The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Trucks For Sale (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=76)
-   -   CA 1972 Cheyenne (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=772520)

el_fantasma 10-03-2018 08:20 AM

1972 Cheyenne

5 Attachment(s)
Please see my ad on CL

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/cto...770472597.html

el_fantasma 10-05-2018 04:41 PM

Re: 1972 Cheyenne

Guys
Putting the post on hold for a few weeks, thanks for your interest
Rob

Already Gone 11-27-2018 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by el_fantasma (Post 8357869)
Guys
Putting the post on hold for a few weeks, thanks for your interest
Rob

Will the truck be available again.

el_fantasma 11-27-2018 10:44 AM

Probably more info than you care to know . . .

I need a vehicle to drive to my daily radiation treatments. I was going to sell the truck and buy a used Honda. My wife knows how much I love the truck and told me to just drive it instead. Truck has been reliable so it should be fine just more $$$$ for fuel.

If my treatments are successful, I’ll keep the truck. If not, of course the truck will be available. If that happens, my hope is to sell it to someone on the forum so that my wife doesn’t have to deal with all the scammers out there.

Maybe a forum admin can delete this post or some one can tell how. Regardless, thanks for your interest.

Rob

Johns 66 11-27-2018 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by el_fantasma (Post 8393499)
Probably more info than you care to know . . .

I need a vehicle to drive to my daily radiation treatments. I was going to sell the truck and buy a used Honda. My wife knows how much I love the truck and told me to just drive it instead. Truck has been reliable so it should be fine just more $$$$ for fuel.

If my treatments are successful, I’ll keep the truck. If not, of course the truck will be available. If that happens, my hope is to sell it to someone on the forum so that my wife doesn’t have to deal with all the scammers out there.

Maybe a forum admin can delete this post or some one can tell how. Regardless, thanks for your interest.

Rob

I love this truck but with that being said I would rather you keep it...and thus get better and your treatments work...If you will PM me you name etc...I would like to put you on our prayer list at church...Joh

MikeCofield 11-27-2018 01:32 PM

Amen brother john

morepwr 11-27-2018 06:11 PM

Wow. After reading that, I hope you have this truck for many more years ahead.

Already Gone 11-27-2018 07:11 PM

I definetly agree keep the truck. I just asked cause you said " putting on hold for few weeks " and I hadn't seen a repost. I have a friend looking for a cleanrust free truck with A/C and yours fits the bill. I sincerely wish all the best with your health issues.

el_fantasma 12-11-2018 06:48 PM

Hi guys, truck is back for sale. I found out cancer has spread to my lungs so outcome is bleak. Would like to sell my truck while I’m still healthy enough to show it and answer any questions. If a miracle happens and I’m still around a year from now, I’ll just buy another truck.

Here is the listing on CL

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/cto...770472597.html

Any forum member who has a join date before Jan 2018 gets an immediate 10 percent discount so check CL for the current price.

jimer1964 12-11-2018 08:19 PM

I Hate Cancer! Good luck with your sale of a very nice Truck!

57NAPCO 12-13-2018 06:17 AM

Praying for a miracle brother, God Bless

silvertonguedevil 12-14-2018 10:21 PM

F*ck cancer. Beautiful truck btw.

el_fantasma 12-30-2018 03:49 AM

Hi Guys
Any ideas on how to improve my ad on CL?

One guy drove the truck and then told me he would need to ask his wife.

Another guy had to see it on Xmas day, no other day or time.

Thanks
Rob

Already Gone 12-30-2018 05:07 AM

I think your ad and pictures are as good as you can do. Now I'm not saying your truck isn't worth your asking price I just think with the choices available and there are lots of trucks avaialable in the San Francisco area but you are right in the no mans land pricing. You had two people come look at your truck and usually if someone comes to look they are seriously looking for a truck and maybe when they look its not what they want or want to look at some others before deciding or like what the one guy told you he has to really talk with his wife.. I'm thinking that if your truck was priced around 15/16K it would selll fairly quickly.

HeloCrewChief 12-30-2018 01:37 PM

Sending you positive thoughts and prayers. Try listing the truck on bringatrailer.com. I’ve seen some similar trucks sell for good money on there and you basically have to submit a deposit to bid. Much more reliable than eBay. Try carsonline and Hemmings.
. Craigslist is for flakes and time thieves.

hooverfish 12-30-2018 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeloCrewChief (Post 8416226)
Try listing the truck on bringatrailer.com. I’ve seen some similar trucks sell for good money on there and you basically have to submit a deposit to bid.

