The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Finally... (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=760409)

darrellyates 03-27-2018 08:23 PM

Finally...

2 Attachment(s)
Well, again thanks to the Forum. I got: measurements for paint divider trim; the lower front spoiler; pix of bumpers; help on the LS3; and lots and lots of ideas from everybody else's posts.

Couldn't have gotten it this far without all the help.

I do appreciate it!!!

flashed 03-27-2018 08:28 PM

Re: Finally...

WOW ,We need a Like button for this one .

FRCvette 03-27-2018 09:47 PM

Beautiful truck.

71CHEVYSHORTBED402 03-27-2018 09:49 PM

nice!

57taskforce 03-27-2018 10:04 PM

I’m not as much of a 2 wheel drive guy, but damn that’s a nice truck!

cc-rider 03-27-2018 10:12 PM

Beautiful. Congrats. Great truck...

KevinK7 03-27-2018 10:16 PM

I've been a Chevy guy all my life, heavy into Camaros. Only recently (through this forum) did I realize there was a 50th Anniversary truck. ...but Gosh Damn ...these Gold/White trucks look absolutely awsome :)

darrellyates 03-27-2018 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevinK7 (Post 8223701)
I've been a Chevy guy all my life, heavy into Camaros. Only recently (through this forum) did I realize there was a 50th Anniversary truck. ...but Gosh Damn ...these Gold/White trucks look absolutely awsome :)

Well, actually Kevin (I assume it's Kevin)... Funny you would mention Camaros; as I've got one in the garage on the lift. It's next. It's a '72, but I'm going to restore it like a 1970 which was my first actual car. So, guess I'm looking for a good Camaro forum to get ideas for the next one!

Glad you, and everybody who commented, like the truck. I just love this site, everybody has been so helpful and kind.

Thanks Guys!!!!

el_fantasma 03-27-2018 11:45 PM

Amazing, more pictures please

darrellyates 03-27-2018 11:54 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by el_fantasma (Post 8223783)
Amazing, more pictures please

OK, I'm going to try this... It's a cell phone picture, so not sure how it will actually orient..

Two photo's... Before, and after.

Thanks,

darrellyates 03-27-2018 11:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by KevinK7 (Post 8223701)

And, one more for Kevin.... See it up above? Waiting patiently???

KevinK7 03-28-2018 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darrellyates (Post 8223791)
And, one more for Kevin.... See it up above? Waiting patiently???

Hard to see it past the shine on that hood :)

As for the Camaros, I'm one of the judges at the Nationals (1st Gens), so I guess you could stay I'm still involved a bit ; ). If you run into any questions/issue don't hesitate to reach out. If I don't know, I'll at least try to point you in the right direction.

In the mean time, here are some great Camaro sites:

'Team Camaro' (www.camaros.net):
A great overall site, from ProTouring to stock, great technical source
'Camaro Research Group' CRG (www.camaros.org):
For the purists, when you're trying to find exactly how it came from the factory, etc.
' Nasty Z28' (www.nastyz28.com):
Focusing on 2nd Gens, another overall good reference.

OK, ...back to trucks :)

35boulder 03-28-2018 08:28 AM

Very nice looking truck. Good luck on the camaro. I just recently sold my '73. Loved that car but as I aged just go too hard to get in and out of what with those large and heavy doors! Again very nice truck.

Leonard1 03-28-2018 08:37 AM

WOW! Absolutely beautiful! As I've told you in another post, the next one I build will have the same paint job. I think I'll save a pic of yours for inspiration...

I wish I would have known you were going to build a first gen Camaro, I just unloaded a whole bunch of left over Camaro parts, and my parts car.

KY_GMC 03-28-2018 12:29 PM

Beautiful Truck!

What front spoiler did you use?

RodnRudy 03-28-2018 01:03 PM

Absolutely gorgeous truck! Excellent job on your build.

StingRay 03-28-2018 01:25 PM

Perfect! What is the drop and what size wheels and tires are you running? Any interior pics?

darrellyates 03-28-2018 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KY_GMC (Post 8224110)
Beautiful Truck!

What front spoiler did you use?

KY GMC: I use the search engine on this site and entered "chin spoiler" and also did one for "front Spoiler"... Got several results.

One, was for a late 1980's or early 1990's Chevrolet truck. That's what I used. You can get them about anyplace. I got mine delivered from LMC for about $50. You can find them cheaper, but I knew I could return this one if it didn't fit.

Works out pretty good. Looks better when viewed standing, like in the pix, but not terrible from underneath. Mounts and lines up nearly perfect below the fender opening, and does stick out a little up under the front bumper where you can't see it. My bumper is tucked pretty tight to the truck, but I think it gives it a little bit of an aggressive look.

I like it anyway. Thanks for the interest and the nice comments everybody!!

darrellyates 03-28-2018 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StingRay (Post 8224153)
Perfect! What is the drop and what size wheels and tires are you running? Any interior pics?

StingRay: Well, the drop is an interesting question. I'm running a complete Scott's frame. I think Justin said it's 7 inches straight down from stock. You can adjust the height a LOT. I've got it as low as I dare.

Wheels are both 20 inch. Rears are 20x10 and fronts are 20x8. Tires are stock for a 2010 thru 2015 Camaro SS (Kevin should like that...). Rears are 275/40/20 and fronts are 245/45/20. I think that's right. Anyway, stock size for the Camaro SS for those years, so they should always be available as a matched set from multiple suppliers.

I see guys running wider tires, but have no idea how they get them in the fender wells. I've got about 3/8 of an inch in the back, and less than 1/2 inch from the curved part of the bedside inner. Of course, I'm running it pretty low. Static drop by the way, Ride Tech coil overs at every corner. Needs to look the same going down the road as sitting still is my opinion.

Thanks for asking!

darrellyates 03-28-2018 08:11 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by StingRay (Post 8224153)

StingRay:

Oh, and interior pix... Well, once I get the carpet glued in. I'm using a cut pile that's very plush. And, I do have a computer issue. I have to replace the E38 that runs the engine. Throws a "computer internal failure" code, and has been diagnosed as computer fatal error... First show I want to go to is in 3 weeks, so I'm going to finish up the interior and get a new computer next week. I'll show you the seats though... Will post up what I have. Forgive the dynamat, you have to imagine the black carpet...

Steeveedee 03-28-2018 08:17 PM

Beautiful truck! :chevy:

darrellyates 03-28-2018 08:24 PM

2 Attachment(s)
And, a couple of last ones. So, I told you it was on a custom frame. And, want you to see the engine compartment. I know, I know, should be over on the "LS" part of the forum, but I like it over here too!

Faastone27 03-28-2018 09:34 PM

Very, very nice truck! I know your proud as can be after all the hard work! You should be!

darrellyates 03-28-2018 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faastone27 (Post 8224531)
Very, very nice truck! I know your proud as can be after all the hard work! You should be!

Thanks!! Yes, I am both proud and excited. I've come a very, very long way as you can tell by the sideways "before" picture.

Just completed my list for "things to finish"... Only a couple of dozen items. Can't wait to start checking them off this weekend. Really anxious to get out and drive in the nicer weather.

Thanks to everybody for the kind words. If any of you are ever in/close to Nashville, lunch is on me!

RenoKeene 03-28-2018 10:13 PM

Beautifully done!