The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Info on wood grain door panel inserts/Jerry Brown (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=776080)

BB72CHEVKT 11-26-2018 01:48 PM

Info on wood grain door panel inserts/Jerry Brown

3 Attachment(s)
Anyone here have any info on these or Jerry Brown? There are a couple of very,very small dings and one very small blemish.

hooverfish 11-26-2018 02:01 PM

Re: Info on wood grain door panel inserts

Jerry Brown was owner of The Truck Shop in Crossville Tn.
They restored 67-72 trucks to a very high standard. Not sure if he is still around. I wouldn't think his name on them would increase the value, all about the condition for me. I'm sure others who are more knowledgeable will add their thoughts.

BB72CHEVKT 11-26-2018 02:10 PM

Re: Info on wood grain door panel inserts

Quote:

Originally Posted by hooverfish (Post 8392803)
Jerry Brown was owner of The Truck Shop in Crossville Tn.
They restored 67-72 trucks to a very high standard. Not sure if he is still around.
I would think your door panels with woodgrain and trim would be worth $200 - $300 since the woodgrain is original and in such good condition. I wouldn't think his name on them would increase the value, all about the condition for me. I'm sure others who are more knowledgeable will add their thoughts.

The black door panels themselves are not NOS but very close. They are the nicest original set I have seen.

special-K 11-26-2018 02:24 PM

Re: Info on wood grain door panel inserts/Jerry Brown

Those were done by Gary Terry for Jerry Brown, is what it looks like. Gary is Cheyenne Super Man and he always engraves his restored pieces.

jocko 11-27-2018 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 8392827)
Those were done by Gary Terry for Jerry Brown, is what it looks like. Gary is Cheyenne Super Man and he always engraves his restored pieces.

Bingo! Gary is about the highest quality I've found to date on woodgrain parts. I've purchased a few things from him and they worth the price of admission. I need to go check for signatures!

BB72CHEVKT 11-27-2018 06:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 8392827)

Quote:

Originally Posted by jocko (Post 8393333)
Bingo! Gary is about the highest quality I've found to date on woodgrain parts. I've purchased a few things from him and they worth the price of admission. I need to go check for signatures!

Thanks guys.

CS1972 01-24-2021 11:54 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Hello everyone, I don't like to start new threads if I can find one to continue on with and this one is it.

I'm installing my new "Cheyenne Superman" wood grain inserts. I already installed the dash cluster, so all I have left is the glove box. The pictures below is the originals and the new ones, side by side. And if you're wondering, yes, I do have 2 sets of factory olive green door panels.

Ol Blue K20 01-25-2021 07:32 AM

Do they have signatures on them?

CS1972 01-25-2021 09:59 AM

No signatures, but I know they're from him because we talked numerous times. You get charged $100 until you send him "cores", then you get a $100 refund.

special-K 01-25-2021 11:17 PM

Those look nice. I have some dash pieces he did in my '72. Steering column, too.

atog 01-27-2021 01:24 AM

Gary did all the Woodgrain door panels for jerry. People would send them to jerry or order them from jerry thinking he did them. I think it was just a way for him and Gary to poke fun at each other. Later they were shipped from Gary’s place. Him and jerry had a guy reproduce the metal panels years ago then Gary installed the Woodgrain. There is a few board members that can verify this as it happened to them. Looks like Gary signed Jerry’s name

best view 07-12-2021 09:21 PM

Is Superman still doing these