The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Anyone else wanting another truck besides me? (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=553879)

sir_talk_alot 11-28-2012 12:07 AM

Anyone else wanting another truck besides me?

for the last few weeks ive been thinking about getting another truck. if i could afford to buy another...i would. between saving for an engagement ring and making a small stash to put into the 454 ive been super budget building, i have zero extra cash. ive been perusing craigslist looking for trucks but nothing thats come up. ive got a desire for a 3/4 or 1ton, preferably with no motor or trans. even without a bed, just want a truck to clean up and have a good towing rig/work truck. i like the idea of a work truck thats still classic. is it just me or is it a bug that causes c10 guys to want another. i know someone else out there is wanting to ad to the fleet besides me. if that 68 i had and sold as a parts truck had a title ida kept it. the 350 in my swb is gonna come out, and its a good running motor. wish i could find even a partial truck missing hood motor trans, just a good rolling c20 or c30 that i could stick the 350 and a 4speed in it for a couple hundred bucks and make a good drivable project. my truck has gone from a light fixer to a full on waste deep mess. including needing a new wiring harness gauges blah blah list goes on. im selling my dodge ram for cheap cuz its beat up and ugly and i need a commuter car, and i hate working on mopars. so what kinda truck are you wanting to ad to the fleet?

Vintage Windmills 11-28-2012 12:31 AM

Re: Anyone else wanting another truck besides me?

I like browsing for 4x4's and longhorns. The truck I would most like to find someday is a true CST 1970 K20 in restorable or survivor condition.

BMERDOC 11-28-2012 12:32 AM

OOhh! Me! Over here! I'm buying a second project because I want another truck. I want it for several reasons. I NEED to practice panel replacement and welding before I get at my 67. I want my 67 to be nice so I need to mess up on something else first. I wanna do some custom body mods and I was inspired by a picture I saw not too long ago and I want to include those mods on the second truck. I wanna rock a truck when my truck is down so I wont feel so truckless. I hope to have a Rat driver by Spring so I can work with the 67 during warmer, lighter weather. So no, you aren't the only one.
There are multiple guys on here that have small collections but they, unlike us, have larger wallets. The new truck that'll be at the house soon is a basket case '72 I found on CL for $500. It includes the guys entire collection of parts and the truck. I'm hoping to find a semi-complete second truck in there, some parts for the 67 and some parts to sell and finance both the trucks. So spoil yourself and find another one! 'Tis the Season!

Shyguy 11-28-2012 12:57 AM

I am always looking for another one of the these trucks, either a swb 4X4 or a C-30.

We just finished building my '67 swb stepper, of course a build is never done as many of you know.

SS Tim 11-28-2012 01:11 AM

This is a trick question right? These trucks are like potato chips. Have a driver and want a better or rarer one. Have a nice one and want a beater driver. Fix the beater and now its too nice to drive so now you want a bigger one to tow it.......

69moneypit 11-28-2012 01:27 AM

Guilty also , my 71 is getting close to done , got a 71 project in yard , my dads 68 but I'm still constantly looking . Id like to buy a 68 stepper for myself. Do a frame off on my dads 68 and frame off on my 71 project for son .
Posted via Mobile Device

Red Tractors 11-28-2012 01:30 AM

I wanted another one from the moment my '68 CST left until yesterday when we pulled home a '71 Cheyenne.

CMH77 11-28-2012 01:35 AM

I've got my eyes on a '72 Suburban right now as something to cruise with the family in and maybe use as a camping vehicle.

This one: http://springfieldil.craigslist.org/cto/3437357552.html

special-K 11-28-2012 07:27 AM

I've had at least two for over 30 years. It's perfectly normal (Isn't it?:lol)

Oh,and it's not just C10 guys.

