s)
Well here is some pics of a shower I did not that long ago. This one took me a while since I work alone mostly and I am "anal" according to the Homeowner. The bench seat is a slate I cut out of a pool table. It came out real nice IMO. The countertops have the same slate on them. I did the ceiling but at the time my camera was broke and I never bothered to get some. It is 16x16 slate and pinwheels came on 12x12 mesh and I had to cut them down, and the 1x1s came on 12x12 sheets. The same pattern on the back wall is done on the ceiling. It was fun as always to tile ceilings, I only had the 1x1s fall off once in a small section.

sleepertruck72 05-06-2009 12:27 AM

Re: Tile job I did

2 Attachment(s)
A couple more pics. In case youre wondering what the holes are in the tile, I installed a nice claw foot tub to replace the tub that was there. The "rugs" 1x1s on the floor are directly in front of where the tub is and the vanities as well

Frizzle Fry 05-06-2009 02:36 AM

That looks great! I know how much work that is to get it all fitting that well. Very nice!

special-K 05-06-2009 06:53 AM

That`s some fine work on a pretty (I`m gonna try to spell this right) intricate bunch of details.Definately a challenging approach you took.Looks great!

72BlckButy 05-06-2009 08:11 AM

Wow... that is amazing, nice work!

sleepertruck72 05-06-2009 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frizzle Fry (Post 3295843)
That looks great! I know how much work that is to get it all fitting that well. Very nice!

Thanks Frizzle Fry ! Yeah its alot of measuring, measuring, measuring. I was having alot of fun with it. I have done a few showers with that amount or more decos, picture frames in the walls, but I loved this one because I really like working with slate as do the homeowners. They have another shower for me to do in their house and I cant wait.
Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 3295917)
That`s some fine work on a pretty (I`m gonna try to spell this right) intricate bunch of details.Definately a challenging approach you took.Looks great!

Special K- Thanks ! I enjoy challenging myself (sometimes):lol: I was told by the homeowner that If I wasnt so anal I could of had it done in one week :lol: It took me about 3 weeks to get that whole bathroom done because I wanted it to look perfect. You spelled intricate right !

Quote:

Originally Posted by 72BlckButy (Post 3296009)
Wow... that is amazing, nice work!

72BlckButy- Thanks ! I gave it my all and I was really satisfied with the results. The homeowners have made me their "tile guy for life"

I will look for some pics of some 24x24 Travertine floors and showers I did about a yr. ago. That job was really fun :metal:

72BlckButy 05-06-2009 01:55 PM

If only you were closer my wife would put you to work in a heart beat.... :lol:

Can't wait to see the other jobs, especially the 24x24 travertine flooring.

sleepertruck72 05-06-2009 08:09 PM

Did I mention I travel :lol: Well in California that is, but I may be going to Albequerque to visit my brother while he's stationed there.... maybe I can make it a working vacation :lol: I will look for the pics of the travertine and load them up Thanks again for the compliments :metal: