The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Opinions- seat backs on buckets (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=73801)

1970blazin 10-21-2003 06:18 PM

Opinions- seat backs on buckets

1 Attachment(s)
I have one orig seatback from my blazer (black of course) and the other is broke. I made some from Aluminum and was thinking of getting them powdercoated. Which would look better?
If I powdercoat the Alum. ones what color should I do:
1. Interior Blue (chevy med blue I think) which matches the houndstooth color in the black seats.
2. Black
3. Or match the color of my blazer (Orig. Dark Blue)
Here are some pics to help the decision. Thanks for your input!!

1970blazin 10-21-2003 06:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is the seat colors. I want the interior to look like these seats match, but as for now this is the only part of the interior that is this color blue. My blazer is Dark Blue, and the seats are Med Int. Blue. Hope I am making sense.

1970blazin 10-21-2003 06:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is the color of my blazer paint.

chevy_fatman 10-21-2003 09:21 PM

Black would look better IMO, blue would contrast too much against the black of the seats.

Mark70Z 10-21-2003 09:43 PM

I agree...Black would look better IMO.

HatGuy 10-22-2003 03:42 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I vote for black

JayDubBlazer 10-22-2003 03:44 AM

go with black, you can always change them later

red71cheyenne 10-22-2003 10:36 AM

I'd go with black to match the seats, or leave them plain brushed or polished aluminum. Either one would be sweet! Jeff.

1970blazin 10-22-2003 11:04 AM

Redcheyenne71- I was debating the brushed alum. or polished look. We are going to be doing the cargo panels in something similar to the seat backs. I just have so much black in the interior already. Carpet, door panels, console, bedliner inside the tailgate and kick panels. Maybe I should cover the cargo panels and seatbacks with vinyl or some kind of material...I can't make up my mind. Guess I will just try some different things and put them in and change them if I still don't like it. Thanks!

Phillip Johnson 10-22-2003 11:59 AM

Black is my Vote!

bouncytruck 10-22-2003 06:05 PM

You could make them a cool gray color. It might look nice with the black and blue and add enough contrast. Otherwise, I think black is the best.

1970blazin 10-22-2003 06:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a pic with the seats in the blazer. Is it going to look wierd with the blues being different colors?? I am almost wishing I had just done black seats now. I think you guys are right about the seat back needing to be black. I still need to bolt the seats down after I install some sound deadner. Soon I hope!! I finally got the new inner and outer grill this weekend. Progress is good!!

JayDubBlazer 10-23-2003 02:58 AM

Looking good. What brand carpet did you end up using? I see you still have the suburban. Man I wish I was home and lived closer I really would love a suburban.

1970blazin 10-23-2003 01:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The carpet I bought from www.truckandcarshop.com for $200. It looks like it is going to fit perfect. Came with front back and wheel well covers. The suburban is sold. Traded some parts I needed/wanted from Frank (PICKMUP) He is picking it up this week sometime. I am glad to have gotten rid of it. We just wanted to make a few bucks on it, and parting it out was too much work for me!

Mark70Z 10-23-2003 01:59 PM

I "think" you really need to go with all black interior to make it look nice....and sell me "all" your seats that are there!!! I'm getting jealous each time you post pics. of your interior;)

1970blazin 10-23-2003 02:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Mark70Z- Thanks for the compliments, but if I sold you my seats for just what I had into them you wouldn't want them:D Amazing how this stuff adds up when you aren't looking:confused:
Here are the door panels that were in it, I think they are out of a 68. Wrong pattern for a 70, and the blue doesn't match anything in my interior. I am thinking of just going with the metal door panels painted black, or recovering these door panels with different vinyl. Wish I could get ahold of some of this same blue/black houndstooth, then I could do something trick with black vinyl border and houndstooth insert in the door panels...would that look good?

red71cheyenne 10-23-2003 02:46 PM

The door panels are really in nice shape. You should trade those to someone for a set of basic ones you can customize like you said. The houndstooth idea would be sweet. Hope you don't mind if I rip it off and do my door panels that way! hehe. In white of course. Jeff.

CPNE 10-23-2003 03:07 PM

Those door panels area custom job. 67/68 used vertical pleats, not horizontal.

I have a set of OE blue bucket seat backs if interested.

k5bucket_o_rust 10-23-2003 03:25 PM

Blazers lookin good. At least u get stuff done on yours. Ive been sick and the weathers been to shi**y out fro me to do anything. The only thing ive done since i bought parts from u is get the darn thing started and got it moved. Maybe this weekend or next or next lol. Soon my wife is getting pissed because i always have to drive her rig. we own 5 cars and only one is driveable everday wise. Wouldn't you know it the only one we can use all the time is the 4 letter word that starts with an F and ends with a D if u know what I mean.

bouncytruck 10-23-2003 03:54 PM

You could have the door panels re-done in black and incorporate the pattern in the seats.

1970blazin 10-23-2003 04:06 PM

Bouncytruck! Those look trick!! I will have to show my husband that pic. The only problem now is getting ahold of some of that material for the houndstooth part of the door panels. I got the seat covers thru Frank (PICKMUP) I will have to call him.
Thanks for the paintshop doorpanels!
Diane

bouncytruck 10-23-2003 05:02 PM

Diane - no problem. I think it could look sharp. Frank must buy the covers from a supplier and I bet he could track down he fabric. It would look sharp if you carried the same pattern through on the rear side panels. Maybe a little bit of blue piping between the fabric & vinyl that matches the body color to tie it all together.

k5bucket_o_rust - I haven't done anything to my truck in months. I've got a stack of parts waiting to be put on but no time to work on it. On top of that, It doesn't fit in my garage and I hate working in the rain & cold.

TRUK 10-23-2003 09:23 PM

I would go Black on the seat backs.

I have window crank handles and inner and outer door handles if anyone needs them.

1970blazin 10-25-2003 10:42 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Bouncytruck-
Frank is checking with his supplier on getting me some of that houndstooth material. It took a while to get the seats done, so I may have to wait to get the door panels done. Oh well I can put the blue ones on until then. Thanks for the pic of my door panels- like they say "a picture says a thousand words" - That picture really made up my mind on what I wanted Thanks again! I might try to do a chevy emblem in the cargo panels with the houndstooth, and around that will be black vinyl...that will be cool! I hope an upholstery shop doesn't charge me an arm and a leg to do the work. My husband has been working 6 days a week and his Dad just had a small stroke and moved in with us, so we have been to busy to work on the blazer....I did get some trim on the tailgate, and trying to repaint all the hardware- here is a pic

1970blazin 11-02-2003 02:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Frank (PICKMUP) is ordering the fabric for me. It is hard to come by! It is spendy, but well worth it to round out the interior! I think it will tie it all together real nice! I got some sound deadning closed cell foam this week,and am trying to get time to put it in...from there I can finally finish putting in the seats and carpet! Wooo Hooo!! One step at a time eh?