The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   whats your crazy number ? (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=670896)

hotsy 05-16-2015 10:45 PM

whats your crazy number ?

while watching Pickers , the tv show , when they try to buy a vehicle ,etc and the seller doesn't want to sell it ,they say ( what your crazy number) the price you would sell it for when you really don't want to sell it ... do you have that crazy number for your truck ? just curious , I have one of those for mine ,I don't want to sell mine but I do have a crazy number that would take it , I guess its our way of telling people its not for sale .....my crazy number is $12,000 ,whats yours ?

flashed 05-16-2015 11:05 PM

Re: whats your crazy number ?

I wont even put a crazy number on mine as some idiot just might take it and I will not part with it .

54belair 05-17-2015 10:50 AM

Once you say that number out loud it becomes a real consideration---and a bargaining point for some slicker (tv show or not, lol).

I have a number in mind but will never voice it, Im building my truck to give to my grandson (someday), I already have way too much in it and its not done yet. If I voice the number then I have to deal with the reality of being over spent on the project.

It is an interesting thought though-----what Would I do if an absolute idiot (with lots of money) approached me and wanted my truck??

cooperhw 05-17-2015 08:34 PM

I would say my number would be close to yours for Homer, but don't want to sell him at least until I finish him up and drive him for a few years.
I have come to the conclusion that "we are only caretakers of these old cars/trucks". We were not born with em, most didn't buy them new, might still own em when we pass, but then someone else will decide when to sell and for how much.

gdavis 05-18-2015 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hotsy (Post 7175015)
while watching Pickers , the tv show , when they try to buy a vehicle ,etc and the seller doesn't want to sell it ,they say ( what your crazy number) the price you would sell it for when you really don't want to sell it ... do you have that crazy number for your truck ? just curious , I have one of those for mine ,I don't want to sell mine but I do have a crazy number that would take it , I guess its our way of telling people its not for sale .....my crazy number is $12,000 ,whats yours ?

I wouldn't sell mine for 12,000.00. More like 20,000.00 I have 17,000.00 into the truck and 10,000 hours. Like you it really isn't for sell.