The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Misfits garage 69 short bed build (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=664800)

wreckedchevy 03-25-2015 10:09 AM

Misfits garage 69 short bed build

for those that missed it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lg2eX1L-bZw

definitely need to watch the last 10 minutes! my soul died a little....
those that seen it know what I'm talking about.

FlameOut 03-25-2015 10:17 AM

Re: Misfits garage 69 short bed build

I watched, and when that happened, I actually yelled out 'holy $hit' and I was watching alone. I don't usually talk to myself. They were very lucky no one was hurt

Harpie 03-25-2015 10:21 AM

Looked setup to me.... Why else would they have a camera mounted looking at the stuff on the trailer. Still made me sick to watch ugh.

FlameOut 03-25-2015 11:26 AM

I doubt it was set up, although some of the things they do certainly are scripted. These shows have GoPros mounted everywhere

alsriv2 03-25-2015 11:52 AM

Holy crabby patty....that sucks. I sure hope that wasn't scripted for the shock value. Sucks to see a good cab like that trashed. But I am sure with the right person, that cab can be made good again.

gottattooz 03-25-2015 05:39 PM

There's 8 straps holding the bed on the trailer, and one strap pulling the cab backwards. Setup, all day long.

-Josh

NTIMID8R 03-25-2015 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gottattooz (Post 7105911)
There's 8 straps holding the bed on the trailer, and one strap pulling the cab backwards. Setup, all day long.

-Josh

That's what I thought too. Did anyone notice the placement of the 1 cab strap? It was placed at the rear of the door opening towards back of cab! It don't take a rocket scientist to figure out was going to happen:lol:

EARNHARDT#3 03-25-2015 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NTIMID8R (Post 7105924)
That's what I thought too. Did anyone notice the placement of the 1 cab strap? It was placed at the rear of the door opening towards back of cab! It don't take a rocket scientist to figure out was going to happen:lol:

True, but those guys are a bunch of morons. I can't stand that show! That being said I do enjoy watching Fast N Loud even though Richard is annoying with his "woooo" all the time LOL

Cash3481 03-25-2015 06:19 PM

If it was setup it's sad.
I noticed they didn't wrap the clips either and honestly...who uses a 1" strap to secure a freshly painted $7000 bed and cab. I use a wider strap on the stuff I take to scrap! It makes me mad to see that no matter if they are morons or just not thinking.
If it was my shop, someone's getting fired. That kind of complacency is unacceptable. They complain about bottom lines and trying to make money, I don't buy it!
Can we have a moment of silence for the cab please?

mooseknuckles 03-25-2015 06:55 PM

all these shows are totally scripted....c'mon there's like a dozen straps on the bed and one on the cab...? really? also I can't stand Jordan and Tom.....

Youey 03-25-2015 07:06 PM

I couldn't believe it fell off the trailer like that, if anyone noticed there was police at the end of the scene when they got it back on the trailer. Hard to say if that was scripted or not on a busy highway someone could of got really hurt.

First c10 03-25-2015 07:19 PM

I have lost respect for Gas Monkey and Richard Rollins.....its like OCC all over again. Its all about the dollar!!!

franken 03-25-2015 07:34 PM

I didn't see any straps on the cab when it was sliding off. Who sets a cab directly on the trailer so the new paint gets ground off before it gets home? Oh, and they said a selling price for the truck when done of around $40k. When was the last time anyone saw a 67-72 sell for $30k? $20k?
In a past F&L episode they somehow warped time and made the Decatur swap meet (Feb) and Pate (end of April) 2 weeks apart.
Fake budgets, fake drama, fake timelines, fake prices, and so on. Watch most any reality show and the scripts are the same.

NTIMID8R 03-25-2015 07:36 PM

The name fits 'em:lol:

goldenburb 03-25-2015 08:02 PM

straps or no straps that here was funny, all day long..lol

EARNHARDT#3 03-25-2015 08:06 PM

Did anyone see the MINT '72 Blazer they ruined on counting cars? Wasn't the shops fault they did what the customer wanted. But it almost made me cry.

