The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Truck Popularity (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=399307)

cranetaker77 04-25-2010 07:09 PM

Truck Popularity

Well we went up to Carlisle yesterday. This was the first time we actually went up there looking for truck parts. The last couple times we have went last year we were looking for speed parts. So now having the 66 C-10 we went up looking for parts for that. We had a small list,and were able to find a few items. We picked up a repo left front fender, a new grill, a used grill support panel. We had no luck at all finding the right front fender. All of the vendors selling the new sheet metal sold them out on the days before. We also couldn't find a hood too. One guy from Arizona said he brought six with him, and he sold out of them in no time. Well anyways my point is, I had no idea that these trucks were so popular. Around were I live you see nothing but 67-72's. I was just suprised that everyone was sold out of stuff by Saturday. So I suppose our plan for truck nationals, would be to get up there on like Thursday or Friday. Luckily the rain didn't start til about 1 or 1:30. Which sucked, because everybody started packing up early. But we stuck it out til about 3, and it ended up just drizzling for a little bit. All in all it was a good day. Tiring, long day, but a good day.

aerotruk63 04-25-2010 07:14 PM

Re: Truck Popularity

Carlisle is a hit and miss adventure. Some years I've gone and found nothing, then another you just don't have enough money with you. I'd like to go to the truck nationals this year.

markeb01 04-25-2010 07:17 PM

No matter how hot, cold, or wet - it's always a good day when you come home with something you were looking for.

cranetaker77 04-25-2010 07:43 PM

Yea , it can be a hit or miss, but honestly, I like going even if I'm not looking for anything. I like just looking at all the interesting things that they have up there, plus alot of the times you can learn something to. Like yesterday we learned the proper way to use a body hammer and dolly.We try to make it to the major ones. We just started going last spring. But I'd have to say my favorite part is stopping on the way home at Keystone Fireworks and stocking up, haha.

motiveauto 04-25-2010 10:29 PM

I bought the second to last 65 hood from the guy from Arizona...two years in a row I came home empty handed, I ran straight to where he was last year and then carried the hood almost a mile back to my dads truck. Carlisle is awesome...but only when you find what you want.

Rich 5150 69 04-25-2010 11:25 PM

We used to see a lot of trucks and parts on craigslist in Calif, but here lately they seemed to have dried up...everybody`s holding on to them, you almost are better off buying a good parts truck..

duallyjams 04-26-2010 09:31 AM

I was there on Thursday and Friday. Check out the Md forum on here.I could have bird dog for ya on your parts.
Welcome to the forum.