The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Anyone have a pic of cruise control installed? (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=689911)

davepl 11-27-2015 09:50 PM

Anyone have a pic of cruise control installed?

I have a lead on an NOS cruise setup, but I'm ambivalent about it. I'd like to have the option, but they could get pretty "junky" under the hood with all the boxes, cables, pull chains, and so on.

Does anyone have a picture of it installed? I'd like to see how it looks. This is for the 1970 rod style linkage, but I'm not picky.

Thanks!
Dave

jocko 11-27-2015 10:11 PM

Re: Anyone have a pic of cruise control installed?

4 Attachment(s)
here's some pics I saved for reference - hope they help.

71blksuper4x4 11-27-2015 10:54 PM

Top pic that Jocko posted would be correct for 70' and would have the chrome turn signal switch. 2nd pic is 71-72 and would have the cruise master under dash switch.

davepl 11-28-2015 02:39 PM

What's the flat piece of wood with what looks like three big homemade resistors on it? That's not seriously part of the stock cruise setup is it?

What do people think about putting this on my truck? About the only two major option it didn't have were tach and cruise, and I added the tach; but it is a lot of clutter in an otherwise pretty underhood.

Still, if anything should have it, a Custom Camper should... so conflicted!

70STOVEBOLT 11-28-2015 05:06 PM

What wod the purpose be, to use it or just to have the option on the truck? If you are going to take the truck on long trips, it would be worth the "clutter" under the hood. The speedostat is s pretty simple system. You could hide the wires and vac hoses pretty easily.
Just my .02

71blksuper4x4 11-28-2015 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davepl (Post 7391728)
What's the flat piece of wood with what looks like three big homemade resistors on it? That's not seriously part of the stock cruise setup is it?

What do people think about putting this on my truck? About the only two major option it didn't have were tach and cruise, and I added the tach; but it is a lot of clutter in an otherwise pretty underhood.

Still, if anything should have it, a Custom Camper should... so conflicted!

That block with the springs or resistors is not part of the cruise. :uhmk:

davepl 11-28-2015 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 70STOVEBOLT (Post 7391834)
What wod the purpose be, to use it or just to have the option on the truck? If you are going to take the truck on long trips, it would be worth the "clutter" under the hood. The speedostat is s pretty simple system. You could hide the wires and vac hoses pretty easily.
Just my .02

Probably just because:

a) To have the option, and
b) Because it suits the Custom Camper
c) The original owner had aftermarket cruise on it for 40+ years

My truck was very highly optioned as it was, and I've added a tach and speed warning, so there's a bit of "option accumulation" going on to be sure.

I might trailer a car to the track (45 minutes) but I wouldn't take long trips in this, I doubt.