The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Hey ChiefRocka - Don't sell it...... (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=350683)

rcrahn 06-28-2009 06:14 PM

Hey ChiefRocka - Don't sell it......

John,
Just saw this on CL
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto/1238363970.html
There has just got to be another way to get your family into that house AND keep your baby????:confused:

jonzcustomshop 06-28-2009 06:34 PM

Re: Hey ChiefRocka - Don't sell it......

imo a pretty killer deal,sometimes there have to be sacrifices...

TwiggyTheDrummer 06-28-2009 06:40 PM

He's been going on with that for a little while. But atleast he could get one down the road. The family has to have a home, though. But with John's skills, he's set even if he has to start back over.

ChiefRocka 06-28-2009 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rcrahn (Post 3384868)
John,
Just saw this on CL
There has just got to be another way to get your family into that house AND keep your baby????:confused:

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonzcustomshop (Post 3384909)

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwiggyTheDrummer (Post 3384916)
He's been going on with that for a little while. But atleast he could get one doaywn the road. The family has to have a home, though. But with John's skills, he's set even if he has to start back over.

Man this was supposed to be a secret !!!

Well this is the story....we are trying to sell our place, and have dropped the price already once. The prices are starting to go up here in San Jose, so we might be looking at MorganHill, Felton or even Gilroy.

Anyway, I think I have my jetski sold to a co-worker...another toy I didn't want to sell....(it's a 13 yr old 1100cc 2-stroker, but I've owned it since new, and runs like the first day it was dropped in water).....I'm letting that go for $2500...that alone will pay down a debt good enough to get me a home loan.....

I don't want to sell it, so when I listed the truck...I thought I was listing it high enough that noone would even look at it.....WRONG !!....I've recieved three calls on it already !!

Even my wife thinks I'm nuts...she know how much that POS means to me !!!:lol:

I have no yard now, no where to work/park stuff besides my shop.....

I have plans for my 4 and 8 yr olds....I want a big yard for them to play and grow in....You know ??

So we will see....:waah:

Thanks jonz and Twiggy for those words....

Frizzle Fry 06-28-2009 07:23 PM

Good priorities man :thumbs: You can always get another truck but we only get one childhood.

Alan's Classic 06-28-2009 07:25 PM

I wish I was closer and had some cash to buy it and sit on it til your ready to buy it back. I would do that in a hurry if I was able. Good luck with your house and I think we will all be sad to see it go. Maybe you can turn the buyer on to the forum so it can still stay somewhat in a family.;)

TwiggyTheDrummer 06-28-2009 07:27 PM

You're welcome Chief. So the jet-ski will get you into the zone in which you can get a loan, which I assume would be at the highest level in payments, etc. Basically at the level in which you're basically getting raped by the bank? Would you just use the money from the Chief to get the payment lower by a higher down payment or just for other things?

ClassicAutoResto 06-28-2009 07:46 PM

Hey John, You could always move to Ky........50,000 would put you into a 3 BR with a decent yard. 100,000 would get you a 3-4 BR with acreage! GOOD LUCK! Jerry

ChiefRocka 06-28-2009 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rcrahn (Post 3384868)
John,
Just saw this on CL

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonzcustomshop (Post 3384909)

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwiggyTheDrummer (Post 3384916)
He's been going on with that for a little while. But atleast he could get one down the road. The family has to have a home, though. But with John's skills, he's set even if he has to start back over.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frizzle Fry (Post 3384998)
Good priorities man :thumbs: You can always get another truck but we only get one childhood.

;) Spoken like a 'daddy'....thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan's Classic (Post 3385002)
I wish I was closer and had some cash to buy it and sit on it til your ready to buy it back. I would do that in a hurry if I was able. Good luck with your house and I think we will all be sad to see it go. Maybe you can turn the buyer on to the forum so it can still stay somewhat in a family.;)

Thanks... Alan

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClassicAutoResto (Post 3385047)
Hey John, You could always move to Ky........50,000 would put you into a 3 BR with a decent yard. 100,000 would get you a 3-4 BR with acreage! GOOD LUCK! Jerry

Cool...and work where ??;)

Chevy Fleetside 06-28-2009 08:00 PM

I just think you won't be at the meets anymore. I have a feeling you would get another one anyway. I hope I never have to sell mine. A yard for the kids is nice. You know my yard but no fun back there. I am going to try and put in a swing for Luca though.

ClassicAutoResto 06-28-2009 08:03 PM

Cost of living is cheap here.....you can work at McD's and own a home. Your skills would do GREAT here! I know your heart is probably in Cali........

slepysal 06-28-2009 08:26 PM

family first, I know what you mean.
Major props

ol Curt 06-28-2009 08:32 PM

Chief, Follow your heart. Owning a home is great for a family. You are very talented and could build another truck in some short time. Now is a good time to buy price wise if you don;t have to sell one first.

If there are any lawyer types on here, maybe they could draw something up where we could all co-op on the truck.....each owning a small piece and storing it near you, with you having an option to buy it out in a year or so. If we had enough of us that the money for each of us was a small amount, the truck could be sold for charity later on if you decided against it.

I know....my wife says i have some wild ideas sometimes too. :o But I am sincere.

70 Suburban 06-28-2009 10:48 PM

i dont know what you do man. but If I could put in a good word for you somewhere I would. I lived in cali and the cost of living is way to high for my blood. so now I live in texas.... it gets the job done

64Magoo 06-28-2009 11:16 PM

Go with what the wife thinks. If she thinks it's nuts to sell it then DON'T SELL IT. You will find a way around it.

