The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   6-terminal wiper motor?? (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=596276)

ciscorusty 09-10-2013 11:43 PM

6-terminal wiper motor??

4 Attachment(s)
Hi All - Newbie here, just got my 66 C20 delivered today, after finishing touches by my good buddy's shop in North Carolina. I think it turned out well. Hope the pics shows up OK.

Here's my dilemma:

Shop tells me that the C20 is wired for a 6-terminal wiper motor, which is missing. After searching the interweb, can't really find much on 6-terminal wiper motors. Found one that's designed for some older non-chevy makes, but not sure if it will fit. Questions:

1. Any ideas where I might find a 6-terminal wiper motor?

2. Any better ideas for retro-fitting to a more common (4-terminal) motor?

thanks for any suggestions,

rusty

Captainfab 09-11-2013 01:20 AM

Re: 6-terminal wiper motor??

Welcome to the forum :D

Nice looking truck.

I would say that the 6 wire terminals would be the typical terminals for the 2 speed wiper motor plus the wires for the washer pump. All you should need is the typical 2 speed wiper motor with the washer. What you have is nothing odd, rare or unusual.

Clyde65 09-11-2013 08:27 AM

Welcome! and I agree nice truck. after I read your post, I ran outside to look at my truck, Captn is right on the money.

Where in Texas are you neighbor?

1963c-10 09-11-2013 08:38 AM

Welcome and great looking truck.

ciscorusty 09-11-2013 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captainfab (Post 6263642)
Welcome to the forum :D

Nice looking truck.

I would say that the 6 wire terminals would be the typical terminals for the 2 speed wiper motor plus the wires for the washer pump. All you should need is the typical 2 speed wiper motor with the washer. What you have is nothing odd, rare or unusual.

Great, some progress, appreciate the quick reply. Can't get the darn thing registered without an inspection first!

Apologies in advance for the rookie question here:

So should I be able to find something online, like a 4-terminal 2 speed motor, or look for something different? Found this on a remanufactured parts shop, as the choices for my truck (Cardone.com):
  • 1-speed (no terminal count listed)
  • 2-speed, 3 terminal
  • 2-speed, 4 terminal

ciscorusty 09-11-2013 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clyde65 (Post 6263814)
Welcome! and I agree nice truck. after I read your post, I ran outside to look at my truck, Captn is right on the money.

Where in Texas are you neighbor?

Thanks, like your ride as well! I'm in East Dallas.

T Smith 09-11-2013 09:19 AM

Really fine looking 3/4 you got there!

T2vigil 09-11-2013 07:37 PM

That is a great looking truck. My truck has a single speed wiper. And I will be doing the 6 terminal wiper motor upgrade. My problem is I can't find a wiring diagram for the upgrade. Any help would be appreciated.

Captainfab 09-11-2013 11:23 PM

I would say that you need the wiper motor with 4 terminals. You will also need the washer pump, which will have the other 2 terminals.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ciscorusty (Post 6263825)
Great, some progress, appreciate the quick reply. Can't get the darn thing registered without an inspection first!

Apologies in advance for the rookie question here:

So should I be able to find something online, like a 4-terminal 2 speed motor, or look for something different? Found this on a remanufactured parts shop, as the choices for my truck (Cardone.com):
  • 1-speed (no terminal count listed)
  • 2-speed, 3 terminal
  • 2-speed, 4 terminal

I will see what I can do about a pic or two showing what you need to do for the upgrade

Quote:

Originally Posted by T2vigil (Post 6264696)
That is a great looking truck. My truck has a single speed wiper. And I will be doing the 6 terminal wiper motor upgrade. My problem is I can't find a wiring diagram for the upgrade. Any help would be appreciated.

Here is another current thread you guys might find useful:

http://www.67-72chevytrucks.com/vboa...d.php?t=489265

63burban 09-12-2013 10:09 AM

Might have a 2 speed motor in a parts truck. PM me

Captainfab 09-22-2013 01:43 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Sorry for the delay in getting these pics for you. To do the 2 speed with washer upgrade, you will also need this additional wire harness.

http://www.classicparts.com/1963-65-...ctinfo/52-875/

Quote:

Originally Posted by T2vigil (Post 6264696)

T2vigil 10-06-2013 01:05 PM

Another question. I have a five terminal wiper motor. What do I do with the jumper that is shown going from the lower right connector as shown to the upper right. It is the upper right terminal that is not on my motor. If anyone has a quick answer that would be good since I'm in the shop installing it now.
Terry