JJR 03-25-2015 09:14 PM

I was thinking staged when I saw it. I was more in shock of the $7,500 they paid for it in the first place. Knowing they were going to redo all the work the owner did, it seems like, in Texas, you could find a cheaper, relatively rust free, roller to start with.

mooseknuckles 03-25-2015 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by First c10 (Post 7106024)
I have lost respect for Gas Monkey and Richard Rollins.....its like OCC all over again. Its all about the dollar!!!

yeah...the guy was a hardcore ford man, now he's drivin a dodge and doin commercials...

First c10 03-25-2015 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mooseknuckles (Post 7106286)
yeah...the guy was a hardcore ford man, now he's drivin a dodge and doin commercials...

Can you,say SELL OUT............SELL OUT!!!!

cigar- 03-25-2015 11:42 PM

I'm no professional. But I've hauled quite a few things....cars, equipment, parts, etc. I tie stuff down so it becomes part of the truck or trailer. I've never lost a thing. Every time I haul I go a block and check the tie downs. They get checked again after a mile or two. They get re-checked at every stop I make.

This surely seems to be a staged event. That my personal opinion. Reality programs all have a list of "associate Producers and writers" in the credits. If it's reality, what needs writing? How many producers are needed to film a car build?

I personally know the shop owner in Simi Valley that was filmed for a couple of seasons. I know who started the shop and who bought it. After watching a few episodes (it's no longer on tv) it didn't take long for to ask a short list of questions. Why does he now have "new partners"? Why does he have a "little person" on staff? I've been by the shop and now things are all back to normal.

In closing, any time cars or parts get ruined I cringe. But not to worry for the Misfits as the tv show sits quietly on the sideline with a bag of cash. If I can find another cab, they can find another cab. And.....if they hadn't spent so much on the initial project, another cab would be no problem.

swamp rat 03-25-2015 11:47 PM

Staged or not who cares, finding a good rust free cab is hard enough without seeing one get trashed on a TV show. I agree the guys on that show are idiots, the way the bed was bouncing around and the straps were loose..... i must have stopped 4 -5 times when i was hauling my beds to check and tighten the straps.

specialtyretail 03-25-2015 11:57 PM

Reality shows are about as real as professional wrestling or politics.

leftybass209 03-26-2015 01:07 AM

Obviously scripted. They used 2 straps to send it over.... and one poorly placed strap to bring it back. Their voice inflection when they lost the cab was of no surprise, and the one idiot was smiling and didn't seem to mind that it happened. To make matters worse, the car trailing them is some type of police vehicle, that also pulled in behind them when they haphazardly rolled the cab back on the truck. The same thing happened with the tree or tree limb that just happened to fall on a truck they were working on, when they parked in in a place they never park any vehicle.

Chevypoor 03-26-2015 06:50 AM

Either they are pretty stupid or that was staged- maybe it is both! I also wonder about the prices they pay for some of these vehicles. I would have never paid what they paid for it and $40k- even if they get it- did they really? The tragedy was the toasted cab- I would love to have a cab that nice. Mine has cancer in the worst spot- the cowl. Thank you leaves- they laid in the cowl and rotted her out. I would almost be willing to drive to Texas to get the cab, cut the rough off and use my roof for a cowl that nice!

special-K 03-26-2015 07:20 AM

I hope it was staged and the cab used was a mocked up piece of crap. If not staged, those idiots have no business owning a hitch ball. The rocker hems just set on the trailer? Bad for finish for sure, but how did they carry it and set it down without crushing their fingers? that bed set up high with casters rolling around was enough to make me nervous. I've never watched the show. Now I know I never will. if it's supposed to be funny it's not my kind of humor, just plain stupid and I see plenty of that everyday without turning on my TV