The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Welcome Area (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   New to this forum but not New to heavy metal (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=771067)

Roady’s truck 09-09-2018 10:42 PM

New to this forum but not New to heavy metal

Hello from Decatur, Texas. 😃

my newest acquisition is an 1972 c10 custom with a/c built in California and lived most of its life in Arizona, so this truck is cherry for not ever being or having a frame off resto.

This site doesn’t seem to be smart phone or tablet friendly. If it was I would post a picture.
Posted via Mobile Device

rustytruck50 09-10-2018 09:24 PM

Re: New to this forum but not New to heavy metal

Welcome! It can be a bit tricky to post pictures from your phone, but I can try & talk you through it because I love pictures of these old trucks :cool:
Ok...if you click on "go advanced", you can start typing in this box since you have pics to post. Next, click on "manage attachments". This will open a window that should prompt your phone or tablet to go to picture files. Once you have found the pics you want, upload one at a time and make sure to save after each picture you choose. It will help if you scroll across the screen to see all of your options. Hope this helps...if not ask us again :cool:

MD2020 09-10-2018 10:56 PM

Howdy there, I'm new too!
Can't wait to see you pic.

Getter-Done 09-10-2018 11:16 PM

Welcome
It took me a little while to learn the process.
I can post Pics from my computer.
Maybe I will get the phone process one day:lol:

Hotrod_7us 09-11-2018 11:20 AM

First time posting but not my first time visiting. I am a bow tie lover. I'm wondering if anyone on here has done what I've had in my mind for a while now. Been thinking of retrofitting a first gen k5 blazer body to my 2nd gen full top blazer tub. Don't know how much difference there would be between the length and everything. I'm not afraid of the fab or metal work. Anyone else done anything like this if so any pics or advice. Thank you in advance

Roady’s truck 10-01-2018 01:44 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by rustytruck50 (Post 8341864)
Welcome! It can be a bit tricky to post pictures from your phone, but I can try & talk you through it because I love pictures of these old trucks :cool:
Ok...if you click on "go advanced", you can start typing in this box since you have pics to post. Next, click on "manage attachments". This will open a window that should prompt your phone or tablet to go to picture files. Once you have found the pics you want, upload one at a time and make sure to save after each picture you choose. It will help if you scroll across the screen to see all of your options. Hope this helps...if not ask us again :cool:

Perhaps this worked. You lost me at “go advanced”.

Just Incase someone notices and wants to be a wise crack,I bought it in Nebraska. Yes I live in Texas.
It now sports 1972 Texas plates.

C10 custom
Factory optioned
350 ms465 4speed
Power steering
Power brakes
A/C
Leaf spring rear
Medium blue

Roady’s truck 10-01-2018 01:52 AM

Has 122,xxx miles on odometer and a
Full gauge cluster.

rustytruck50 10-01-2018 11:45 AM

Real nice lookin' truck!!!

Hack_Attack 10-01-2018 12:25 PM

I really like your truck, looks like a good one....welcome to our group.

MD2020 10-02-2018 04:54 PM

That's a nice one.:metal:

I had a 1970 in the late 70's
Wish I had it now

Roady’s truck 10-06-2018 02:26 AM

It’s as close to virgin I have seen in many many years.
It has had a mild resto in the 90’s.

The wiring, dash face, and a/c system is all complete and unmolested.

I purchased it person to person but my purchase started on eBay.
I paid $7,500 and drove from north Texas to Lincoln Nebraska and trailered it back.
Only rust I can find is the right inner rocker and outer rocker has paint blisters.

I’m very happy with my recent find.
Not that it matters but when I get a chance I’m going to look at the block for a vin# to see if it’s numbers matching.

Motor seem original , the truck has 122,xxx miles so it’s possible it’s the original Non rebuilt motor.

Everything else seems original.
The balljoints are original
Going to put a cam in through the plug hole and look to see if the pistons are stamped.

cru_zn_29 10-07-2018 12:32 PM

Welcome aboard
Looks like you found a good one.