Thread: Auto Mechanics
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2002, 09:58 PM   #9
dion
72 Cheyenne

Hold up, this was not a diss to Mechanics! I have a lot of respect for all Mechanics. Here's what happend, I spent $3300 having them put the motor I wanted put in, the original quote was $2500, they rebuilt a motor from a 69' but the block didn't line up so the starter wouldn't work. I had to take it back three times, it's there now. I went back this morning and he pretty much told me to get the f@@k out because he was busy, even though he drops whatever he's doing to talk to any female that stops by. When this whole thing started he told me to come down whenever I wanted, he even asked me to come down to help out a little, paint the motor and clean up the frame, stuff like that. At first he was really into showing me what was going into the engine and how everthing worked. I didn't want to be there in the first place today, I had to get to work, the only reason I was there is because one of the other Mechanics told me that he would give me a ride. I just wanted to ask one simple question, why the brand new starter didn't work and He went off on me saying while I was at home having a beer every night he was under a f@@king car and I could hang out if I wanted to fix it myself. It's funny, he was really nice before I paid him all of that money. He works on all of my friends cars/trucks and most of the time he's a really nice guy, it really ruined my day. I was just venting people, he invites me down and then gets pissed that I'm there and for $3300 he could at least awnser one question. Like I said, I was just venting.

------------------
Restored 72 Cheyenne C20
San Diego, CA

[This message has been edited by dion (edited March 20, 2002).]
1966/67Stouts
dion is offline   Reply With Quote