The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Alternate Tinkerings (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=140)
-   -   Wilwood brake setup on a 2+2 (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=697253)

davepl 02-07-2016 04:15 PM

Wilwood brake setup on a 2+2

3 Attachment(s)
I'm just about done new Wilwood brakes all the way around, plus their master and combo valve, on my '69 Pontiac 2+2 (which is mechanically an Impala SS).

I've been chasing an annoying brake problem (slow response, pressure builds slowly in the system, unsafe) that no one could solve so I ultimately decided, after 10 years of chasing it, to replace everything. The only downside is the Wilwood master under the door, but I will at least paint it black to "hide" it a little bit.

Very nice parts. A spacer here and a shim there to get things lined up.

Zoomin 02-09-2016 12:26 AM

Re: Wilwood brake setup on a 2+2

Lovethe Wilwood stuff. Looks great on there.

NONHOG 02-09-2016 05:24 PM

Looks great! Curious was it a factory set up or Wilwood set up previous to this one that was giving you problems?

jmking9 02-10-2016 12:14 AM

Looks like a super clean car! Post some pics of the whole car sometime. My grandpa has a 2+2 that he's had every since I can remember. Lots of memories riding in it, and sitting behind the wheel pretending to drive it:lol: I believe his is a 66. Was 69 on of the years they were Canadian? I'm assuming so since they are on the Impala chassis with that Chevy big block. Either way, AWESOME car!

Daddy'O 02-23-2016 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davepl (Post 7477274)
I'm just about done new Wilwood brakes all the way around, plus their master and combo valve, on my '69 Pontiac 2+2 (which is mechanically an Impala SS).

I've been chasing an annoying brake problem (slow response, pressure builds slowly in the system, unsafe) that no one could solve so I ultimately decided, after 10 years of chasing it, to replace everything. The only downside is the Wilwood master under the door, but I will at least paint it black to "hide" it a little bit.

Very nice parts. A spacer here and a shim there to get things lined up.

I agree, we need more pics. What do you mean with the master under the door? Thanks!

ptc 02-23-2016 01:49 PM

I think he meant under the hood..... ? maybe.... and also its already black anodized.... whats there to paint?

davepl 02-23-2016 01:59 PM

I don't know why I said door - I meant hood. I guess it's a big sideways door that covers the engine...

But yes, the only real downside is the non-stock master cylinder under the hood. I might paint it solid black (it's black now but says Willwood).