The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Vendor Reviews (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=238)
-   -   Summit Racing Rules (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=451716)

Sinister 03-08-2011 09:11 AM

Summit Racing Rules

Summit Racing kicks . There huge selection and great website make shopping a total pleasure. Customer service is top notch. I ordered a spare hard to find Gatorback V-belt last night. The shipped it out last night at 11:00 PM, it'll be here tomorrow. Super fast shipping for $5 totally rocks.

Indian113 03-08-2011 11:19 AM

Re: Summit Racing Rules

I ordered a set of wheels from them,$20.00 cheaper than directly from Wheel Vintique and I got FREE Shipping. They shipped out on Thursday and delivered on Saturday for no charge!!!!!

lilpoindexter 03-09-2011 12:59 AM

I ordered the wrong shocks, I got another set no questions asked...I did have to pay for return shipping , but they paid the freight on the 2nd set they sent me. I love buying stuff from summit....Im getting close to getting my tax refund too!

TCS7 03-18-2011 03:34 PM

Bought a set of wheels and they didn't fit. Returned for full refund. No questions. I've never had a problem with Summit.

pockets 03-18-2011 03:52 PM

i've been really happy as well. Everything except my hoist I've bought from them so far.

allengator 03-18-2011 03:58 PM

Always have good luck with SUMMIT....

Restrorob 03-20-2011 09:14 AM

I ordered a 2 1/16" in/under dash gas gauge, It arrived in 3 days. I opened the box and found it had been mounted/used scratched up and had no wiring instruction sheet (not like I needed instructions).

I cocked both barrels and give um a call, I knew it wasn't the fault of the poor person who was going to pick up my call but I was pizzed and needed to unload. I didn't get a full sentence out before the guy interrupted and flat out killed me with kindness !

The big brown truck showed up the next day with a call tag for the "used" one and brought a new one the following day, I opened the box and the guy had threw in their decal/trash bag deal a new catalog AND a Summit hat....

SUMMIT ROCKS !!! :metal:

71STPSDE 03-23-2011 08:09 PM

I've spent 1000's of dollars with them for the past 16 years. I love the fast shipping and the awesome customer service. There prices might not be the cheapest, but you get great service though. It's nice to be able to return something and not have to pay for a stocking fee.

hpurey 08-25-2011 07:59 PM

Yes sir!....I know this is an old thread but didn't want to start another being it was for the same thing anyway. I just ordered some Headers, a heater core and a fuel pressure regulator yesterday mid-afternoon at work Aug 24th and received the heater core today Aug 25th.. The headers and Fuel prssr reg. scheduled for tomorrow eta. Everytime I have ordered from Summit I skipped out on paying the extra for faster shipping because I get it in a few days anyway. Woohoo!, got some things to do this weekend :metal:

big_al_71 09-23-2011 08:37 PM

Same here I have purchased thousand of $$$ from them and have never had an issue parts at my door in two days and free shipping to boot.

biggestjohn 10-16-2011 01:11 PM

I have been buying from Summit for over 15 years, and have always loved them.................except for recently.

I called to get a price match on some items, some of which were $30 cheaper elsewhere. I spent 15 minutes on the phone with this CSR, only to find out that he was going on the other web sites to find out the shipping charges from the other sites. He then tried to charge me 4 different shipping charges!!

A price match is a price match on the item, not the total cost. If they want to play that game, I will buy the items from the competitors. I'm not calling just so that I can have the privilege of buying from Summit. I decided to go to Jegs. I can price match directly on their site and never have to speak to anyone!!! AND I get the items just as fast!!!

I have spent well over $10,000 with Summit over the years, and yes, I will still purchase there, but only if Jegs (or others) doesn't have what I'm looking for.

El Campo 10-16-2011 02:01 PM

I love Summit! Have also spent many thousands of dollars there. Every time I order anything from Jegs and I have many times the prices they give me on phone are higher on at least some items then they are on website or in catalog. I order parts from other places too but nothings beats those Summit boxes! And that 11.95 handling fee is more than fair I believe when u consider that u can get that price no matter how much you order.
Posted via Mobile Device

79k30dually 12-25-2011 10:04 PM

I purchased a pypes exhaust system, 2.5" mandril bent stainless, for my Laguna for less than pypes wanted. I also had the system the next day. The best thing is when I do call I don't have to listen to a 18 kid who drives a honda tell me what I need for my vehicles. Great People, Ron