The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967-1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   RI Cabs for patch panel cuts (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=507567)

old Chevy guy 02-06-2012 06:41 PM

Cabs for patch panel cuts

3 Attachment(s)
I have several cabs that I'd like to get rid of that may or may not have pieces someone could use as patches . Theres not really to many outer floor or rocker parts but there are some hump sections that are pretty good. Dash and firewalls roof etc. Let me know what you need and I can get some pictures and prices. these pictures are a 68,if you see something else you want let me know.

loosecannonzs 02-07-2012 02:17 AM

Re: Cabs for patch panel cuts

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c1...nzs/67Cab1.jpg

I need area for passenger side of truck. And I need the top cut to be alittle higher up to where the trim piece is. I might be interested in the driver side also.

Shipped to 33021
Thanks, Ron

tanman722001 02-07-2012 04:28 AM

What would you want for this peice?

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...asurements.jpg

bondo510 02-07-2012 07:40 AM

do you have a uncut radio section?

oklalawnboy 02-07-2012 08:46 AM

I'm looking for an inner cab piece on the left side. From left pillar to say the length of the sunvisor. Will try and post a pic of what I need later today. Thanks.

old Chevy guy 02-07-2012 10:37 AM

Loosecannonzs do you want just the skin or the door jamb and latch part also? I sold this peice from the other side of this truck but have others dedending on how far they need to extend around the back,some of the others have small dents on the back. Tanman That piece should be good. Basicly your just looking for a good clutch rod hole? Would it be worth $20 plus the ship? which is probably between 10 and $15 closer to $10 I suspect. Bondo510 I do have radio sections give me a better idea how big a piece you want. Oakalawnboy if your looking for the inner roof where it meets the windshield I dont think I can help with that, the only truck I have that that piece is good is this 68 pictured and I brought that here to cut that very piece out of for my truck. Let me know exactly what you want and Ill look again, I have 3 more up the road I can look at too.

oklalawnboy 02-07-2012 01:49 PM

Oakalawnboy if your looking for the inner roof where it meets the windshield I dont think I can help with that, the only truck I have that that piece is good is this 68 pictured and I brought that here to cut that very piece out of for my truck. Let me know exactly what you want and Ill look again, I have 3 more up the road I can look at too.[/QUOTE]

That is the piece I'm looking for. Thanks for answering. I guess I'll order the aftermarket one.

old Chevy guy 02-07-2012 04:22 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Bondo510 here is a picture of a radio section I have. I could cut at the oval holes at the top and left of the radio at the instrament hole. It already been cut at the glove box. Its in perfect condition except the small surface rust spots under the radio hole that should sand out.You can have the whole center section for $30 plus shipping its from a 72 in case it makes a difrence .Loosecanonzs This a picture of a corner section let me know better exactly what you want cut,would you go $30 plus ship? Tanman Heres a picture of the piece I will cut.LMK if that looks good to you.

loosecannonzs 02-07-2012 07:25 PM

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c1...firewall-1.jpg
As for the cab passenger side I need the jamb and skin. From the bottom seam (rocker area) to the top seam (about even with the door window) and I would like it to wrap around 1" - 2" past where the bed meets the cab. The original picture I highlighted was incorrect.

I also need some of the firewall.
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c1...firewall-1.jpg

loosecannonzs 02-07-2012 07:26 PM

Guess I fail at posting. The top picture was meant to be this one.....
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c1...s/doorjamb.jpg

loosecannonzs 02-07-2012 07:29 PM

Wow! Forgot to say that on the Drivers side I only need the skin, but from rocker seam to same top seam and wrapping atleast 1" past where the bed meets the cab.

