The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Vendor Reviews (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=238)
-   -   Classic Truck Parts (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=439833)

Ricoh 01-10-2011 01:21 PM

Classic Truck Parts

Anybody ever order from Classic Truck Parts??? Stuff is so hard to get up here in Canada and so expensive when you do find it. Any feedback????

Rick

Clyde65 01-10-2011 01:39 PM

Re: Classic Truck Parts

I have ordered from them since probably 1991, they have always been goo and fair on prices and customer service.

79beater 01-10-2011 01:43 PM

I have had great service from them and the parts are of good quality. At least the weather seals are.

Clyde65 01-10-2011 03:06 PM

The most recent purchase I made from them ( couple months ago), they called me and told me something was on backorder and also that one part I ordered came with another part I ordered as a set/package and I didnt need to order it. I thought that was real cool.

Gobbles 01-21-2011 03:56 PM

I have never dealt with Classic Truck parts specifically but just being a Canadian getting parts and what-not in a heavily American industry, I find that using a PO box of some sort in the states and personally ferrying parts across the border lowers fee's and the amount of time it takes to get parts. Just putting it out there, I figure in Ottawa you aren't too far and can potentially do the same.

Top Banana 01-21-2011 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gobbles (Post 4428201)
I have never dealt with Classic Truck parts specifically but just being a Canadian getting parts and what-not in a heavily American industry, I find that using a PO box of some sort in the states and personally ferrying parts across the border lowers fee's and the amount of time it takes to get parts. Just putting it out there, I figure in Ottawa you aren't too far and can potentially do the same.

for sheetmetal you should be able to buy from Bill's Truck Shop in Ontario, Cross Canada, or Pro Body Parts. All of them stock.

Bill's is at 905-725-3460

markeb01 01-24-2011 08:11 PM

About 75% of aftermarket truck specific parts for my GMC came from Chevy Duty (before GM forced the name change), and I continue to buy from them. I've never had a disappointment. I originally selected them simply because they had the best pricing, and was happily surprised to discover they provide great service and quality parts. 20% came from American Classic. No disappointments in quality or service, but I quit using them when they initiated a minimum order fee.

I’ve only ordered one part from LMC because they are simply too expensive, as is Brothers. It’s easy to analyze, just get a copy of each suppliers catalog and compare prices.

abigaillozano 07-29-2011 01:55 AM

Hi there, a great option would be as someone said before me, would be to just have a PO box and have the classic pickup truck parts you bought delivered there for your personal pickup. I was wondering how much would the extra taxes be if you have it delivered directly to Canada? Would the VAT of the state you are in be added to online purchases? At least shipping is free now to Canada (I think)