Agree, Bringatailer site is well worth a try. They're getting top money for sellers. Costs $99 to list vehicle I believe. They help you write the ad and post a lot of pictures. Bidders have to submit credit card info in advance. Also bidding at the last minute, adds 2 minutes to the clock each time higher bid is submitted. So seller gets maximum price.

And my heart-felt wishes you have many brighter days to come.

Jake Spoon 01-02-2019 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hooverfish (Post 8416652)
Agree, Bringatailer site is well worth a try. They're getting top money for sellers. Costs $99 to list vehicle I believe.

The staff at Bringatrailer are pretty selective about the vehicles they choose for listing on the site.

Already Gone 01-02-2019 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jake Spoon (Post 8418698)
The staff at Bringatrailer are pretty selective about the vehicles they choose for listing on the site.

Thay should have no issue listing this truck then.

Jake Spoon 01-02-2019 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by el_fantasma (Post 8416006)
Hi Guys
Any ideas on how to improve my ad on CL?

One guy drove the truck and then told me he would need to ask his wife.

Another guy had to see it on Xmas day, no other day or time.

Thanks
Rob

Some ideas:
1. Your price is too high, even for the Bay Area.
2. The photos in your ad aren't good. Take a look at a nice Ebay or Bringatrailer listing for examples of ads with correctly done photos.
3. In your ad, you state the truck no longer has rally wheels. If that's the case, don't put photos in your ad of the truck with rally wheels.
4. Include a larger, readable, high-res photo of the SPID
5. Show a photo or two of the relocated fuel filler
6. Repair the hazard flashers

el_fantasma 01-03-2019 04:07 PM

Thanks guys for your feedback. I added a picture of the rear gas tank and larger picture of the SPID. You guys are probably right about the price being too high. I presented a 15K offer to my wife who turned it down. As I said before, she really doesn’t want me to sell the truck while I’m alive because she knows how much I have enjoyed it. Also, she probably doesn’t understand what a poor investment these trucks are . . . Roughly .70 cents on the dollar

Personally I don’t care what the sale price is because as they say, you can’t take it with you. I just hate to leave her to deal with it. Having said that, she is a tough lady and would probably tell some joker to f**k off it they tried some funny business. She might just take it to a consignment place or maybe one of the guys on the street would help during negotiations.

Will probably lower the price on CL to 19K and hope for 18K out the door. The one advantage of this truck is that is still mostly stock. The other trucks in my price range are somewhat retro mod with big tires, lowered and cut dash. All very cool and what is popular but mine is a bit different.

Again, thanks for taking the time to respond.

Rob

Jake Spoon 01-03-2019 05:12 PM

Rob, I don't know if you are a religious guy, but I wish you all the best and will keep you in my prayers.

kidatheart 01-03-2019 08:24 PM

If you don't HAVE to sell it, then don't sell it for less than you feel is a fair price. You can always go down later, or your wife can later. It sounds like you enjoy the truck much more than you would enjoy the money. Enjoy the truck with your wife, and wait for the right buyer, if you can. Good luck with everything. It's a beautiful truck.

72c20customcamper 01-03-2019 09:54 PM

Hard to say but I lost my first wife to breast cancer had 34 wonderful years with her. Buy I wont sell the 63 Avanti she loved the car . Do you or she need the money from the sale? Maybe she could just keep it and enjoy it .

Jeff's bowtie's 01-03-2019 10:45 PM

Put your faith in God as I went through the cancer thing in 2011 and was given a 50/50 chance of beating it and I can say it was a rough year but with the power of prayer I'm 7 years cancer free and now the year 2018 has been another trying year for us as my wife has been in the hospital since April 5 2018 to be evaluated for a heart and double lung transplant which she received on September 3,2018 and is still in the hospital recovering from her surgery and doing well and I know all the prayers from friends and family and from people we have never met is what got her through this tough time and I praise God for answering all those prayers and seeing her through all this and we will keep you in our prayers as well stay strong, keep your faith and don't let the cancer get you down and let God take control !!

el_fantasma 01-04-2019 12:47 PM

funny how these threads take a life of their own. The original intent was to sell my truck, as if you guys need another one! However the thread moved into an area of my personal life which wasn’t my intention. Nonetheless, your comments, good wishes and prayers have brought me great comfort and I thank you.

Have a great weekend. Rob