The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   yowza, datsa nice highlander (ebay)... (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=516830)

jocko 03-29-2012 12:11 AM

yowza, datsa nice highlander (ebay)...

pretty darn sweet in my book. says original, looks restored. something tells me the reserve will never be met - but curious how high this will get bid up. REALLY nice truck, and if all original as stated, a piece of history (but I bet it would get bid up higher if the camper shell and hood ornament were 86ed...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Origi...item3a7285f52d

EDIT: Oh yeah, and this shows the correct highlander wheel covers for a change as well (ref the highlander discussion a few days ago - all we could find were brochure renderings of the caps)

70cst 03-29-2012 12:15 AM

Re: yowza, datsa nice highlander (ebay)...

:agree: Nice lookin truck :metal:

sanford66 03-29-2012 01:40 AM

That is one nice truck!! Joseph

Already Gone 03-29-2012 02:27 AM

That is a very nice truck and I guess some folks thing so to as its already at 10000+. I gotta say those Highlander Hubcaps are one of, if not the ugliest wheel covers put on 67-72 trucks.

Sicklajoie 03-29-2012 05:25 AM

This truck was on Ebay last year with a much more colorful description.
The Buy it Now price was set at 49K.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...hlight=smoking
And I must agree about those wheel covers.....................................

Already Gone 03-29-2012 05:33 AM

49K, the seller must have been reading the chapter in the Bible where it says "Ask, and you shall receive"..

special-K 03-29-2012 08:35 AM

That thing is sweet,for sure. It was on Ebay five or so years ago with the exact same pictures and even possibly the same description. The guy calls it a Deluxe. He doesn't know it's a Custom Deluxe? He thinks it's the only '72 C/10 is this pristine condition in the country? We all know that's not true. It's amazing how many there still are in such a well preserved state. I wonder when the tailgate band was added.

yuccales 03-29-2012 09:10 AM

Very nice truck. I wonder what the build sheet looks like.

Already Gone 03-30-2012 12:31 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by yuccales (Post 5281714)
Very nice truck. I wonder what the build sheet looks like.

Here is the Spid or were you wondering about the actual build sheet?

yuccales 03-30-2012 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Already Gone (Post 5283371)
Here is the Spid or were you wondering about the actual build sheet?

Saw the SPID, but thanks! I was thinking with the truck looking that clean and original, the build sheet must be in that cab somewhere.

MrGoodpliers 03-30-2012 05:00 PM

My first '72 was almost exactly like it. Mine didn't have the bumper guards, hood ornament, tool box or sway bar. It did have a tilt and an AM/FM, which I thought was part of the highlander package?? Same colors, all original one owner truck, man I wish I still had it.

jocko 03-30-2012 05:27 PM

I believe the Highlander wheel covers (and I agree with y'all on them...) are actually the same as 70 Monte Carlo - GM just used em to "be different" with the trucks, or was time to deplete the inventory I guess for new Monte wheels in 73. Personally, I think the hubcaps from a 72 look best on these trucks. Shows more wheel. BUt I also like the full wheel covers (i.e. Cheyennes and Cheyenne Supers, not the Highlander wheel covers). Still, a very nice truck. Not $49K nice (WOW, don't rememeber seeing it on ebay before, maybe he was just fishin...) But really nice truck.

Alex 05-07-2012 10:03 AM

How about the master cylinder? Is that original? I thought the originals came with smaller front and larger rear reservoirs?

68350 05-07-2012 11:51 PM

Isn't the tailgate wrong? A custom deluxe shouldn't have the tailgate band correct?

70cst 05-07-2012 11:54 PM

Ended at $22.500. No sale

mrein3 05-08-2012 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jocko (Post 5284425)
I believe the Highlander wheel covers (and I agree with y'all on them...) are actually the same as 70 Monte Carlo - GM just used em to "be different" with the trucks, or was time to deplete the inventory I guess for new Monte wheels in 73. Personally, I think the hubcaps from a 72 look best on these trucks. Shows more wheel. BUt I also like the full wheel covers (i.e. Cheyennes and Cheyenne Supers, not the Highlander wheel covers). Still, a very nice truck. Not $49K nice (WOW, don't rememeber seeing it on ebay before, maybe he was just fishin...) But really nice truck.

For sure they are the same as 1971 Monte Carlo because I owned a '71 and still have a pair of "highlander" caps left over from when I had to put that car down.

kcsa75 05-08-2012 01:34 PM

That thing's been on eBay on and off for years. I wonder what his reserve is? I've seen the bidding as high as $35K.

There was also an ochre truck with an old man topper down South somewhere that was perennially for sale on eBay. Haven't looked lately though.
Posted via Mobile Device