The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   What seats are these? (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=743693)

67see10 08-01-2017 12:22 PM

What seats are these?

1 Attachment(s)
Does anyone know what vehicle these seats Are out of?

Grumpy old man 08-01-2017 01:09 PM

Re: What seats are these?

Aftermarket , 70's -80's can tell more by seeing the bottoms and backs , They used to sell seats like these in the speed shops as a custom replacement to stock truck seats .Old custom van style seats with a consol . the seat tracks can tell more . Tube frames :chevy:

67see10 08-01-2017 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grumpy old man (Post 8005128)
Aftermarket , 70's -80's can tell more by seeing the bottoms and backs , They used to sell seats like these in the speed shops as a custom replacement to stock truck seats .Old custom van style seats with a consol . the seat tracks can tell more . Tube frames :chevy:

Unfornately that's the only picture available at the moment. The seller original was asking $40.00 but told me to come get them for free. The only issue is, it's 2.5 hours north of where I live.

Grumpy old man 08-01-2017 01:44 PM

Unless you need a seat ,Don't waste your time , they need to be repaired and that ain't cheap anymore , they will look like a fat kid in a little suit in your truck :lol: and they are pretty tall so you'll see a lot of them from the back . You could tear them down ,Cut the frames ,have them reupholstered and have $$$ in them ? What's wrong with your bench seat ? you can add headrests and a center fold down consol with a some work and have something .

68Gold/white 08-01-2017 03:53 PM

Not enough room in the cab for thiose. It'd be like having a living room sofa in the cab of your pickup, with zero adjustment.

67see10 08-02-2017 04:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grumpy old man (Post 8005159)
Unless you need a seat ,Don't waste your time , they need to be repaired and that ain't cheap anymore , they will look like a fat kid in a little suit in your truck :lol: and they are pretty tall so you'll see a lot of them from the back . You could tear them down ,Cut the frames ,have them reupholstered and have $$$ in them ? What's wrong with your bench seat ? you can add headrests and a center fold down consol with a some work and have something .

The truck came retrofitted with some seats out of another car.

GR8-68 08-02-2017 05:48 AM

I wouldn't waste my driving time neither, look at the drivers side seat, looks like it is bent over towards the console. I like how 68 gold put it, look like a sofa in your truck :lol:

Grumpy old man 08-02-2017 07:40 AM

No matter what seat you buy always measure to make sure they fit across the truck with the doors closed and that the drivers seat is centered on the steering wheel . even being 1" off will make driving your truck uncomfortable .:chevy: