The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   1974 C10 A/C Hardline Routing (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=766983)

Cadillac Kid 07-06-2018 07:56 PM

1974 C10 A/C Hardline Routing

Hello everyone.

I have finally been replacing parts to get the factory air conditing working in my 1974 Chevy c10. I replaced the compressor with a pro6ten unit, and the condenser with a modern parralell flow unit. What I need to know is where the ac hardlines route once they go through the core support in the fron of the truck. I removed the original condenser when I did the cam about 5 months ago. I should have taken a picture of the hardlines before I scrapped it. Does someone happen to have pictures of the condenser and the a/c lines in the core support area? Or if someone could explain where they run to that would be great.

On my truck there is a line that runs from the bottom of the evaporator and goes through the passanger side core support, makes a 90 bend and then stops. On the drivers side the stock rubber hose from the compressor terminates at the core support. My new condenser has #6 and #8 fittings on the drivers side. I found a hose shop in my town that can make new hoses/lines, but I would like to give them a general Idea of what is going on. And I would like to know myself. Any input, and or pictures are really appriciated.

Thank you!

cruizin01 07-06-2018 10:51 PM

Re: 1974 C10 A/C Hardline Routing

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cadillac Kid (Post 8295629)
Hello everyone.

I have finally been replacing parts to get the factory air conditing working in my 1974 Chevy c10. I replaced the compressor with a pro6ten unit, and the condenser with a modern parralell flow unit. What I need to know is where the ac hardlines route once they go through the core support in the fron of the truck. I removed the original condenser when I did the cam about 5 months ago. I should have taken a picture of the hardlines before I scrapped it. Does someone happen to have pictures of the condenser and the a/c lines in the core support area? Or if someone could explain where they run to that would be great.

On my truck there is a line that runs from the bottom of the evaporator and goes through the passanger side core support, makes a 90 bend and then stops. On the drivers side the stock rubber hose from the compressor terminates at the core support. My new condenser has #6 and #8 fittings on the drivers side. I found a hose shop in my town that can make new hoses/lines, but I would like to give them a general Idea of what is going on. And I would like to know myself. Any input, and or pictures are really appriciated.

Thank you!

I can't help too much on a 74 as the later 70's ran both out the drivers side for the condenser hookup. Im surprised you found a parallel condenser that was setup that way. i couldn't find one when I was looking.

Checkout my build and scroll to post 66 it pay help you a little for the small lines at the core support.

Palf70Step 07-07-2018 08:17 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This may help. This is my 81 and I think it is pretty much the same fro the 73-87. Anyways, on mine the two lines are actually different diameter fittings so they only went on one way. But the upper one goes to the compressor and the lower line from the condenser goes back to the evaporator.

v30crewcab 07-07-2018 11:23 AM

#8 will go to compressor, and #6 will go the the evaporator.