The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Gotta love a good swap meet (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=826320)

too much stuff 09-28-2021 10:11 PM

Gotta love a good swap meet

4 Attachment(s)
Went to a swap meet about 7 hours away last weekend that i haven't been to in 2.5 years. Ended up being pretty good, in fact the best one i have been to this year. Most of the others have been poor as far as 67-72 parts. I thought after a year off things would have been better.

On with the pics... enjoy

Maybe special-k or someone can shed some light on the 72 burb panels? They are in a sealed package but i don't think they are GM. They look pretty good for repro if that's what they are.

Ironhorse 09-28-2021 10:23 PM

Re: Gotta love a good swap meet

Love a good swap meet. Looks like you scored some nice parts there. I'm like a "kid in a candy shop" at a swap meet. Have made some really good buys over the years. Couple things I have bought at a meet thru the years was a pair of 69-72 tow hooks for $20 and pair of 15 x 8 CUCV 6 lug steelies for $50. Have a local meet coming up next week, really looking forward to it. Meets have been on short supply around here for the last 18 months or so.

LockDoc 09-28-2021 10:23 PM

-
Looks like you did pretty good on the parts. I don't know on the panels. I haven't been to a swap meet for a long time.

LockDoc

68Gold/white 09-28-2021 10:39 PM

Looks like you’ve got about $10,000 worth of tow hooks, there. Lol

Dieselwrencher 09-29-2021 07:14 AM

Nice scores! I'd like to know more about the suburban wood grain inserts as well. It is my understanding that suburbans couldn't be had as Cheyenne Supers/Sierra Grande and that is what trim you had to select to get the wood grain inserts in pick ups but they never offered this trim on suburbans. I've recently seen 2 different rear panel inserts sell on this board. Surely someone knows. :lol:

MJN 09-29-2021 09:01 AM

We may have been at the same swap meet- looks like you made a good haul. I was also surprised with the amount of 67-72 parts this time around. I didn't buy much- there was a lot of stuff I passed up simply because I don't have a use for it right now.

As far as the woodgrain panels- back in 2004 I was at a junkyard and they had a '72 GMC Sierra Custom K1500 Suburban- it had all the woodgrain panels in it (white with woodgrain inserts), basically it was pretty loaded expect A/C. I think the carcass is still there but has been stripped since. I should try to dig up any pictures if I still have them.

Dieselwrencher 09-29-2021 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MJN (Post 8977812)
We may have been at the same swap meet- looks like you made a good haul. I was also surprised with the amount of 67-72 parts this time around. I didn't buy much- there was a lot of stuff I passed up simply because I don't have a use for it right now.

As far as the woodgrain panels- back in 2004 I was at a junkyard and they had a '72 GMC Sierra Custom C1500 Suburban- it had all the woodgrain panels in it (white with woodgrain inserts), basically it was pretty loaded expect A/C. I think the carcass is still there but has been stripped since. I should try to dig up any pictures if I still have them.

I've had 3 72 Custom Deluxe burbs. 1 was a highlander, and neither of the other 2 had the inserts. Do you remember if this Sierra Custom had wood grain cluster bezel and gb door? Maybe it was a Sierra Custom only thing?

MJN 09-29-2021 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dieselwrencher (Post 8977904)
I've had 3 72 Custom Deluxe burbs. 1 was a highlander, and neither of the other2 had the inserts. Do you remember if this Sierra Custom had wood grain cluster bezel and gb door? Maybe it was a Sierra Custom only thing?

Looks like it had dummy lights but I didn't note if it had woodgrain bezel or glovebox door.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=127592

Dieselwrencher 09-29-2021 01:04 PM

On a side note, are the square body hooks values climbing now?

too much stuff 09-29-2021 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ironhorse (Post 8977695)
Love a good swap meet. Looks like you scored some nice parts there. I'm like a "kid in a candy shop" at a swap meet. Have made some really good buys over the years. Couple things I have bought at a meet thru the years was a pair of 69-72 tow hooks for $20 and pair of 15 x 8 CUCV 6 lug steelies for $50. Have a local meet coming up next week, really looking forward to it. Meets have been on short supply around here for the last 18 months or so.

Good luck at your local meet.

Quote:

Originally Posted by LockDoc (Post 8977697)
-
Looks like you did pretty good on the parts. I don't know on the panels. I haven't been to a swap meet for a long time.

LockDoc

I have seen a few pics from your place, you could have your own swap meet...

Quote:

Originally Posted by 68Gold/white (Post 8977700)
Looks like you’ve got about $10,000 worth of tow hooks, there. Lol

If only they were 69-72

Quote:

Originally Posted by MJN (Post 8977812)

As far as the woodgrain panels- back in 2004 I was at a junkyard and they had a '72 GMC Sierra Custom K1500 Suburban- it had all the woodgrain panels in it (white with woodgrain inserts), basically it was pretty loaded expect A/C. I think the carcass is still there but has been stripped since. I should try to dig up any pictures if I still have them.

I passed on a lot of parts myself just because i didn't want to haul them or have a use for them at the moment.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dieselwrencher (Post 8977922)
On a side note, are the square body hooks values climbing now?

Not really, $75-$125 a pair i see them sell for.

1956cameo 09-30-2021 11:17 AM

I was scrolling through the Blazer / Suburban parts forum yesterday and a couple of pages in a guy was selling parchment rear door Suburban panels and they had the woodgrain centers. My dad used to have a parchment interior 72 Suburban and I want to say it had the woodgrain door panels as well. He sold that Suburban a while back so I would have to find old photos to confirm.

dave6672 09-30-2021 11:58 AM

Nice haul of stuff, sounds like a good time. I have the same AC Delco Batteries sign, but mine looks like it's been run over by a truck (more than once).

too much stuff 10-01-2021 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dave6672 (Post 8978290)
Nice haul of stuff, sounds like a good time. I have the same AC Delco Batteries sign, but mine looks like it's been run over by a truck (more than once).

The guy had a small crate of these. This is the first time this one has seen the light of day. Must have been about 15 of them in there.

Rich72C10 10-01-2021 10:47 AM

I wished I knew when one of these were around Austin area! It would be cool to poke around and find some cool thing to buy I didn't know I needed!!