View Single Post
Old 12-06-2004, 03:39 PM   #11
GreyHoundSteve

Sorry, i posted this when i was upset. The reason i refered to them as "idiots" is because of the obvous mistakes that have been made. Do i have the knowledge of paint and body that they do? NO, but do i have enough common sense to avoid potentially damaging accidents like this? YES!

Like i mentioned before, i had a nightmare about this a few days before it happened but i went back to sleep easily because i thought to myself .... surely no one who does as good of work as was done would be careless enough to make such an obvous mistake ....... i was wrong.

I had witnessed other things prior to this to lead me to believe that i should be weary but as with anything you have to have some faith in the people you intrust to do the work however when the interior pieces had been painted (ducting) i noticed that they werent cleaned prior to painting. Now again .... i dont know much about painting but i would think that common sense suggests that if someone is dropping some serous $ on a resto job that they would probably expect the ducting to be cleaned prior to painting it.

Am i asking too much here?

The people doing the work are actually employees of my father. They work for him and get paid about 3 times as much as body shop employees make but since they had a lapse in work he gave them an oppurtunity to stay busy by working on my truck. His company is footing the bill on the labor and i am paying for materials. As it stands im definately getting the better end of the deal however these individuals who are doing the work are more than qualified to do it and are getting paid much more than they would be if they did this for a living so i have llittle empethy for their excuses but mostly the reason why i am upset is because the two gentlemen who did the paint work are friends of mine and i know the love and labor that was put into the work and to see it destroyed by careless bafoons is inexcusable to me. If i had the ability to supervise this project these mistakes would have not been made however i am a busy man myself and in my absence i expect better care to be taken by these people who were placed incharge of this project.

As i mentioned earlier, they will not have the ability to work on the project for more than a couple more days because we have 3 planes coming in and it will probably be months until it slows down again enough to complete the rest of the body work on the bed and frontend so we had planned on having it back together so that other work that needed to be done could be done in the meantime however if the cab needs to be reshot then it will surely have to sit apart until another slowage.

Sorry if this comes off as silly but ive spent the past two months doing nothing but thinking about and working on this truck and now it looks like it will be months before i can do anything else with it because of one stupid mistake.