View Single Post
Old 11-17-2004, 09:20 PM   #28
Bowties

I don't know either. I asked your question specifically about not telling the reserve and their point was that every persons whom e-mailed asking about the reserve never bid. They claim these types are just lookers or just nosey asking for the reserve for fun. My opinion is, as a buyer, that I bid what I thought the item was worth and if the reserve was not met then I moved on. I sometimes watched, sometimes not, depending on my interest level. After looking at many auctions I see bidders are bidding rediculously low bids. For example, I was searching Saabs since we're considering a convertible Saab and bids were in small increments, like 10 bids ranging from $1-$2500 for a $20K vehicle 3 days into a 7 day auction. I just don't think eBay, or more specifically eBayMotors, is a good venue any longer. I don't care for time wasters, tricksters, etc... and I'm afraid that's all I'll get. One thought I had was to add an incentive that states if the first bidder is the final bidder/winner then I'll give them $500 in cash back upon pick up [full payment ~bid price~ must be recieved within 3 days and all other terms must be met to recieve the $500 back at pick up * if being shipped $500 is applied towards transport]. I always like to have an 'edge' over any competition and was trying to come up with something that benefits the bidders/buyer. Thanks!