The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   airborne (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=844870)

mongocanfly 05-30-2023 09:36 PM

airborne

a while back we saw a video of a car that launched off a interstate embankment
heres one that did a Duke boys launch off a rollback
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08LObYdCIw0
a perfect example of not paying attention

special-K 05-31-2023 06:13 AM

Re: airborne

Not paying "good enough" attention and/or not setting up an accident scene properly. That rollback shouldn't have been the first thing traffic comes up on. All those emergency vehicles packed onto the hiway in one lane and none to warn on the side with the lone rollback sitting square in the fast lane set up ready to load. No warning, just a truck sitting dead in the fast lane. I blame the responders for not setting up a safe scene there

Boog 05-31-2023 06:23 AM

Wow, just as I was watching it here the same vid was being shown on my local news tv. Somebody plainly wasn't paying attention to their driving or had a medical moment. There is a responder walking by the front of the truck as that happened.

Stocker 05-31-2023 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 9208323)
Not paying "good enough" attention and/or not setting up an accident scene properly. That rollback shouldn't have been the first thing traffic comes up on. All those emergency vehicles packed onto the hiway in one lane and none to warn on the side with the lone rollback sitting square in the fast lane set up ready to load. No warning, just a truck sitting dead in the fast lane. I blame the responders for not setting up a safe scene there

That's the way I saw it, my first thought was what the heck is that truck doing there anyway? The driver may have been distracted, looking at the activities across the median instead of looking ahead. But the truck should not have been parked in the road. One thing for sure, someone took a helluva ride they'll never forget.

Mid-Pack 05-31-2023 09:29 AM

As I see it. First, the rollback driver creating a dangerous situation by parking where he did (no cones, flares, nothing). Pretty much checking off all the boxes on what not to do. Second, none of the patrol officers telling the guy to move it to their side of the highway where they already had a secured/safe area established. Third, to the rubber-necking driver for not paying attention. Which I`m sure this epic jump put an end to that. I`d expect the driver to get a nice little payday out to this.

tim71 05-31-2023 09:52 PM

I know this is a serious situation and I hope no one was injured, but I have to admit that this video made me laugh. Maybe my sense of humor is abnormal.

57taskforce 06-01-2023 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tim71 (Post 9208498)
I know this is a serious situation and I hope no one was injured, but I have to admit that this video made me laugh. Maybe my sense of humor is abnormal.

Don’t worry I got a laugh too.

truckdude239 06-01-2023 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 57taskforce (Post 9208549)
Don’t worry I got a laugh too.

wait till you watch it witht he duke of hazards song on it its totally wrong

special-K 06-01-2023 07:53 AM

Be honest. Who here has never imagined this very scenario when seeing a rollback on the side of the road, bed lifted to load? The driver did a good job. Could have swerved and messed the whole thing up :lol:

EDIT: I just watched again and that car was hauling butt! I looked again to see if it was boxed in by the RH car. When the cars first appear it looks like plenty far back from the RH car to cut over. By the time the car hits the truck it's equal with the RH car. It almost landed on the RH car it looks like

LockDoc 06-01-2023 08:29 AM

-
Driver survived but has some serious injuries.

LockDoc

Mid-Pack 06-01-2023 09:00 AM

To watch the unsuspecting driver launch off the rollback like an old TV/movie stunt, was frik`n awesome. You can just hear the dixie horn as it happening.

I knew all movie car stunts could happen in real life.:lol:

Micmac 06-01-2023 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tim71 (Post 9208498)

You are not alone Tim. Then I felt guilty because someone certainly could've might've died in that one.

joedoh 06-01-2023 12:25 PM

mongocanfly 06-01-2023 06:48 PM

Wow..that's even crazier Russ... that motorhome got some serious airtime..

Boog 06-01-2023 07:40 PM

He was either running from someone or just HAD to catch that ferry. And later died.
Maybe that was one of those "well it worked in the video" moments...

special-K 06-01-2023 09:05 PM

How in the...???

special-K 06-02-2023 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 9208552)

EDIT: I just watched again and that car was hauling butt! I looked again to see if it was boxed in by the RH car. When the cars first appear it looks like plenty far back from the RH car to cut over. By the time the car hits the truck it's equal with the RH car. It almost landed on the RH car it looks like

I watched other videos of this jump. That car did land on the RH car. So she was flying on by the RH car when she hit that rollback. Even after hitting that ramp, ripping through the headache rack, and flying, she still caught up to and landed on the RH car

dmjlambert 06-10-2023 12:27 PM

I had to watch the ferry video 3 times to figure out where the RV came from. When I watch movies and TV it always gives me the creeps to watch the driver talking to the passenger with head turned toward the passenger and not even glancing at the road at all for 30 or 45 seconds at a time. I guess that's the way you do it.