The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967-1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Canada Box Side Toolbox Hinges (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=818059)

cff 02-06-2021 10:32 AM

Box Side Toolbox Hinges

I understand that there is a member here that is reproducing the hinges for the box side tool box. Could someone let me know who it is, or send me the thread that pertains to this? Thanks.

cff 02-07-2021 12:52 PM

Re: Box Side Toolbox Hinges

ttt

cff 02-10-2021 11:53 PM

ttt

Getter-Done 02-11-2021 12:54 AM

Hey cff

I have subscribed to your thread.:smoke:
Just in the spirit of keeping this going.

I have used Both search functions.

(For a few hours on SB Sunday)

(not Small Block Sunday:lol:)

With several different (trigger) words.
I have searched the (WTB tool box hinges)
Also searched Hinges sold/ doors sold with hinges.

I remember this.:chevy:

Maybe The Person that makes these will post to this thread :ito:

If not a stamping die to make these would be possible.
I have other projects going on and this could be added to that list.

I don't know When I could Even Start on it :uhmk:

And the cost :devil:

Maybe the Tool box hinge

Guy will post soon:cool:

Clatterville trolley 02-11-2021 05:15 PM

chewychevy67 >>>> I don't know if this guy has any more hinges or not - however anytime there is a discussion about the side tool boxes he seems to be in the thick of it.
Maybe if nothing else he will know where to direct you. Hope this helps. Jay

Classic Bowties 02-11-2021 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cff (Post 8876480)

Do you have access to a lower 48 address to use for receiving shipments? If unable to locate any repro hinges, we have some of these GM NOS tool stowage door hinges stashed away. Mel :chevy:

Classic Bowties 02-16-2021 01:52 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by cff (Post 8878306)

Hello cff, we have yet to hear anything back on our above posted question and offer, after checking our available on hand inventory we pulled out these eight GM NOS RPO VK2 tool & stowage door hinges. Since offering these NOS hinges to you here a few days ago, three have been sold/paid for and one single is pending payment. The NOS hinges were originally offered to you first so we will leave our standing offer open to you for another day or so but given the limited available quantity we will have to move on at some point. The NOS hinges are $300. per set of three (Or $100. ea.) + $13. for USPS insured CONUS shipment, if interested funds can be sent via paypal, venmo, check or money order, if using paypal option buyer covers fee's. Please confirm interest or a pass. Thank you, Mel :chevy:

PICKMUP 02-16-2021 02:59 PM

He runs a body shop in Spokane Valley. He had a minimum of 100 made. The cost was high and it took a long time to sell them all. He said he would never do that again. Maybe you could find out who made them and get another 100 made...but, then you would have to sell them.
Mel's really look good!

cff 02-16-2021 09:22 PM

Hi. I would love to have a set but I can't afford them. Thanks for letting me know though.

Classic Bowties 02-17-2021 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cff (Post 8881336)
Hi. I would love to have a set but I can't afford them. Thanks for letting me know though.

Okay, thanks for confirming. We'll go ahead and get the extra's listed/offered in a parts board f/s thread. Have fun with your project and let me know if we can help with any other 67-72 parts needs. Mel :chevy: