The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Vendor Reviews (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=238)
-   -   JEG'S sucks! (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=580671)

fun in dirt 05-17-2013 06:19 PM

JEG'S sucks!

Ordered several items first of the week. One being a trans cooler so it could be installed this weekend. They said ALL would be here Friday, today. Box comes & no cooler. Call & they now say it was drop-shipped today from manufacturer. WTF!!!! They said all was in stock when made the order. I'm through with Jegs!
Posted via Mobile Device

Ron 586 05-17-2013 06:25 PM

Re: JEG'S sucks!

:devil: Temper temper. :exit:

cdowns 05-17-2013 06:37 PM

my local autoparts stores have all sorts of tranny coolers in stock

Indian113 05-17-2013 06:57 PM

I learned a long time ago- Never involve mail order parts stores if your on a schedule!
If you can buy local if your in a hurry

meatwagon83 05-17-2013 07:09 PM

i dont have that problem, i can be there in about an hour!!

Sillyoldman 05-17-2013 08:59 PM

Just curious how it's automatically on Jegs? It sounds like it is a direct shipment from the manufacturer. Who knows if they were at fault or maybe it is on the shipping company? Regardless I understand the frustration but many things can go wrong in our long distance instant gratification world of shopping. Your package could be setting on your neighbors porch.

68jewel 05-18-2013 10:54 AM

I beg to differ and I have to defend Jeg's. Yes, they made a mistake. All companies do. Your local parts store can make a mistake. How many times have any of you bought a part locally, only to get it home and find out it isn't the right part or the youngster at the counter pulled the wrong part? I have been buying from Jeg's a solid ten years now. Parts are reasonbly priced (a big plus in my book), shipping is fast and customer service is great. Yes, the big "C" word...customer service. In my ten or so years, sure shipping may have been a day late a time or two which is not there fault most often times. But, if you order a part a week from needing it, you should have planned ahead better knowing it was mail order and shipping is iffy at times. You should have opted for priority shipping or overnight to guarantee delivery. Just to let guys know Jeg's is the only place I know that will let you return a part, new and unused of course, up to 3 years. Yes guys, 36 months. Your local parts store won't do that and they looked you dead in the eyes when you bought the part. I bought some brakes from Jeg's and didn't even have the original box because I had thrown it away. Suddenly decided to go another route and called Jeg's and explained to them and they said as long as it's new and can be resold, just put it in a box and ship them back. So, I did and there was no restocking fee...no nothing. They gave me full credit and that was after having the brakes for nearly 3 years. If that ain't customer service, I don't know what is. I buy all of my parts from Jeg's. Summit only lets you return parts up to 90 days I think. Booooo!!

arturo7 05-18-2013 11:08 AM

I've had good luck with JEGS. Their customer support is excellent.

I ask a ton of stupid questions and they always answer patiently...

68jewel 05-18-2013 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arturo7 (Post 6077617)
I've had good luck with JEGS. Their customer support is excellent.

I ask a ton of stupid questions and they always answer patiently...

Exactly....that's my point. :metal::metal:

TexasK5 05-18-2013 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 68jewel (Post 6077606)
Summit only lets you return parts up to 90 days I think. Booooo!!

I agree that Jeg's is great, and have bought and will continue to buy from them. I have also been buying from Summit for about 20 years, and read this and had to say something. I had a flywheel from Summit for over a year before I determined that it wouldn't fit with my clutch. They took it back with no problem for full credit toward a OEM style flywheel and no restocking fee.

68jewel 05-18-2013 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TexasK5 (Post 6077950)
I agree that Jeg's is great, and have bought and will continue to buy from them. I have also been buying from Summit for about 20 years, and read this and had to say something. I had a flywheel from Summit for over a year before I determined that it wouldn't fit with my clutch. They took it back with no problem for full credit toward a OEM style flywheel and no restocking fee.

Those suckers told me 90 days. I had a rack-and-pinion that I had for about a year and they told me "NO"! Matter of fact I still have it and can't use it. LOL! But still, all in all, Summit isn't bad either. But 99% of my stuff comes from Jeg's.

