The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   You Know You're a Hardcore Chevy/GMC Truck Fanatic When: (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=649712)

jsprengeler 11-14-2014 04:06 PM

You Know You're a Hardcore Chevy/GMC Truck Fanatic When:

This should be an interesting thread! jump in!

You know you're a hardcore Chevy/GMC truck fanatic when:

-your truck has a name
-you use pics of your truck as backgrounds on your work pc
-you sit in your truck while it's in winter storage and go "vroom...vroom!"
-you pat it on the fender everytime you walk by it
-when you get up during the night to pee, you look out the bathroom window just to make sure your truck's ok

Your turn!!;)

alsriv2 11-14-2014 04:54 PM

Re: You Know You're a Hardcore Chevy/GMC Truck Fanatic When:

You get tranfered to the west coast from the mid-atlantic and the first thing that goes with you when you leave is your non-driveable '69 C-10 on a Uhaul trailer attached to your other truck and you leave your household goods for a later date.

EdSevered 11-14-2014 05:11 PM

- When you're outside on the porch having a cigarette and you walk around to the front of the garage just to look at your truck.

- You drive onto your lawn backing out of your driveway, because you were looking at your truck trying to decide whether you like the mirrors.

- You take the time to walk over to your truck just to pick the leaves off of it.

BTW - My truck is the background on both my work computers, but I didn't give it a name because when I asked my wife to name it she said: "that's just stupid" :lol:

I know this going to be a funny thread!

-Ed

72BigBlockBurb 11-14-2014 05:52 PM

-When you are crazy enough to fly out to Washington state to buy a 1967 shop truck and drive it 2000+ miles back to Houston by yourself and over a weekend!

-When you willingly "repo" one of your old trucks that is wrecked and declare that you are restoring it solely out of spite for the way it was treated by the past owner.

-When you are excited to learn that your wife-to-be (this was 20 years ago) learned to drive in a 1950 Chevrolet pickup with a three-on-the-tree.

TrkEnvy 11-14-2014 06:06 PM

When you are willing to see chick flicks in exchange for her spot in the garage so you can do your frame off resto. Lol.

Hubscrub 11-14-2014 07:22 PM

When you have wallet size pictures made of them to keep in your wallet < me

matthew.mcmullin 11-14-2014 07:33 PM

When you have to hold back the tears because you sold your old Chevy...

I just had to wipe them off the keyboard.

Steve Cole 11-14-2014 07:35 PM

THESE POSTS ARE AWESOME!!! I laughed til I cried at some of these! My favorites so far is- transferred to West coast, repo an ex truck, and wallet sized photos! I though I was hard core but you guys rock! :metal:

low&slow 11-14-2014 07:55 PM

When I talk about "driving her around", I get asked if I'm driving the fiance around or the truck.

When you fall asleep in it after a late night of drinking with a space heater ran through the firewall.

When you're not sure if you want to keep it original in despite of your first truck you sold and later regretted.

When you wake up scared because you keep having dreams of someone else working on your truck.

When you start talking to your truck.

When you ask your truck if it would like a new name.

SOON2BLAZE 11-14-2014 08:22 PM

Your 2 new vehicles sit outside year round to allow your project to have the garage.

Augi 11-14-2014 09:27 PM

When you drive it to work on a milk crate because your seat is at the upholstery shop and your work parking lot is gated and you're scared it'll get stolen if you leave it at home.

When you can justify spending double the price on a part you don't really need for it, but you can't understand why your wife bought, at half price, a new pair of shoes that she didn't need.

When you obsess about a new microscopic scratch you noticed from 100 yards away and nobody can see up close... with a magnifying glass

hotrodder 11-14-2014 09:45 PM

When your phone ring tone is " Somethin bout a truck"

Already Gone 11-14-2014 11:45 PM

When you drive 900 miles one day,,get 6 hours sleep and drive another 900 miles back home because you want your new truck home and in the garage before it rains or snows. Also when you are on this site 15 times a day checking the parts board ( and you dont really need anything ) just to see what new items have ben posted in the last 40 minutes.

Ronzo 11-14-2014 11:55 PM

When you have a security camera in the garage, and you can watch it in the house on its own monitor. My wife likes to point out that her 4 year old car sits in the snow while the 38 year old truck sits in the garage. Chicks... wait till she sees the 54 year old hit the driveway tomorrow.

yuccales 11-15-2014 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EdSevered (Post 6918161)
- You take the time to walk over to your truck just to pick the leaves off of it.-Ed

This is me big time!:lol:

57taskforce 11-15-2014 12:32 AM

When you move to a new house an hour away from where you were living, and your non running, in pieces, 72 cheyenne is the VERY first thing to magically show up in the driveway, before everything else is even packed... Got some lashings from the wife for that one...funny thing is the second thing to show up was the '57....more lashings:josh:

no1udknow 11-15-2014 01:48 AM

You push start a manual tranny Ford with your 2001 GMC, while towing a car hauler with a 68 c10 on it......just to make him feel bad about driving a Ford :-)

67chevy1series 11-15-2014 02:08 AM

When you celebrate your trucks "birthday" by washing it or buying parts for it

72shorbox 11-15-2014 02:38 AM

You buy parts from the wrecking yard, go home and install them on a truck that isn't any nicer than the one you're removing them from.

70LonghornCST 11-15-2014 03:20 AM

...when your wife gets jelous over the truck cutting in to her 'me' time.

In The Ten Ring 11-15-2014 04:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 72shorbox (Post 6918697)
You buy parts from the wrecking yard, go home and install them on a truck that isn't any nicer than the one you're removing them from.

I laughed out loud because that's exactly me! :lol:

18436572GMC 11-15-2014 06:39 AM

When you change spark plugs on your work break
When you drive 16 hours for a new frame
If you have ever gone to a junkyard not needing anything just so you can buy all the good pre 72 truck parts so they don't get crushed

hamjet 11-15-2014 07:31 AM

When you back in to a parking space opposite the stores door so you can get one last look at her before you enter the store....I'm sick. When you look at your truck and see a perfect "10" body and every one else sees a rusted, dented pile of scrap iron that should have been crushed decades ago...

Hubscrub 11-15-2014 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hamjet (Post 6918756)
When you back in to a parking space opposate the stores door so you can get one last look at her before you enter the store....I'm sick. When you look at your truck and see a perfect "10" body and every one else sees a rusted, dented pile of scrap iron that should have been crushed decades ago...

yea, when i go to eat etc. i sit at a window that i can see my truck from (if all possible) ;)

RANDY COX 11-15-2014 08:24 AM

When you travel 4hrs one way to pick up a 70 Burb 4x4 and have a blowout on trailer and then later run out of gas all by yourself.. Also when you sell one and watch is go down the road till you can't see it anymore....