The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   47-59 Gas Line run on a S10 frame with homemade cab brackets. How do you run them? (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=817499)

hodag 01-25-2021 06:14 PM

Gas Line run on a S10 frame with homemade cab brackets. How do you run them?

I built my cab brackets They rest on top of the frame so the stock S10 line can't run on top. What has everyone done to get them up front. Rebend lines around the cab brackets or just run new one all the way from the back to the front? How did and where did you attach them along the frame? I am wondering. Thanks.

MiraclePieCo 01-25-2021 06:41 PM

Re: Gas Line run on a S10 frame with homemade cab brackets. How do you run them?

How about drilling holes in your cab mount brackets to run the lines through?

I always run all new lines from back to front. I realize part of the appeal of S10 conversions is that all the brake lines and fuel lines are already installed, but often they're filled with gunk and rust and should be replaced anyway. And it's really a simple process to make new lines.

dsraven 01-26-2021 12:03 AM

Re: Gas Line run on a S10 frame with homemade cab brackets. How do you run them?

if unsure what to do, get a double flare tool, practice some with some extra tubing, then cut the offending length of the old lines out, back a bit from the brackets. use a tubing cutter for this, then slip a new flare nut over the tube and do a new double flare on the tubes. then make a connector tube to fit between the cut off parts, formed so that it is bent around the bracket. source some double sided connectors for the flare fittings so you can install the patch tube in between the cut off tubes. bleed the brakes, that will get you going till you decide if you need to change it later.

joedoh 01-26-2021 12:30 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I doubt the forum picture size will let you see it but I angle the snap retainer and screw it right to the back of the mount.

hodag 01-26-2021 10:17 AM

Great replies, I should be able to handle that. Thanks!

jocww 02-06-2021 02:04 AM

I ran my fuel lines inside my rails. Its a tci, but Im sure you could prob do the same

Black93GT 02-12-2021 01:54 PM

I only used the S10 lines as far forward as the fuel filter. For me this was approximately at the back of the seat. The fuel pump is just ahead and draws directly from the filter. The regulator ties into the return line in that same spot. I routed the carb line directly up to the cab floor and to the passenger side before coming forward.