View Single Post
Old 01-11-2005, 03:02 PM   #113
subtle71
Granddad's Ol' Truck

re:

Quote:
Originally Posted by subtle71
Guys, I feel your pain! I work for a speaker manufacturer, Polk Audio. And for me, the abs plastic panels with the 6.5" coaxials was not an option (Especially since I know that there is a better option!). Here is what I was able to come up with. I am attaching a couple of pics to maybe give you a better idea. I had one of my dealers fabricate a set of kicks to fit our 6.75" component set. Phil started out by using the Rod Doors kickpanels as templates for the back of the new kicks. The new back was cut out of 1/4" luan then mdf speaker rings were placed using some back-strap material. Once the desired angles were done for best imaging, Phil stretched a fleece material over the front side and secured to the back of the panel with stapels. He made another luan piece which was screwed over the front to make some design and not make them look so plain. He then covered them with fiberglass resin, sanded smooth, glassed again, smoothed again, and then wrapped with the same soft vinyl that covers the rest of the interior panels.

I hope this info helps a little!
Dean
I meant to add the pics the first try!
Attached Images

2005 GMC Sierra SLT 2500HD crew cab 2wd

[I]1971 Chevrolet Custom 10 Deluxe lwb fleet-side
subtle71 is offline   Reply With Quote