The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   Finally!!!!! My dream Blazer build. (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=367820)

Blaz-air 10-18-2009 06:11 PM

Finally!!!!! My dream Blazer build.

Hello all! Some of you may know me, some of you not. I have been around this site for many years and used to have a Blazer. Well I sold that Blazer many years ago and have always wanted to do a full tilt project. NOW IS THE TIME! My good friend Nate will be doing the chassis and the Blazer is already at his place. I picked this 2WD up from Rockcrln (I still owe you!) who was kind enough to work with on getting it to Nate's. Special thanks goes out to my other buddy Jon at TriPro for the front clip and the opportunity to work with them on several projects as well. I will be adding the complete 67 front from Jon, it is already at Nate's place. I will of course be doing airride and did some horse trading with Josh (abadsvt) for the front Shockwaves. We will also run one of the famous Dropmember/Arm combos up front. I also have a little 5.3/4l60 combo that is at Nates as well. I will be changing the intake and doing some kewl under hood stuff. Now for the wheels. I worked with Boyd Jr. on a set of 20/22 Boyd V-Twin's with the cast center with polished accents. I already have these as well out at (you guessed it) Nate's place. I also picked up some 13" brakes all around. Once Nate is done with the chassis and dropped the engine in, the Blazer will be making a cross country trip to my other brother from another mother, Will Posey at Big Oak Garage in Alabama. Will has worked on some very high profile cars and now has a shop of his own and the Blazer will be making its way to Big Oak Garage for all body and interior fabrication. The front bumper will be narrowed and pocketed in the fender and have a brushed finish to it. The headlight bezels and grill trim will also have a brushed finish. I am thinking about doing some running/turn signs in the center bar. The windshield will be chopped and laid back some, but not as much as some that are out there right now. Now most folks cut the doors down to match the bed but we are going the opposite direction and bringing the bed sides up to meet the doors. While we are raising the the bed sides up we are also going to straighten the body line that flows back and down. Look at the bed sides and you will see mine are going straight back and not drooping down like the factory. Interior and dash are still up in the air but I have a good idea of what I want. Same on the rear treatment. Not sure if we will make a taller more modern looking stock type taillight or do some custom taillight in the bumper like my old Blazer. Anyway enough about this thing...... here are some pics!

What we are starting with!
http://carterhickmandesigns.com/junk/The_Start.jpg

My rendering, if only I could get the guy doing my rendering to work on it more?
http://carterhickmandesigns.com/junk...Street%202.jpg

The Wheels!!!!!
http://carterhickmandesigns.com/junk/Wheels1.jpg
http://carterhickmandesigns.com/junk/Wheels2.jpg

So there it is.... We are very close to actually starting on this beast and not just collecting parts.

Later
Carter

lolife99 10-18-2009 06:35 PM

Re: Finally!!!!! My dream Blazer build.

Subscribing!
Keep us posted with pics.

72BlckButy 10-18-2009 06:41 PM

I remember hearing about this project, but never saw any updates... can't wait to see this work in progress. :D

nastyc10 10-18-2009 07:15 PM

Sounds sweet, good luck!

abadsvt 10-18-2009 07:42 PM

About damn time Carter!!!! I was wondering when i will get to see some pics. Nice rendering by the way!!!! Has nate started working on it yet?

Josh

Thealien 10-18-2009 08:49 PM

Damn right I am subscribing!!

bagged74 10-18-2009 09:40 PM

I hate you! ;)

its about time you got another blazer

N2TRUX 10-18-2009 09:43 PM

I'm in.

Painter D 10-18-2009 09:46 PM

Cool, be sure to keep us posted with lots of pics.

sson20s 10-19-2009 12:57 AM

wow,that truck looks sick:metal:

*Dylan 10-19-2009 01:05 AM

Love the wheels and the rendering is spot on!

Rokcrln 10-20-2009 11:13 AM

And here I was thinking you forgot all about that blazer bathing in the AZ sun shine! Glad to see it will start coming together.

I know what you mean those rendering guys can be slackers:lol:

Kevin
LFD Inc.

SCOTI 10-20-2009 12:40 PM

Get a different guy to do your rendering! Maybe someone who works for a living . . .... ;)

Zumo 10-20-2009 01:53 PM

Sweet.

98L150 10-20-2009 11:47 PM

cant wait to see more on this :)

Musclerodz 10-21-2009 12:04 AM

Very cool Carter. I love the color and the stance. I know your itching to render another one. Mine has been on hiatus last two years while working on customer cars. I think it is about time to get back on it and may need some inspiration. I will see you at SEMA

Twisted78SS 10-21-2009 12:06 AM

Tagging along for the show, Sounds like an awesome project...

Hart_Rod 10-21-2009 01:00 AM

In.....

my67chevytruck 10-21-2009 07:55 AM

subscribed....

big_al_71 10-21-2009 08:07 AM

wow what a great looking rendering looking forward to it's progress....

jb4short 10-21-2009 04:51 PM

did you get any sheetmetal yet...LOL

See you in VEGAS!

FRENCHBLUE72 10-21-2009 08:20 PM

in like flint... Would love to see a biggere rendering for a screen saver..

VA72C10 10-21-2009 08:54 PM

I am definitely in. Love your work and this rendering is no exception. Project sounds awesome with a lot of nice subtle touches for a classy end product! :chevy:

hgs_notes 10-22-2009 11:00 PM

Looks like the wheel wells are altered some too. I didn't notice the change on the bedside sloping until I read your comments on it. That would be like the south american bed style I guess. The higher bed rails will look good, kind of like the way the dodge magnums/300/charger is. The raised hip line I think they call it. I'd like to see the rear.

nuke1 10-22-2009 11:09 PM

Very cool Carter, love the rendering, should be one sick ride. Can not wait for progress.