The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   anybody looking for a rust free original paint k5? (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=618430)

72k5zl1 02-27-2014 01:32 PM

anybody looking for a rust free original paint k5?

may sell off a couple rigs in my collection. i think i may throw it on ebay this week. i will put some pictures up here later. dont know where to post it. its runs and drives but the nos/restored interior is still in boxes. i will check back after work tonight. its blue with a/c. has a ton of hickey stuff that ships loose with it. this post is a feeler i guess?

Bluechevy68 02-27-2014 03:46 PM

Re: anybody looking for a rust free original paint k5?

I think everybody is interested in something like this. But too bad price is an object. Photos would help but I think you need to post in the for sale section.

tristan 02-27-2014 07:41 PM

You'd probably get more money selling the Hickey stuff off separately on here (hint). Call it target marketing.

72k5zl1 02-27-2014 08:32 PM

5 Attachment(s)
its in storage, hard to dig out. heres a couple shots of the outside. i want to build a prerunner and this thing it way to nice to cut up. it has a set of 5-6" deaver springs in it now and i have a pile of hickey stuff for it. i think i will put stock springs in it and look for a ok 70. i will post up a few more pics.

72k5zl1 02-27-2014 08:49 PM

5 Attachment(s)
truck world seat covers in nos style material, nice! rear side panels from same piece of material not here yet but paid for. wheels are stock 16"x5.5 centers cur out and welded into new 16"x8" hoops by stockton wheel. 5 and 5 perfect 10" dog dish covers.

72k5zl1 02-27-2014 08:54 PM

5 Attachment(s)
interior is all restored, woodgrain is all nos material off same roll. every rubber percision sell for a blazer is in the box too.

72k5zl1 02-27-2014 09:08 PM

5 Attachment(s)
like i said above its not "for sale" im looking for some direction. talk me out of cutting this thing up i guess. heres some more of the interior stuff and the spid. the stock vents have also been restored. i have a perbect black 72 wheel and tilt, tach/vac dash and an am/fm for it too.

mx289 02-27-2014 09:19 PM

Wow.Very nice truck and parts.

Tom

72k5zl1 02-27-2014 09:28 PM

5 Attachment(s)
oh yeah, the hickey stuff. nos 12 bolt cover. tire/can carrier with all the brackets, fuel tank, one saddle tank, roof rack and f/r axle trusses and a set of gm front tow hooks. it has a leak or two and oil presuer gauge thats in it doesnt work but it runs good. 62000mi one owner. has the oregon plate on it from 72 i was told when i bought it. i've got too many projects torn apart now and cant make my mind up on this one.

1rippen6 02-27-2014 10:18 PM

subscribe

Dirt's72 02-27-2014 11:39 PM

You are right that it would be wrong to cut that thing up. Doesn't Toyota make them prerunners? Definately not my color but have a friend serious about buying a blazer that same color. I dont think he knows what hickey is. Very nice Chevy!

DeadheadNM 02-28-2014 12:04 AM

Fantastic truck and good job collecting those hard to find parts. Way too nice K5 to convert to a 2wd IMO. I'd love to rebuild and drive that rig. I know this not a for sale thread but what do you think you would need for the package? There's a 2wd 72 listed locally here on CL...

tristan 02-28-2014 06:27 AM

<covetous drool> That's quite a Hickey collection - I think I just violated the 10th Commandment.

72k5zl1 02-28-2014 08:00 AM

heres a shot of it the day i had it trucked in. i had 14,300 in it that day if that puts things into perspective. have had alott of them and this is the cleanest one so far. have learned either pay the body man and wait for it to come back or spend the same money up front and not worry. did not want to go 2wd. but more od a norra race truck. i'm on a team that races the score series in mexico. vintage chace/race truck

72k5zl1 02-28-2014 08:39 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This is better I hope

Tom Vogel 02-28-2014 11:24 AM

Cutting it UP??