Thanks and sorry for the spam posting....

old Chevy guy 02-07-2012 08:37 PM

Loosecanonzs I can do the corner as marked just be aware that below the lower body line the corner is pretty rotted,you should be good as far as your line in that picture. I can take another picture that shows that all the way to the bottom if you need me to. If that one dosent work there is another one out there we can look at. I'll see what I have as far as drivers corners,a few have small dents I dont know what you can settle for. The piece you outlined on the drivers side firewall all looks good,are you mostly looking at the top of the cowl ? I can take closer picture tomorrow also. The passengers side has a hole just below the bolt hole where I think its the cowl bolts down. I will have to dig into the other truck to see that area tomorrow also. I have 3 more but there not here now,hoping to bring them here soon. I can get stuff from them but have to drive around 12 miles to get there.

dcasalena 02-07-2012 08:43 PM

got any rear slider glass? Been looking for one up this way for quite a while.
How about a driver side floor patch from front of the seat riser to about the kick panel?

loosecannonzs 02-07-2012 08:54 PM

If the Passenger side bottom corner below the line is rotted (I can see rust in the picture) it is fine. If the Drivers sides have small dents but no bad creases it is fine also, I just dont want rust holes or badly pitted metal.

I'm real busy at work until Friday or Saturday so I'm not sure if I can pull my cowl until then. I can just see bad rust bubbles on my firewall just above where the "gutter rail?" is. Take closer pictures of the firewall area you have so I can decide on those as well.

Thanks, Ron

DD1 02-07-2012 09:04 PM

If Bondo does not want the radio section, I may be interested. Let me know. Thanks.

old Chevy guy 02-07-2012 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dcasalena (Post 5173368)
got any rear slider glass? Been looking for one up this way for quite a while.
How about a driver side floor patch from front of the seat riser to about the kick panel?

No slider glass, sorry. Floors are pretty bad in all these cabs I'll double check but I dought it. You can buy that new for under $50 I'm pretty sure.

old Chevy guy 02-07-2012 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loosecannonzs (Post 5173384)
If the Passenger side bottom corner below the line is rotted (I can see rust in the picture) it is fine. If the Drivers sides have small dents but no bad creases it is fine also, I just dont want rust holes or badly pitted metal.

I'm real busy at work until Friday or Saturday so I'm not sure if I can pull my cowl until then. I can just see bad rust bubbles on my firewall just above where the "gutter rail?" is. Take closer pictures of the firewall area you have so I can decide on those as well.

Thanks, Ron

I'll get more picture and wont send anything till we know everything, so we can ship altogether

old Chevy guy 02-07-2012 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DD1 (Post 5173416)
If Bondo does not want the radio section, I may be interested. Let me know. Thanks.

If he does take it I have more and some whole dash panels

DD1 02-08-2012 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by old Chevy guy (Post 5173487)
If he does take it I have more and some whole dash panels

Thanks! I don't need a whole dash panel, but could use a radio panel. I really only need the rectangular area around the radio. If you could send some pics of the others you have, that would be great.

old Chevy guy 02-08-2012 10:21 AM

DD1 I might have to run up the road to where some other trucks are kept so it may be a day or more till I can get there in the daylight.

DD1 02-08-2012 10:27 AM

Thanks! No rush, really. It's going to be a while before I get to fixing that. Got way more important stuff to work on first. Don't make any special trips for me. If you are going that way, then great. Otherwise it can wait until you are going for something else.

old Chevy guy 02-08-2012 08:42 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Loosecanonzs Here are the cowl firewall pictures for the drivers side. The passangers side on a diffrent truck I have here looks like it could be good but Ill have to take some stuff off to get a better look and or pictures. if you figure what you need of this try and mark up the new bigger picture with cut lines if you can. DD1, will do,thanks

loosecannonzs 02-08-2012 08:50 PM

Good news is I finished up my job and will have time to take my cowl off tomorrow and give you the cutout dimensions I need. I will take pictures of my cowl area and highlight the area I need for my Passenger side. For the Drivers side I will use your provided pictures.

I should have an answer before Noon tomorrow.

Rochlow 02-09-2012 11:10 AM

I need a section about 2" above and below the seam that connects the toeboard and the floor board from the kick panel into the hump on both driver and passenger side.

loosecannonzs 02-09-2012 12:57 PM

Ok cancel the Passenger side cowl/firewall area.

Here is a picture of the Driverside. Cut from gutter seam to cowl seam close to windshield.

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c1.../cowlarea2.jpg
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c1...s/cowlarea.jpg