The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Detailing (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=65)
-   -   What interior detailers are you using? (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=351258)

72BlckButy 07-01-2009 09:23 PM

What interior detailers are you using?

I've tried F41 and it seemed to leave a really slick texture to the pieces, and I know some people don't like Armor All, so what interior sprays are you guy's using?

Any products better than the others for vinyl seats?

72BlckButy 07-02-2009 01:58 PM

Re: What interior detailers are you using?

I have also used Meguiar's Quik Detailing (mainly on my '08) and it did a decent job, but kind of left me looking for something extra. It didn't leave a greasey feeling, but it didn't look like it had really 'shined' up the panels.

Tater 07-02-2009 06:32 PM

I use dust to detail my interior.

dammitmitchell 07-02-2009 10:00 PM

soap and water..
i used to detail at a body shop.. waaayyyy back in the day (OMG the 90's ha ha ha)
and we used soap and water.. all the other stuff leaves crap behind.. and alot of it "attracts" dust..

but for my wifes car i still use the armorall interior wipeys. because she dosent care about my ranting..
"your truck is alllwasy dirty so what does that say"
MEH! my interior will last another 10 years... hers wont

72BlckButy 07-03-2009 11:51 PM

Soap and water... that's a new one for me, but I completely understand the fear of ArmorAll.

dammitmitchell 07-04-2009 12:11 AM

seriously dial soap and water...
cmon'.... it wont bleach your plastics.. ever...
bout the "safest thing" you could ever use.. but.. if you never intend to paint or modify the interior armorall is great..

they i have always been taught to use it is spray a microfiber towel and then wipe it onto the surface.
(that's probably what the instructions say too.. but those have little words and no pictures so whatever..)
the stuff is just a beast of burdeon to get off glass and chrome...

CLASSIC87' 07-29-2009 10:34 PM

I use Meguires Natural Shine... it looks great, smells good/clean and not overly "done". I even use it on my tires...

N2TRUX 08-09-2009 01:58 PM

Tough Stuff and Windex here. I clean my carpet, door panels, leather, vinyl, etc with Tough Stuff. When everything is clean, I use Windex to get the windows clean, and wipe down the dash.

When that all done I use a small sponge applicator to go over the rubber trim (door jambs) with spray tire detailer. No specific brand there, just what ever is cheap at Costco, Sams or Wal-Mart

72BlckButy 08-10-2009 08:10 AM

Ken, have you noticed any discoloration from Tough Stuff on your carpet?

cdowns 08-10-2009 09:18 AM

i use maguires"tech protect" for dash console and door panels been using for a few years and like the results
i use regular household rug shampoo for rugs and fabric seats usually"resolve"
every once and awhile i'll give the interior a few squirts of "fabreeze" to give a nice smell that the girlfriend likes

big_al_71 08-12-2009 11:55 PM

Eagle one products are outstanding

unclewatts 08-30-2009 07:50 PM

A subject I feel very strong about. The Tannery leather and vinyl cleaner and conditioner. I have never used a product that even comes close. Armour All Sucks! It addicts the vinyl and eventually dries it out so it cracks. I've seen it happen. Windex on the inside metal surfaces works well too.

72BlckButy 08-30-2009 08:16 PM

I actually picked up a new product this weekend, Mother's Interior Detailer, and this stuff is awesome!!! (except for the price)

It removed 40 years of grime build up in the crevices of my vinyl seat, and made it retain a sharp clean shine without the greasey-ness like other products.

Myself 09-30-2009 01:08 PM

I've been using Simoniz, and it works well without leaving a greasy or overly shiny finish.

2badgn 11-21-2009 11:32 AM

Try 303 Aerospace protectant. Dont know if u can buy OTC but Autogeek.net carries it.

I love detailing my own personal cars and have been doing it for 20 years! Mistakes lead to perfection!

This 303 has UV protection in it. It has a nice medium to natural shine.

hotrod 80 11-21-2009 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdowns (Post 3456605)
i use maguires"tech protect" for dash console and door panels been using for a few years and like the results
i use regular household rug shampoo for rugs and fabric seats usually"resolve"
every once and awhile i'll give the interior a few squirts of "fabreeze" to give a nice smell that the girlfriend likes

Another "every once in a while" i like to do after a real good interior cleaning is a few squirts of cologne misted inside just before closing it up for the night and before dinner plans the next day .

2badgn 11-21-2009 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hotrod 80 (Post 3632135)
Another "every once in a while" i like to do after a real good interior cleaning is a few squirts of cologne misted inside just before closing it up for the night and before dinner plans the next day .

Spraying Auto Fabreeze gives a nice clean smell too.

JWall 01-21-2010 02:45 PM

I use the Armor All cleaning wipes. (the ones that clean but dont actually armor all it)
If I need something past that I have some stuff from Wizards that is a less greasy and "body shop friendly" protectant.