The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   I sure could use some help (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=827691)

BCOWANWHEELS 11-11-2021 03:42 AM

I sure could use some help.. NORTH EAST TN.

Guys a while back i got run over by a large farm tractor. I really could use some help installing a 350 and 350 trans in my 1972 c10. Engine is complete. Just get it in and hooked up, hood rad etc back on etc. I have a shop, truck is on ramps level etc. I have a reman p/s box i,d like to install. All needed tools, large a-frame crane and compressor. The only thing i,am short is 2 legs to stand on as i,am wheel chair bound. I live in n.e. Tn. Kingsport .to be exact. I,ll pay you. Its my d/d and i really need it. I hate to impose / ask etc. But i,am up against it. If you could help i,ll do my best for you in return.
Regards
bob

NGN 11-11-2021 08:16 AM

Re: I sure could use some help

Man sorry to hear your situation wish I could help. Take care heal fast.
NGN
Nick

Ol Blue K20 11-11-2021 09:02 AM

I hope someone close can help you out. Get better soon!

67C10Step 11-11-2021 09:14 AM

Man, if I were not a state and a half away I'd round up another pair of hands and lend you a hand. Very sorry to hear of your troubles and I hope some locals can get you fixed up soon.

custom10nut 11-11-2021 10:56 AM

Do you have a shop, and a Cherry Picker?
Are there any time constraints?
I’m down south of Newport, but I don’t currently have a shop to work in.
Next week I start pouring the slab for my new Shop.:metal:

kwmech 11-11-2021 11:01 AM

Re: I sure could use some help.. NORTH EAST TN.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BCOWANWHEELS (Post 8994250)
Guys a while back i got run over by a large farm tractor. I really could use some help installing a 350 and 350 trans in my 1972 c10. Engine is complete. Just get it in and hooked up, hood rad etc back on etc. I have a shop, truck is on ramps level etc. I have a reman p/s box i,d like to install. All needed tools, large a-frame crane and compressor. The only thing i,am short is 2 legs to stand on as i,am wheel chair bound. I live in n.e. Tn. Kingsport .to be exact. I,ll pay you. Its my d/d and i really need it. I hate to impose / ask etc. But i,am up against it. If you could help i,ll do my best for you in return.
Regards
bob

That really hurts doesn't it? I did the same thing 2-1/2 years ago on fathers day weekend. Luckily for me I was driving my B series Kubota which doesn't weigh all that much but messed my left leg up for about 3 months. Didn't break anything but had massive tissue damage and bruising. Get well. If I were closer I'd swing by and get that finished for ya.

BCOWANWHEELS 11-11-2021 11:57 AM

thanks guys . pray 4 me ok

Happy_dan 11-11-2021 03:15 PM

You have my prayers! I wish I could help but too far from NH.

SCOTI 11-11-2021 06:28 PM

Hopefully there are some TN guys out there that can help you out. I know I'd be there if I was close enough. Maybe a board member w/some younger kids?

It would be a great teaching moment to help someone out.

57taskforce 11-11-2021 08:40 PM

I hope you can find help quickly, if I was near by I would do it for free just to help another truck guy out.

More important than finding help, I wish you the best of luck in continued recovery and health.

garyd1961 11-11-2021 09:36 PM

I have a really bad back but if I were closer you can bet I would be there.

toolboxchev 11-13-2021 01:25 AM

If I were in your local I would be there, spot on.

Someone is going to be a part of your new life real soon....Sucks to hear about the dilema, yet as you know a new door will open again.

KEEP THE FAITH! everything else comes and goes!

special-K 11-13-2021 07:00 AM

Man, where are all the members from that corner of TN/VA/KY? Back when I joined here there was quite a gathering from that area and they seemed to be well acquainted, got together on occasion, and I'd think they'd do a thing like this in a jiffy. I wish I were closer or even able to travel down one weekend soon. My transportation situation is limited to local these days.

BCOWANWHEELS 11-13-2021 11:53 AM

i forgot to mention the old engine and trans is out.

Husker 11-13-2021 12:33 PM

I would love to help also. Hope you get some volunteers and with this site u am sure you will.
Take care
Ron

Grumpy old man 11-13-2021 12:38 PM

Post up some pictures of what your working on/with , Is it in a garage , Sitting on concrete ? Do you have all the needed correct hardware ready to go ? vacuum lines/hoses/belts , Engine lift / floor jacks What all do you need done ? just drop it in or running ready to go ? I'd like to see you get it done but I can't spend days digging thru cans and boxes looking for parts and hardware ? :chevy:

:wop:

BCOWANWHEELS 11-13-2021 01:52 PM

its real hard for me to get in my shop as my legs dont work. i,am a retired owner/operator trucker. my shop is 80x80 FT concrete floor , 16 ft A FRAME CRANE ALONG WITH A H/D CHERRY PICKER TROLLEYS AND 2 CHAIN FALLS, 120 GAL COMPRESSOR , ALL AIR TOOLS. FRANKLY ITS A REAL NICE POST STEEL BUILDING. FLOOR WILL NEED TO BE SWEPT AS I,VE NOT BEEN ABLE TO. NEW ENGINE IS COMPLETELY DONE BUT NEW TRANS ISNT CONNECTED. GUYS I JUST CANT WALK......................... I ALSO HAVE A ENGINE TILTER. THERE WILL BE NO LIFTING OR TUGGING . I,VE SET MANY ENGINES IN MY LIFE I MAKE IT EASY AS SEMI ENGINES ARE LARGE........... SAFETY IS NUMBER 1

BigBird05 11-13-2021 10:24 PM

Come on guys. Lets go and make it a weekend to help out this guy. I'll travel up there if some other guys can come up. If we all team up together we can get it done. It will be like a Red neck Garage squad if somebody would video tape us.

BCOWANWHEELS 11-13-2021 11:25 PM

I,ve got 2 spare bedrooms. A weekend is plenty of time, really 1 good day should do it. I,ll buy the viddles but sorry no booze

slikside 11-14-2021 01:04 PM

Bob,

God bless you. You have my prayers. Keep your faith and hope. It will happen!

Thealien 11-14-2021 01:18 PM

I am so sorry for the situation you are in. I hope you are able to recover?

I myself have 2 destroyed shoulders and understand needing to get help, it is not easy to ask for help. I wish I was closer I would help as much as I could. Good luck I hope you find your help, soon!

grousehunter 61 11-14-2021 06:45 PM

Come on guys, you mean to tell me that there is no one close enough to help this member out, If I wasn't 80 years old and living in Idaho I would be there in the morning. He says he has a lift, garage, all he is asking is 5 or 6 hours of your time, surly some of you could spare some time to a fellow member who needs help.

BCOWANWHEELS 11-14-2021 07:29 PM

The lord will provide and send his blessing to all. Thanks guys

Seanext 11-14-2021 08:24 PM

Any idea what weekend would work for a group? Getting close to the holidays so time is getting tight. I am about three hours away but could make the trip if we could get someone closer to coordinate a day for people to show up.

BigBird05 11-14-2021 08:36 PM

I am almost 5 hrs away but I would come if some other guys or gals come.