19Chevy67C10 05-18-2013 11:00 PM

I through with them also, I bought some stuff from them off ebay and it came in 2 weeks later and missing parts, I contacted them and said I needed all the bolting hardware that was supposed to be included and that took another 8 days to reach me. After leaving neutral feedback on ebay about this issue I'm now banned from buying from them on ebay!. What a company they really do suck!. Oh and summit even sent me free drag racing tickets to the local dragway close to my house, so Summit it is!

72bowtiestepper 09-18-2013 09:27 AM

Never had a prob. with Jegs....also their shipping seems cheaper than some of the other places.

turp mcspray 09-20-2013 10:04 AM

If that's the worst thing that happens in the course of your project, you're in damn good shape!

Jake Wade 09-20-2013 04:55 PM

Been buying from Jegs for years, Never had a problem.

468BIGBLOCK 12-16-2013 06:20 PM

I have been buying from them since 1984. never a problem.

68jewel 12-16-2013 06:33 PM

Matter of fact, I'm getting ready to make a major purchase from Jegs after I recoup from the holidays....my RHS block around February. Yippie!!!!!!! :metal::metal:

Joe Cool 01-12-2014 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fun in dirt (Post 6076694)
Ordered several items first of the week. One being a trans cooler so it could be installed this weekend. They said ALL would be here Friday, today. Box comes & no cooler. Call & they now say it was drop-shipped today from manufacturer. WTF!!!! They said all was in stock when made the order. I'm through with Jegs!
Posted via Mobile Device

Guess what?

they dont care if you ever buy from them again........I know them all

the entire family, and they really dont care......they got more money than ft knox
:waah:

68jewel 01-12-2014 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe Cool (Post 6467414)
Guess what?

they dont care if you ever buy from them again........I know them all

the entire family, and they really dont care......they got more money than ft knox
:waah:

They can have some of my money anytime. I love Jeg's!

Artikgrau325is 01-13-2014 11:38 PM

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience with Jegs. I recently purchased a sbc 350 from them from their ebay store. It was a ridiculously awesome price ($1207 shipped). They crated the motor extremely well, called ahead to schedule a delivery, and it even had engine lift brackets installed.

Before that I purchased many Edelbrock goodies to get my other truck running, they were always shipped quickly, and always included a catalog too no matter how small the order was.

I admit I like the layout of Summit more, but the pricing and shipping on Jegs is hard to beat.

Joe Cool 01-14-2014 12:42 AM

Stay thirsty my Friend !

studda 01-21-2014 04:48 AM

I've never dealt with Jegs, mainly because Summit had a better online parts look up system. Never, ever had a problem with Summit though. I've spent thousands with them too. I cannot comment on Jegs's customer service as I've never used them. They may be awesome, I just never gave them the opportunity.

Joe Cool 01-21-2014 08:45 AM

here is a big tip to you guys

Summit and Jegs are both overpriced by 30% on many items.......you would be surprised....dont believe that free shipping crap.

Check prices always for example on Amazon etc. Jegs And Summit use lost leaders and bait and switch all the time...........

I bough some guages for my boat this year and saved 50 bucks from other vendors...thats alot.........same brand and same guage

Spread the word

72bowtiestepper 01-21-2014 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe Cool (Post 6482864)
here is a big tip to you guys

Summit and Jegs are both overpriced by 30% on many items.......you would be surprised....dont believe that free shipping crap.

Check prices always for example on Amazon etc. Jegs And Summit use lost leaders and bait and switch all the time...........

I bough some guages for my boat this year and saved 50 bucks from other vendors...thats alot.........same brand and same guage

Spread the word

Amazon X2.....you would be surprised how many car & truck parts they carry now.....with them, shipping really is "Free" & fast too !

fun in dirt 01-21-2014 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 72bowtiestepper (Post 6482871)
Amazon X2.....you would be surprised how many car & truck parts they carry now.....with them, shipping really is "Free" & fast too !

Yeah, bought some DynaMat last year & it's WAY cheaper through Amazon.