Bhelton 11-28-2012 07:58 AM

I've been wanting this, but can't grab it now...maybe one of you guys will pick it up
http://hickory.craigslist.org/cto/3420308350.html
Posted via Mobile Device

mygmctruck 11-28-2012 08:25 AM

I have several trucks I want , one is realy hard to get . A 37 dodge pick up , no box but the rest is there. Some how have to convince SWMBO , I need it.

sir_talk_alot 11-28-2012 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bhelton (Post 5727583)
I've been wanting this, but can't grab it now...maybe one of you guys will pick it up
http://hickory.craigslist.org/cto/3420308350.html
Posted via Mobile Device

That burb looks decent enough. Im not against a burb at all but they are uncommon around here. Ive seen a few heading towards fayetteville
Posted via Mobile Device

sir_talk_alot 11-28-2012 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CMH77 (Post 5727407)
I've got my eyes on a '72 Suburban right now as something to cruise with the family in and maybe use as a camping vehicle.

This one: http://springfieldil.craigslist.org/cto/3437357552.html

Wish deals like this and bheltons find were more common here. Oh well. Ive got this want for a c30 dually with a 4spd, and chrome stacks and led cablights
Posted via Mobile Device

Bhelton 11-28-2012 09:09 AM

This thing has been for sale for about 6 months, when I spoke to him he said the suburban has been in the building for 5 years
Posted via Mobile Device

47thriftmaster 11-28-2012 09:28 AM

I'm always looking at whats for sale, convincing the wife I need a driver while I work on the blazer, and trying to find the truck I've always wanted. One of these days it just may happen, brothers looking at one now for me.

Rochlow 11-28-2012 10:18 AM

only one more.. one of ATV's crewcab conversion. However, there is no way I could afford one right now.

Lee H 11-28-2012 10:38 AM

I'm thinking I want a nice clean stock K20.
Posted via Mobile Device

bollybib 11-28-2012 10:41 AM

I've been looking at 1973-75 short beds for quite a while now. Recently I drifted off to 1979-85 Eldorados, though.

CMH77 11-28-2012 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sir_talk_alot (Post 5727632)
Wish deals like this and bheltons find were more common here. Oh well. Ive got this want for a c30 dually with a 4spd, and chrome stacks and led cablights
Posted via Mobile Device

That one is nothing on the way that got away from me last month. Guy put up a swb '69 stepper, running and driving truck with no visible major body issues except having no bumpers. $500. He put it up at 8:30 p.m. and I didn't see it until 10:30. Made myself wait until 8:45 the next morning to call since it was late and he said he was watching it drive off right then. Should have gambled on him being a night owl and made the call.

I'm thinking I probably can't swing that 'burb right now with money going out the door for my other projects and Christmas around the corner... but I'm going to go look at it today anyway. If I don't get it I hope someone on the boards grabs it.

RenoKeene 11-28-2012 11:05 AM

I have three more to build but check craigs everyday for some reason.

LEX 11-28-2012 11:13 AM

Everytime I look into the patina thread, it makes me want one so I try my best to stay out of it. :lol:

original-71 11-28-2012 11:24 AM

i hate that bug . i too want a 69-72 blazer i have two more years to pay off my dd and i know iam gonna want it even more then, but then the other side of me, is thinking where to keep it, how much time do i actually have to work or drive my 71 now as it is much less getting another toy. ill just put a little more time and money in my 71 instead.

dhaymaker 11-28-2012 11:49 AM

I didn't think of this idea as a bug, so much as "normal" behavior! lol I've been buying and selling cars/trucks/tractors/motorcycles ever since I was a kid. Can't get away from it. Right now I'm in the process of selling several of my toys...but, unfortunately, I'm doing so to put a little more money in the savings account. Been out of work for 6 months as of December 1st. Need to find a new job...then, I'll be able to buy more toys!! :devil::devil::devil:

Billett 11-28-2012 12:05 PM

I just got my truck 6 months ago and I'm already looking into buying a 64 from my cousin. They're pretty addicting... Thank god I have an understanding woman in my life haha

50bomb 11-28-2012 12:20 PM

I want BUT don't need.