The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   I got another one (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=802360)

Andy4639 03-07-2020 11:35 PM

I got another one

5 Attachment(s)
I haven't done much in the way of golf carts lately but I couldn't pass this one up. I have been wanting another cool cart ever since I sold the Woodie back in August to my cousin!
So I went and got it in the pouring down rain this past week. I been working on it all week.
Its just stock 36 volts right now but it will be getting some mods later down the road if I keep it long enough!
I've already done a few minor personal changes. Changed the steering wheel, F/R handle is in the floor now like I did the woodie. New windshield. More padding in the seats. Going to try and figure out a new throttle for it. To make it a little more comfortable on my foot. Oh going to add 4 wheel hydraulic disc brakes to it also.
:chevy:

72c20customcamper 03-07-2020 11:44 PM

Re: I got another one

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy4639 (Post 8690797)
I haven't done much in the way of golf carts lately but I couldn't pass this one up. I have been wanting another cool cart ever since I sold the Woodie back in August to my cousin!
So I went and got it in the pouring down rain this past week. I been working on it all week.
Its just stock 36 volts right now but it will be getting some mods later down the road if I keep it long enough!
I've already done a few minor personal changes. Changed the steering wheel, F/R handle is in the floor now like I did the woodie. New windshield. More padding in the seats. Going to try and figure out a new throttle for it. To make it a little more comfortable on my foot. Oh going to add 4 wheel hydraulic disc brakes to it also.

Cool little ride . I have one of these had it since I was 8 .

Andy4639 03-08-2020 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 72c20customcamper (Post 8690802)
Cool little ride . I have one of these had it since I was 8 .

That is cool sir! 8 man you would think you be driving a full size by now!:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

:metal::metal::metal::metal::metal::metal::metal::metal:

72c20customcamper 03-08-2020 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy4639 (Post 8690807)
That is cool sir! 8 man you would think you be driving a full size by now!:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

:metal::metal::metal::metal::metal::metal::metal::metal:

Not my style of car . Fun to putt around with the little guy but a full size ? No way I love HP

dajn 03-08-2020 12:12 AM

So who are you liking for the players? Morikawa seems to not disappoint. Im won the honda and is on point. Patrick reed playing well. Dechambeau looks like rocky balboa now. Beefed up big time. And of course you can't forget about tiger. Rory is rory. The best golfer on the planet easily. But maybe DJ has something to say about that. Koepka maybe. I am ready to make my DraftKings team now after talking it through. Lol. But in all seriousness that's a cool little cart you have there. Not much more peaceful than being on your favorite golf course. Sorry. Again, cool cart you have there. I want one.

FleetsidePaul 03-08-2020 02:24 AM

That's cool. It reminds me of my red "Golf Cart"

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/gallery/.../31_ford_9.jpg

Redneck Rydes 03-08-2020 03:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy4639 (Post 8690797)

I thought I saw the same one here in my hometown of Lancaster.

special-K 03-08-2020 07:24 AM

Cool hot cart. What some looking might not know is at the beach towns of SC Grand Strand you can operate golf carts on all but the main roads. Andy can drive this around town down at his beach place!!

Paul, did you have to show that to remind me to give you a hard time for selling it... again? I don't know about you. Too much hot sauce? Too many divorces? Too many parking violators? Hen pecked? (uh oh… seeya!):lol:

Andy4639 03-08-2020 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redneck Rydes (Post 8690921)
I thought I saw the same one here in my hometown of Lancaster.

You did until Wednesday! I drove over from Clemson to get it before it got gone!:chevy:

Quote:

FleetsidePaul,
That's cool. It reminds me of my red "Golf Cart"
I bet yours ant as slow as mine though!:chevy:

Boog 03-08-2020 09:58 AM

That's cool beans right there bud.

FleetsidePaul 03-08-2020 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 8690936)

Paul, did you have to show that to remind me to give you a hard time for selling it... again? I don't know about you. Too much hot sauce? Too many divorces? Too many parking violators? Hen pecked? (uh oh… seeya!):lol:

I sold it because it was a P.I.T.A. All that other stuff is true.

Andy4639 03-08-2020 10:17 PM

5 Attachment(s)
I worked on the gas pedal, new windshield, hood catch, rubber floor mat and steering wheel today. I had my buddie do me a sticker for it with my grandson name for the passenger side , he will be my co-pilot!