Bluechevy68 02-28-2014 12:06 PM

This is exactly what I want to haul my boys and wife around in. Too bad you are not gonna give it away. ;)

72k5zl1 03-05-2014 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBrendal (Post 6553809)
So is this for sale then? Im sorry Im a little confused at this post. Everyone here is going to tell you not to cut it up and drool over the parts you have. Someone here would definatly want to buy the package and restore it (me) so Im not sure what kind of feeler you are looking for. I saw you posted a price and put your phone number thats why Im asking if you are selling it. Please forgive me if Im reading something wrong.

Sorry if i have done something wrong. i threw it up here because not sure what im doing at this point with this one. i have an couple older friends in the truck community that want to see it restored stock because it is all original and clean. as for the "cut up" i mean an 400ci ls2 with 8/400 fender badges, 4l80e, 205,custom 12 bolt, 4.10 posi, welded in firewall and vintage air swap, full cage tied into the windshield frame, air bumps and big shock mounts, 16" bfg baja ta's, hickey add ons and so on. i think i would like to find a less clean rig to do it to. if anybody had interest in, or have been looking for one like this to build stock, this would be a great foundation. everything is there. thats why i left my number. sometimes its nice to talk to people with common interests. i want to hang on to the hickey stuff for now in case i find a 70 donor for it or use this one. wasn't trying to confuse anybody. i'm not actively trying to sell it, this project is a ways down the road. but if someone wanted it i would let it go. if there i a better spot on the forum for this let me know. thanks, glen

BBrendal 03-05-2014 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 72k5zl1 (Post 6559566)
Sorry if i have done something wrong. i threw it up here because not sure what im doing at this point with this one. i have an couple older friends in the truck community that want to see it restored stock because it is all original and clean. as for the "cut up" i mean an 400ci ls2 with 8/400 fender badges, 4l80e, 205,custom 12 bolt, 4.10 posi, welded in firewall and vintage air swap, full cage tied into the windshield frame, air bumps and big shock mounts, 16" bfg baja ta's, hickey add ons and so on. i think i would like to find a less clean rig to do it to. if anybody had interest in, or have been looking for one like this to build stock, this would be a great foundation. everything is there. thats why i left my number. sometimes its nice to talk to people with common interests. i want to hang on to the hickey stuff for now in case i find a 70 donor for it or use this one. wasn't trying to confuse anybody. i'm not actively trying to sell it, this project is a ways down the road. but if someone wanted it i would let it go. if there i a better spot on the forum for this let me know. thanks, glen

Glen

The only thing you did that was wrong (which is not always wrong) is let people drool over this fine rig and parts you have. I was just asking if it was for sale because your post was not quite clear. Youve been on the forum a while and Im sure you know the value and rarity to find a clean rig as well as knowing the other members on here that would love to do a project like this. The board does have a trucks for sale section here maybe try there. Good luck on whatever you decide for this fine rig. I think by you having second thoughts not to modify an original shows your love for the hobby.

Good luck!
Brian

bigeasycigars 03-05-2014 07:19 PM

subscribed.

1tuff71 03-06-2014 09:05 AM

Yea that K5 looks to be the HOLY GRAIL of cream puffs. It should be restored to STOCK and that's it. Much better to find a fixer-upper to do what you have in mind. Love 12" of lift, 10 shocks, 572 in. motor, 1ton axles.................... oh yea

72k5zl1 03-08-2014 06:25 PM

3 Attachment(s)
had a few minutes today and found two mix match 315/75/16 tires. mounted up and bolted to one side. springs are 5" deavers. tires measure 33.5" with weight of truck. wheels are raw steel blasted.

boonedogs72 03-12-2014 06:02 PM

looks great!

Tomahawk30 03-15-2014 11:16 AM

That Blazer would be a dream find! Subscribed in case you decide to sell. Probably out of my price range, but it doesn't hurt to drool!

1tuff71 01-24-2015 04:56 PM

What did you do with the axle truss's ??