ChiefRocka 06-28-2009 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwiggyTheDrummer (Post 3385006)
You're welcome Chief. So the jet-ski will get you into the zone in which you can get a loan, which I assume would be at the highest level in payments, etc. Basically at the level in which you're basically getting raped by the bank? Would you just use the money from the Chief to get the payment lower by a higher down payment or just for other things?

Well my credit score is almost perfect (where I want it to be) I just need to pay a card down to about 20%...just that will bring up my score alot....There are so many nice, re-done homes that people have gone upside down on. That's what I'm looking into first. The sale of the ski is all I really would need anyway.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClassicAutoResto (Post 3385047)

I hear you man..other states sound so tempting !!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chevy Fleetside (Post 3385066)
I just think you won't be at the meets anymore. I have a feeling you would get another one anyway. I hope I never have to sell mine. A yard for the kids is nice. You know my yard but no fun back there. I am going to try and put in a swing for Luca though.

Of course I'd be there...I'm still going to mod this s#!t hole !!! :lol: (that is if Shane doesn't fire me first):sumo:

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClassicAutoResto (Post 3385068)
Cost of living is cheap here.....you can work at McD's and own a home. Your skills would do GREAT here! I know your heart is probably in Cali........

Cali man for sure, man.

Quote:

Originally Posted by slepysal (Post 3385117)
family first, I know what you mean.
Major props

Thanks Sal !!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ol Curt (Post 3385134)
Chief, Follow your heart. Owning a home is great for a family. You are very talented and could build another truck in some short time. Now is a good time to buy price wise if you don;t have to sell one first.

If there are any lawyer types on here, maybe they could draw something up where we could all co-op on the truck.....each owning a small piece and storing it near you, with you having an option to buy it out in a year or so. If we had enough of us that the money for each of us was a small amount, the truck could be sold for charity later on if you decided against it.

I know....my wife says i have some wild ideas sometimes too. :o But I am sincere.

Very much so, thanks man !;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by 70 Suburban (Post 3385443)
i dont know what you do man. but If I could put in a good word for you somewhere I would. I lived in cali and the cost of living is way to high for my blood. so now I live in texas.... it gets the job done

I hear man, thanks. There are alot of good deals here right now...really good ones...just gotta make it happen with a little better money/credit.

Side Note: One guy flake on me to see the truck (YESSSS!!!!!!)

Another guy came by, and test drove it and really liked it (NOOOO!!!!)

But he wants an old rig for a Diesel conversion (duramax), I was like cool.

When he drove it, he was really easy on it...I said "Pull over, let me give you a real test drive"

Revved it up, dumped the clutch, and he was like "watch out!!:whine:" got the sucker sideways in 3 gears....he must of crapped his pants...

He was like "I'll let you know.."

:lol::lol::lol:

rcrahn 06-28-2009 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefRocka (Post 3384985)
Man this was supposed to be a secret !!!

Well this is the story....we are trying to sell our place, and have dropped the price already once. The prices are starting to go up here in San Jose, so we might be looking at MorganHill, Felton or even Gilroy.

Anyway, I think I have my jetski sold to a co-worker...another toy I didn't want to sell....(it's a 13 yr old 1100cc 2-stroker, but I've owned it since new, and runs like the first day it was dropped in water).....I'm letting that go for $2500...that alone will pay down a debt good enough to get me a home loan.....

I don't want to sell it, so when I listed the truck...I thought I was listing it high enough that noone would even look at it.....WRONG !!....I've recieved three calls on it already !!

Even my wife thinks I'm nuts...she know how much that POS means to me !!!:lol:

I have no yard now, no where to work/park stuff besides my shop.....

I have plans for my 4 and 8 yr olds....I want a big yard for them to play and grow in....You know ??

So we will see....:waah:

Thanks jonz and Twiggy for those words....

John, you're a good man. I understand 100% what you want for those kids...All I am saying is there just may be a way to get the house AND keep the truck...Think outside the box man....Drum up some more side suspension jobs, dig up some more door sales/installs for Harry and chances are you'll earn what little more you need........
Wishing you and the family the best.....

1964C10 06-29-2009 12:05 AM

Really sorry to hear you are selling the truck John, I have not had the priviledge of meeting you but you have been a great help. Hope it all works out for you.

joe231 06-29-2009 12:32 AM

I second Magoo...listen to the wife....
anytime I didn't listen to the wife it ends up a bad deal...wives seem to have a 6th sense about this stuff.....

good luck with what ever goes down:thumbs:

jonzcustomshop 06-29-2009 07:56 AM

.... and with 2 kids, you are going to either need a crew,sub, or another truck for the wife to chase you!
thats kind of been on my mind, because the three current builds I have going are all 2 seaters...

jgh64pkup 06-29-2009 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefRocka (Post 3385505)
When he drove it, he was really easy on it...I said "Pull over, let me give you a real test drive"

Revved it up, dumped the clutch, and he was like "watch out!!:whine:" got the sucker sideways in 3 gears....he must of crapped his pants...

He was like "I'll let you know.."

:lol::lol::lol:

:metal:

1Bad62Pro/Street 06-29-2009 08:59 AM

Well don't that beat all.......
Say it ain't so "Chief"........ Say it aint so.......
It's a 63..........

jchav62 06-29-2009 09:44 AM

Good luck with everything Chief. I hope everything works out for you...

MacAttack 06-29-2009 09:55 AM

John, I still say we need to have a $50 a ticket raffle for this rig on this site. :metal:

Mac. :chevy:

ol Curt 06-29-2009 04:18 PM

"John, I still say we need to have a $50 a ticket raffle for this rig on this site".
:agree:

I'm in!