The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Hidden Stash of take off and NOS parts (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=687769)

Grumpy old man 11-07-2015 08:01 AM

Hidden Stash of take off and NOS parts

A Local body shop closed after many years and the owner has a 1972 he bought in late 71 Beautiful truck , I heard he had an extra short bed frame with discs and a posi so I tracked him down and he only lives 2 miles away .Well I bought the frame in fantastic condition for $250.00 ! While I was talking to him he asked if I was interested in any other parts he acquired over the years He's 73 and it's time to lighten the load well he walked me over to an old farm house on his property and it's jam slammed packed full of 67-72 NOS and take off /nice used parts . Fenders/ core supports /grilles/A/C /sway bars/radiators/ etc etc etc He told me he would get with his wife and price it all this coming week and I'm hopeful his prices are as good as the frame was ,I offered to buy all of it as a package deal ,Got my fingers crossed on this deal !:chevy: Just when I start selling off some of my stash another boatload of potential good deals falls in front of me . I need a bigger storage building !

flashed 11-07-2015 08:08 AM

Re: Hidden Stash of take off and NOS parts

Good luck ,I hope you get it all.

Grumpy old man 11-07-2015 08:16 AM

He even had a complete 57 Chevy continental kit sitting there ,glass /vent windows . I only had about 5 minutes to try to soak it all in and I/m going back Monday to pick up the frame ...2 miles is the closest I've ever driven to pick up ANY PARTS :lol: Seems he's been a fan of these old trucks since they were really used as trucks

special-K 11-07-2015 08:23 AM

That's what we live for. I should have such luck! Good luck with your dealings

midniteblues 11-07-2015 08:25 AM

Hope you get that stuff grump he could be sitting on a gold mine.
So now you got another frame.did the other frame sell yet?
I kinda did the same thing this past summer I unloaded a lot of parts since I'm nearing the end of my 67 build an figured the extra parts are just $$ sitting around. Then two weeks after selling off the final stash I found out about these two trucks for sale....I could kick myself for cleaning out now.

Grumpy old man 11-07-2015 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by midniteblues (Post 7367650)
Hope you get that stuff grump he could be sitting on a gold mine.
So now you got another frame.did the other frame sell yet?
I kinda did the same thing this past summer I unloaded a lot of parts since I'm nearing the end of my 67 build an figured the extra parts are just $$ sitting around. Then two weeks after selling off the final stash I found out about these two trucks for sale....I could kick myself for cleaning out now.

I just sold the other short bed to a forum member and the frame /posi/292 to a friend .it's not even gone yet and here I am chasing another boatload . My girl says I may need an INTERVENTION ! I already have 3 serious projects working, the UPS man Fed Ex and Manestruckparts are already on my Christmas mailing list . HAHA :chevy:

midniteblues 11-07-2015 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grumpy old man (Post 7367657)
I just sold the other short bed to a forum member and the frame /posi/292 to a friend .it's not even gone yet and here I am chasing another boatload . My girl says I may need an INTERVENTION ! I already have 3 serious projects working :chevy:

Cool they sold that helps. I still have a frame laying around that I have no plans for.
Parts /trucks will come an go I guess.
I told the wife no more projects till the 67 is done...sorry honey ...But You Gotta grAb stuff when it become avaliable
I'm thinking a sit down is coming though.lol

Joesjunk 11-07-2015 09:48 AM

Nice find, can't wait to see what you get. Good luck :)

68panelman 11-07-2015 09:50 AM

Every man's dream, good luck!!!

derotoreut 11-07-2015 10:09 AM

Good luck Grump. That's awesome. And only 2-miles away. Keep us all posted. I know a guy who lives around the same distance from me, and he dabbles in the old trucks too. Maybe I should pay him a visit. Looks like you never know what will happen. By the way… the INTERVENTION thing? It's in our blood. :metal:

cooperhw 11-07-2015 10:38 AM

Very cool. My buddy says "it never hurts to get lucky once in a while, as long as you're busting your a** when it happens".
Big score.:metal:

Grumpy old man 11-07-2015 10:48 AM

I don't own them yet ,But you can bet I'll be the first guy in line at the bank Monday morning to get a pocket full of cash .You know having that green stuff in your hand can make the deals happen . It's almost like an addiction here I am trying to sell off some stuff myself and I run across more and my heart starts beating faster and I'm sure the blood pressure climbs and I just GOTTA BUY IT ! I kept looking telling myself OHH I need that and those are cool and I know John's been looking for that and WOW those are great fenders and is that a NOS A/C box ? he was walking me towards the door and i think I was drooling right in front of him :lol:

ho70 11-07-2015 11:27 AM

you really do live in God's country

darkhorse970 11-09-2015 07:09 AM

Sounds like a great find!

70blackfish 11-09-2015 10:25 AM

post pictures of your score

dirish 12-18-2015 11:47 AM

Any word on this sale yet? Hoping you get it.

YBNORML 12-18-2015 01:33 PM

Can you do the rest of us a favour? Pleas take a bunch of pics and post them. Pics of undisturbed and hoarded auto parts are like crack for some of us on here!

snipescastle2 12-18-2015 02:15 PM

Great Score! I had a friend at my work that mentioned a guy he used to work with had a bunch of parts he wanted to sell, I contacted him and agreed to look it all over, he offered it to me for $1100....boxes and boxes of nos stuff, even had a NOS 71 grill, complete, still in the box, still in the wrapper....extra fenders, a/c parts,etc...I was all set to buy them and the wife shot me down....I tried to tell her the Grill alone would have paid for most everything, and I still would have a ton of parts left over....I bet she wishes I would have taken him up on it now!
Congratulations on the score!
Ben
:metal:

cypressbog 12-18-2015 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snipescastle2 (Post 7414853)
I was all set to buy them and the wife shot me down....I tried to tell her the Grill alone would have paid for most everything...

I tell my wife don't tell me how to handle business and I won't tell you how to cook. Works out great!

snipescastle2 12-18-2015 04:15 PM

I won't ever buy her another frying pan, because it might just be the death of me......
:haha::haha::haha:
seriously, she's been quite a trooper through all my truck "Endeavors" I don't believe I'll be asking to start another "Project" anytime soon,or I'll be Divorced, and probably lose my truck in the process......rotflmao!!!!!
Ben
:metal:

Grumpy old man 12-18-2015 05:07 PM

It's been like pulling a 10 ton wagon with a 2 ton tractor they are real nice people but things take time ... , So far I have a very nice shortbed frame for $250.00 , last week I came home with a like new 67-8 core support with the battery box and washer hanger and heavy front sway bar with frame mounts for $75.00 ,Today I came home with a very nice set of complete doors for $100.00 . He's letting me buy at great prices but won't price the whole lot together . So today I'm shopping around and found a complete jack set But he priced that at $100.00 ? He's in no hurry . :chevy:

rmc70 12-18-2015 05:20 PM

Grumpy,
If you run across a GMC grille and Good tailgate for a 1970 GMC fleetside, I'd sure be interested in them. I live in Indiana, but I could drive to you're location to pick them up.
Thanks,
Randy