Didn't quit finish the gas pedal but It works much better than the other one. I have to get the right spring for it to pull it back. The steering wheel needs to come off and get it painted to match the cart as well.

Andy4639 03-09-2020 09:40 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I woke up at 3:30 this morning couldn't go back to sleep so I went out to the garage and finished up the throttle cable and hooked up some brake lights. Took about a hr. Came back inside sat down in my chair and bamm, I just woke up again!

I love being retired!

Today I'm going to try and get the steering wheel painted to match.

LockDoc 03-09-2020 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy4639 (Post 8691640)
I woke up at 3:30 this morning could go back to sleep so I went out to the garage and finished up the throttle cable and hooked up some brake lights. Took about a hr. Came back inside sat down in my chair and bamm, I just woke up again!

I love being retired!

Today I'm going to try and get the steering wheel painted to match.

Looking good Andy. I bet Rhett is ready to go with this one..... "On The Road Again"...:)

LockDoc

Axle 03-09-2020 11:02 AM

That is cool. Put a slow moving vehicle triangle on the back and you can take it on the road (location/area rules dictating that possibility or need of course).

Andy4639 03-09-2020 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Axle (Post 8691692)
That is cool. Put a slow moving vehicle triangle on the back and you can take it on the road (location/area rules dictating that possibility or need of course).

Here in SC you buy a $5.00 sticker for it. You can ride on any 35MPH road within 5 miles of the address given when you get the sticker at the DMV.

In South Carolina, you can only drive a golf cart during DAYLIGHT hours. During these hours, you can drive on secondary highways or streets with a speed limit of 35 mph or less. You can cross a highway or street at an intersection even if the highway or street being crossed has a speed limit of greater than 35 mph. You have to have a valid drivers license also.

A golf cart now has to be permitted by the State of South Carolina, with a permit decal and proper registration issued from the Department of Motor Vehicles. Registration will be granted upon the owner presenting proof of ownership and liability insurance for the golf cart and paying a $5 fee.

special-K 03-10-2020 09:46 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by 72c20customcamper (Post 8690808)
Not my style of car . Fun to putt around with the little guy but a full size ? No way I love HP

That can be arranged, large or small :cool:

Skip to 12:15 to here it run
Awesome!!

67ChevyRedneck 03-10-2020 10:01 AM

Don't forget, every girl crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man!

Andy4639 03-12-2020 08:21 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Ok I been looking for a 34 Chevy Bow Tie for the grille. I didn't want to pay $45.00 for one so... I made my own and it turned out pretty nice I think.

I painted it and the steering wheel to match.

I got a Jakes hydraulic disc brake kit for it and I have the R&P steering setup also I plan to install. This will also move the steering column toward the front of the golf cart so I gain a few more inches of clearance inside the cart.
I also added the Compass & temperature mirror.

Andy4639 04-30-2020 10:01 AM

5 Attachment(s)
I got home yesterday and fixed a customers cart then started on little RED!

Installed my 80MPH GPS speedometer and put a extra 36 volt solenoid up front tied into the wiring harness to turn ON/OFF with the key switch.

Then ran my wire from the + post of 12 volts to the solenoid and from there to a fuse block under the dash. Then to head lights, speedometer and mirror. On a electric cart you have to ground everything to the battery not the frame. So I then ran a nice ground wire to the front for the grounds. I need to pick up a nice ground bar so I can ground everything.

Rich84 04-30-2020 03:33 PM

That thing is really cool. Me and the wife sold our place in Pawleys Island last fall. I really do miss it down there. First stop when we get off the plane was On the Half Shell.

Andy4639 04-30-2020 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich84 (Post 8729179)
That thing is really cool. Me and the wife sold our place in Pawleys Island last fall. I really do miss it down there. First stop when we get off the plane was On the Half Shell.

You should have never sold it man! We love it in Garden City.
We don't really have a favorite place it just depends on what we want to eat that day!

Andy4639 05-01-2020 07:36 AM

3 Attachment(s)
I posted the picture a few weeks ago of the BowTie I made. None of us caught my mistake! Chevy guy's and we missed it.:chevy:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Boog 05-01-2020 07:42 AM

Well, I wasn't going to mention it.;)

Andy4639 05-01-2020 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boog (Post 8729708)
Well, I wasn't going to mention it.;)

Thank's, I had a Ford guy tell me. I was like no it's not...then looked and said dang it man.
Oh well it's fixed now.