View Single Post
Old 03-08-2005, 08:32 PM   #1
71Shortbed

Thumbs down Aim Industries (www.truckn.com)

I know mistakes happen occasionally and this may just be an isolated bad experience that I had. Anyway, I'll describe it so you an make your own decision before doing business with these folks.

Back in January I ordered a hidden hitch, fold down tag bracket, 1.5" front drop coils and 3" rear drop coills for my 71. I recieved it all except the tag bracket which was backordered. I got the rear coils installed and my tape measure showed they were actually a 4" drop. I called them on a Saturday and they needed the number off the springs so I pulled them back off and they were indeed 4" drops. I was told to call back Monday to talk to the "technical" folks. I did that and they agreed to send me the correct coils free and told me to keep the others.

I waited two weeks and they never showed. I called and was told they just shipped and should be there in a few days. They never showed. I called back and was told they had never shipped and were backordered and would be in about 2 weeks later.

I got P*SSED OFF... after a lengthy conversation they said they would refund me if I shipped the coils back. So after over 8 weeks of waiting all I would get was a refund and nothing for my wasted time and calls and the hassle of packing the damn things up and shipping them back. After further negotiation they agreed to refund me $50 and let me keep the springs. I checked the website and the springs went up $10 during this time. As of today I have waited over a week and have not seen a refund. I called again and they tell me it will be issued tomorrow.

They made several mistakes which could have been easily avoided or corrected.

1) Shipped the wrong part in the first place.
2) Did not tell me, when I phoned in the order, that the tag bracket was not in stock. (I did eventually receive it).
3) Did not ship the replacement springs when they said they would.
4) Did not notify me that the replacement springs were not in stock.
5) Did not refund me as promised.

As a result I am about 4 weeks behind on getting back on the road. It could have all be avoided with some communication.
71Shortbed is offline   Reply With Quote