View Single Post
Old 11-25-2004, 12:25 AM   #5
bouncytruck
SKINNY TIRES RULE!

I would think the 20's would provide a better street ride because there wouldn't be so much bounce in the side wall. 20's will cost a small fortune to replace when the tires do were out. Swampers generally don't get very good milage (as in tread wear), although the IROCs are better for street than traditional swampers. I've never seen an older model truck or blazer lifted and rolling on 20's. It might be unique, especially if you go with the Black & Orange paint scheme that was on the photoshop board (can't find the link anymore). I think the photoshop job looks a little more like 40's than 36's.

As far as the fad goes, I think 20's and above are here to stay. The tires and wheels will continue to get cheaper as more manufactures spec them OEM.

IGOR has 17's on his truck. See if you can find some pictures of it. To me, the wheels are noticably bigger than what you generally see.

Are you sure those wheels will fit your truck? I recall reading someplace that some of the modern wheels don't fit over our hubs and need to be machined down to fit. Ya might want to do a test fit before forking over the $.
Wife's Ride2014 Fiat 500L
bouncytruck is offline   Reply With Quote