The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Cool Camper Shells on CL - Not Mine - Wouldn't sell 'em if they were (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=741189)

'63GENIII 06-28-2017 12:39 AM

Cool Camper Shells on CL - Not Mine - Wouldn't sell 'em if they were

Wish I could get them. I would surely end up being buried in one by the Wife. Hope someone here can save 'em.

https://stockton.craigslist.org/pts/6187787909.html

oem4me 06-28-2017 01:07 AM

Re: Cool Camper Shells on CL - Not Mine - Wouldn't sell 'em if they were

1 Attachment(s)
Odd. All the same ...or at least very similar. Probably worth that in scrap value alone, but what to do with five? Some appear to need major repair.
Cool shells though.

'63GENIII 06-28-2017 01:12 AM

I asked him where how he came across 5 at the same time. I had looked for years and even then found 1 for a Long Step. He said "one at a time over years". They all appear to be Sportsliners (or at least look very much like the one I have). Made in San Jose. Wish I could get the windows out of the rounded window toppers..... but then Id be scrapping one out too :(

60-66 06-28-2017 08:24 AM

I'd be all over that ! What a deal !

Brad54 06-28-2017 11:49 AM

Maaaan... you need those! Get them, take the one you want and the worst as a donor and make a good one, then sell the rest.
Or, honestly, part them out to guys who need windows or edges or lift gates to restore one. It's not any worse to part them out to save others, than parting trucks out to save others.

I bought one strictly as a donor for a pattern, templates and parts.

'63GENIII 06-29-2017 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brad54 (Post 7978846)
Maaaan... you need those! Get them, take the one you want and the worst as a donor and make a good one, then sell the rest.
Or, honestly, part them out to guys who need windows or edges or lift gates to restore one. It's not any worse to part them out to save others, than parting trucks out to save others.

I bought one strictly as a donor for a pattern, templates and parts.

Ive wrestled with it for sure Brad. The Mrs. would kill me or at the very least make me wish I was dead. Ive been skating on thin ice for a while as far as the vehicles go. But believe me, If I could sneak 'em under the house, the response would be the same as hers when I ask about a pair of shoes Ive never seen before.... "those old things? Ive had those forever".

Besides, they're all fleet side width. I already have one that I need to narrow.

Its tempting but I gotta pass. Not the hill I wanna die on. :lol:

oem4me 06-29-2017 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by '63GENIII (Post 7979349)
Ive wrestled with it for sure Brad. The Mrs. would kill me or at the very least make me wish I was dead. Ive been skating on thin ice for a while as far as the vehicles go. But believe me, If I could sneak 'em under the house, the response would be the same as hers when I ask about a pair of shoes Ive never seen before.... "those old things? Ive had those forever".

Besides, they're all fleet side width. I already have one that I need to narrow.

Its tempting but I gotta pass. Not the hill I wanna die on. :lol:

All too funny! Ha Ha!