The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Welcome Area (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Greeting from a new girl here with lots of questions for you boys!!! (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=754911)

seton4770 01-15-2018 10:39 PM

Greeting from a new girl here with lots of questions for you boys!!!

Hello. I purchased this 1965 Chevy C 10 back in 2011. It was a complete disaster at the time and needed so much TLC and work done to it but I was up for the challange as I really am obsessed with this truck. And Not sure why. Over these last seven years It has been a lot of blood , sweat and many many tears as I have had so many people and "friends" try to rip me off and pull some mechanic/ restoration " fast ones" as I am a women and apparently a simpleton. Lol. With that said I now have taken this truck on my own and have educated myself through u tube and this forum to answer and educate myself through this process. And for that I thank you all. When I bought this truck. It was Maroon in Color with crushed velvet interior throughout ( for real.... what were they thinking) I wanted a "all American apple pie and Chevrolet " 60's truck and so the story goes. In advance I want to thank you for answering my perhaps silly and girly questions as I am determined to finish her up on my own.

Aberdare 01-16-2018 12:56 AM

Re: Greeting from a new girl here with lots of questions for you boys!!!

Awesome to see a lass take up the banner and fly it high. Good Luck to you in your project.

Hubscrub 01-16-2018 05:13 AM

:welcoem: i'm sure you will find a wealth of info here as i have.

RustyPile 01-17-2018 10:40 PM

Welcome!!!!! You got any pictures??

del4fun 01-21-2018 11:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by seton4770 (Post 8161918)
Hello. I purchased this 1965 Chevy C 10 back in 2011. It was a complete disaster at the time and needed so much TLC and work done to it but I was up for the challange as I really am obsessed with this truck. And Not sure why. Over these last seven years It has been a lot of blood , sweat and many many tears as I have had so many people and "friends" try to rip me off and pull some mechanic/ restoration " fast ones" as I am a women and apparently a simpleton. Lol. With that said I now have taken this truck on my own and have educated myself through u tube and this forum to answer and educate myself through this process. And for that I thank you all. When I bought this truck. It was Maroon in Color with crushed velvet interior throughout ( for real.... what were they thinking) I wanted a "all American apple pie and Chevrolet " 60's truck and so the story goes. In advance I want to thank you for answering my perhaps silly and girly questions as I am determined to finish her up on my own.

You are not on your own! I had crushed velvet interior on the roof too, with speakers hanging down from the roof in my truck.Hahaha;)

seton4770 01-27-2018 07:42 PM

Sorry it took so long to respond back as I'm new to this Yes I have pics. Trying to do my interior now. What a pain. I am now dealing with cowl vents, cowl vent seals etc etc

seton4770 01-27-2018 07:47 PM

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/c...ic181170_1.gif

seton4770 01-27-2018 07:49 PM

Wow. Beautiful!!!

86swb 01-27-2018 11:23 PM

Welcome to the board from Navarre, Fl. That is one fine truck.