The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   grrr, i hate my school (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=38581)

>X< 01-30-2003 05:04 PM

grrr, i hate my school

1 Attachment(s)
well today i found out about a poll for next months school paper "biggest p.o.s. car in senior class" and from what everyone's saying i am prob gonna "win" first. this might be the thing that makes me drop the 462 into my 71 instead of selling it, so i can spank all the slow crap. or put it in the 72 and run everything over. hopefully this will give me a reason to stay up all night for a couple weeks to get whole truck primed. i'm so tempted to take 18 volt battery sawzall with Red Cross search and rescue blades and cut some civics in half. :mad: heres the current condition of my daily driver

DanoDMano 01-30-2003 05:30 PM

Man I like your attitude. My town is riddled with hondas and acuras
with the fart can exhausts!!!:o
You have a nice rig there, just got to be patient.

Just remember how much fun it is to come up to one of them
and light em' up!:D

dubie 01-30-2003 05:30 PM

People just don't appreciate classic cars and trucks like they used to. It's an injustice to humanity LOL :D DAMN!! that truck looks solid to me.

694X4 01-30-2003 05:32 PM

P!ss on them.. They don't know what a classic is. I think is looks great some shiny paint and new chrome grill and bumpers and they will all feel like dumn a$$es.

CPNE 01-30-2003 05:37 PM

It may not help but there is a lot to be said for being an individual, especially at your age. Good luck, don't be discouraged.

>X< 01-30-2003 06:06 PM

yeah, f*ck em all, everybody who knows what they're talkin about, which is me and about 4 of my friends, some of which are honda boys but not ricers, likes my truk and knows that it can run into a civic at 40 and not flinch. it gets mome solid everytime i work on it. man i wish my 72 3/4 ton was a 4x4, i would do an impersonation of Bigfoot over the parking lot

72MARIO 01-30-2003 06:12 PM

Finish your truck offfall off in a nice tinted primer then go to the school and lite them up in the parking lot have them put that pitcure in the year book. People in my school pissed me off so I put a dead Racoon in the school. That had them all talking for the next coulpe of days!

>X< 01-30-2003 06:15 PM

if i light them up my motor will prob screw up and i really want to sell it before i have to put a new motor in it, i mean it never gives me problems, but i dont want it to start giving me problems

3damnboyz 01-30-2003 07:18 PM

you'll have the last laugh in about 10 - 15 years from now when you show up for the high school reunion in a cherry ole chevy that rocks and everyone else will be in those damn minivans! lol

LAP 01-30-2003 07:40 PM

I use to drive the school POS (69 Chevelle). Now I laugh at them when I drive by in my new bimmer or Yukon. Of course I stilll drive the old trucks. Gotta stay in touch with my roots.

I was called a nerd in high school, the man in college, and now they call me boss.

Do your own thing and be happy.

>X< 01-30-2003 07:55 PM

hey lap, where do you live? i'm prob ten minutes from you, -prob seen you before. i live off Frenchtown road in central. do you know the Kimballs? craig kimball? What about Danny Morgan? maybe Jeremy Winters? he used to have a blue longbed. what about jonh madar? those are some people i know that live out your way, most have a bunch of old cars so you might know them

jku72 01-30-2003 08:41 PM

Many of us drove similar or worse vehicles in High School. Everybody used to call my rusted out cadillac convertible the worst looking car, the biggest POS in the lot, etc. It WAS a $300 dollar special, and looked it. At the time, I thought it was the best, but also never worried when people laughed, in fact, I used to play on that.
My advice? Put some of the parts back on until you have enough cash to do the paint, if you have them. I saw the bed in the background, is that the correct bed? If put it, or at least the grille and cowl panel on, the truck would look a lot better. If you study and graduate and get a decent job, what seems like big money to you now will become chump change, at that time you will be able do great things with the truck. I myself tried to fix up my cad, and ended up driving around a partly disassembled car, I spent most of my money on that car, for minimal gains, and now? All that money in next to nothing to what i make now. I dont feel like I totally wasted all my hard earned money, but I do think I could have spent the money better on other things, and just kept the car in one piece, somewhat presentable.

I say put the truck back together and wait for later to do major projects, maintenence is a big enough job without having to try and do a resto. My 2 cents, take it or leave it.

matt_field 01-30-2003 08:46 PM

man id kill to drive that truck to school! primer is the best color of all

orange72 01-30-2003 08:50 PM

yea i know the feeling man. im a senior in high school and when i had my bed off everyone was telling me about how ugly it looked and stuff..but dont worry man cause most of them people dont even have a vehichle to start with,

JHickson6 01-30-2003 09:29 PM

Hey have you ever gotten in any trouble for driving that truck without a bed on it?
And oh yeah I share your passion for hating rice rockets, check out my signature!!:D

Myride 01-30-2003 09:35 PM

Do what you got to do, forget them.

MandarinSixSeven 01-30-2003 09:36 PM

ya nobody respects the classics anymore, spoiled brats just go out and buy a shiny new car off the lot and have an instant "cool" car...but in the long run, i guarantee you will have the cool one that everyone is drooling over.

71blksuper4x4 01-30-2003 10:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Sorry, to hear the news!!!!! I am a senior at my high school and I would do that Bigfoot job for you........ if you weren't so dang far away. Good luck with the projects!!! Trevor

casey 01-30-2003 10:18 PM

Just think a first place trophy!!!!, just take it and laugh, It's hard to justify what we do with theses trucks to the majority, they don't understand.All the guys I work with have nice new trucks, and don't get me wrong there nice , but who's truck do people want to look at, the old ones, I've seen people walk right by a guys 60,000 dollar rig to look at my 71 4x4. So seanh71 keep you chin up and keep havin fun with you truck, It's a masterpeice in the works

GMC71k20 01-30-2003 10:36 PM

this means its time to get your 454 project together, then you can rape a set of michelens all through the parking lot.

1974ChevyC10 01-30-2003 11:37 PM

i know how you feel as well-i drove the school POS when i was in high school.thank god i only drove it for my senior year though b/c i hated that damn truck although i could never understand why my dad and uncle wanted me to fix it up they knew i hated that truck.i no longer own it thank god and i do have a truck that has a little bit of rust thats it but i like it and i do plan on replacing the rusted out components when i get my tax check.the truck i have now runs good-has a solid motor and solid tranny internals but the tranny needs resealed-has a small leak in it and needs a few minor things done to it.sorry to have gone off on a tangent but i agree with what most of the board says no one appreciates the classics anymore and would rather buy "cool" rather than build something cool and different on the road rather than all the cookie cutter cars on the road.keep going with your truck sean and see there faces in the end when you have a cool truck and there still driving riced out cars.

Nova_Cobra64 01-31-2003 12:57 AM

We had the same sort of thing in our last school newpaper. It was called trends of 2002. I thought maybe I would get nicest vehicle with my 69, but they chose a new stock tiburon9guys) and stock civic(girls). I was also hoping to get best beater with my 80's bondo mobile, but that went to an old civic. Unfortunately I got "Biggest Brain". The funny part is half my classes are tech classes and thats why my average is high.

useRc10 01-31-2003 01:13 AM

my truck actually made the video announcements last year as one ofthe cool cars...some people did think it was a piece (mainly myy friend that went back in forth with me calling eachother's car's pieces (he has a '74 charger)...not everyone thinks that theyre just old beatup trucks!

GMC JUNKIE TOO 01-31-2003 01:23 AM

Some of the pepole at my school dont like my truck, and dont understand why I own it. But some pepole like it, even those with new cars. There are 5 67-72's at my school so most pepole are used to them. Most peopole who dont like classics drive daddy bought rides, I paid for mine 100%.

still w.i.p '68 01-31-2003 01:25 AM

back in my high school daze I drove a '72 super cheyenne,
mustard+ white, it was one of the quickest at school,
lowered with a pirated vette 350, and 4:56 gears, I have the proud honor as being
the reason there are speed bumps in that parking lot, as
we would drag race at lunch time.
If you can't out run them, Make it with there girlfriends !