View Single Post
Old 01-14-2005, 01:08 PM   #11
redz 1970 K5
OBS guy

Going into a frame guy today. Guy only works on old off road Chevys and Fords and dune buggies. Doesn't have his own place, he just rents a bay at a frame shop. We had an instant repetoire, and he said he is going to help me as an enthusiast, not a businessman.

He already said he is going to try to keep it around $100 if that is all that is required, but he wants to rack it and check for any more frame problems. Said we have to make it an early day for him, he is heading to the desert this weekend.

Soon as I finish the bedroom, already told the wife the springs and rear blocks are going on. Truck is drivable now, but barely. I can make good LH turns, but RH turns rub on minor turns. I am 99% sure a front center pin is sheered, so the axle isn't centered.

Long story short- She's coming along and I am doing the right things. I am getting more patient. Must come with age.

I have all of the time in the world... I don't really need to have it back on the road until I can get the top off again.
redz 1970 K5 is offline   Reply With Quote